Where are the Moderators?!

Home Forums FAQs Where are the Moderators?!

• Topic Starter
    Admin
    IGMR Admin
      @igmr-admin

They are probably somewhere else, moderating or perhaps sleeping. (They’ve been known to sleep sometimes. Who does that!?)

There will NOT always be a moderator available. And if you don’t know by now, we let a lot more fly here in the forums than other places. It’s only fair that you have a safe place to say FUCK. (Okay, maybe that won’t fly, maybe it will. It’s a jungle in here. )

**trolls**

But also as you know, the internet has trolls.

So if you need to summon a moderator, there are “key words” that will get our attention quicker than others.

I won’t list them here though, because trolls will exploit this trick.
      So next time you need a moderator, ask for one, and include a keyword, say for instance, “Mods we need you. Troll”. ***It might not appear for you to see, but we will see it.

We might not get there right away, but we will come as soon as we can.

Edit: Thank you all for bringing “trolls” to our attention. You all rock! Keep up the great work.

IMPORTANT:

DFTT: Don’t Feed the Trolls
      It really makes our life easier and faster for us to clean up if YOU DON’T respond to trolls. Try your best to keep scrolling and don’t engage in nonsense. Once we catch wind of a problem, we will work to remove all parts of the conversation, including those comments from legitimate users that are engaging with bad users. It’s not always you, and if you don’t participate, we can clean faster.

Viewing 35 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        OverIt
          @overit

Why is my post awaiting moderation? It was just a simple reply to someone on my topic. Is it because I just joined today?

thicks
            @thicks

Technical difficulties:

It appears something has happened to the forum software so that no text box and Submit button appears in any new posts — only posts that already have some replies.

If this isn’t fixed, we won’t be able to provide any answers, advice, or sympathy in new threads.

Admin
            IGMR Admin
              @igmr-admin

Nice job MomJess!

momjess
                @momjess

Cool Kids Club

Jennifer Florida

Mines was showing no status since 01/4 and I got a 1800. Dollarcheck today.and it still shows no statusj

Steffanie
                    @steffanie4

Cool Kids Club 😁

Heythere
                      @heythere

I have been trying to comment all day and it will just dim the comment but never post

AME
                        @buckeyesgirl

Thank you!!

Admin
                        IGMR Admin
                          @igmr-admin

[quote quote=4368864]Can you please say or do something about a poster (@will) who keeps going into different threads talking about the one particular poster who has been blocked??[/quote]

We are working on it.

iLoatheTaxSeason(PATHassF)

Cool Kids Club 😊

AME
                              @buckeyesgirl

Can you please say or do something about a poster (@will) who keeps going into different threads talking about the one particular poster who has been blocked??

Brett Tuzzo

Thank you for the answer moderators appreciate.the box on his posts 🙏

SportyCourty
                                  @courtnicole

Cool Kids Club 😎

Jennifer Starr
                                    @jstarr

I’m sorry if this isn’t an appropriate place to ask this, however, I’m having trouble posting and wondered if it was a site glitch or if I’m not allowed to post? It is happening frequently.

Redacted
                                      @removed

I guess it fixed itself?? Idk that was really strange. Might have been a glitch?

Admin
                                      IGMR Admin
                                        @igmr-admin

@redacted where? I don’t see that from my end…

Post a link

Redacted
                                          @removed

@jemar707 @kimikaze what happened to my thread it says it’s private and I can’t comment in it anymore?? What did I do??

Admin
                                          IGMR Admin
                                            @igmr-admin

@momjess

This conversation itself is a violation. Specifically:

Comment Moderation. If your comment is being held in moderation please read How We Moderate Comments and review your comment. If you feel your comment is being held in moderation in error please email Admin so it can be looked into further. Do not ask why your comment is being moderated on the feed, or comment that you are being moderated. Such comments will also be moderated.

Admin
                                            jemar707
                                              @jemar707

I have been doing clean-up on Aisle 2, hell, many aisles for 3 hours. Need to dip out and handle some real life stuff. Wish you the best as you navigate the jungle!

Happy Refunding!

Admin
                                              IGMR Admin
                                                @igmr-admin

Oh yeah,

We are working on adding “Top Contributor” denotation in the forums to users who pass our smell test, and it will appear under your name. This will help on some fronts and hopefully let people know we acknowledge their participation.

Admin
                                                IGMR Admin
                                                  @igmr-admin

@redacted: And you already make your own pop up smoke lounges! lol.

Admin
                                                  IGMR Admin
                                                    @igmr-admin

@redacted: we know your MO, and glad you are here! Others would agree. We extend and retract leashes when we need to, lol.

Redacted
                                                      @removed

@igmr-admin I sure will pass it on and help educate and inform the others!

Think maybe next season we can have a “redacted B’s coffee and smoke lounge” as a forum??

I know myself and others that hang in the threads I make CAN be rowdy at times. And say things that aren’t exactly…..ya know, appropriate. As that was always my way of expressing myself lol

Just a thought? Folks would know what to expect!

I’ll email ya about it rather than forum discuss. I plan on joining fb. Just keep forgetting about it when I actually have time.

Admin
                                                      IGMR Admin
                                                        @igmr-admin

I never mean to upset anyone when we say Read HWMC, we really hope you do and it’s our goal to use that to help people understand how we do our work and how you can help. Please share HWMC with others too. We choose the format and method of conversations for reasons I won’t go into here. But please know there are pros and cons to operating this specific type of forum. Our design has flaws, but it has benefits too. We work hard to continue to improve your experience within our design.
                                                        :)

Admin
                                                        IGMR Admin
                                                          @igmr-admin

@gurlcat: Please read HWMC, especially the part about emailing admin with your concerns.

Thank you for being a Top Contributor!

Admin
                                                          IGMR Admin
                                                            @igmr-admin

[quote quote=4356047]Thank you @igmr-admin !!

I’ve been good this year!!![/quote]

We know you have been good! (almost always, lol) You have your own following! Congrats! But are you a member of the cool kids club? lol. Read the HWMC, and please tell other people to so they understand DFTT and how we handle things.

Admin
                                                            IGMR Admin
                                                              @igmr-admin

UPDATE:

We know things can get chaotic, thanks for your patience.

Please please please take the time to read our How We Moderate Comments (HWMC) page to understand how things work around here. Read it ALL, and you will see how you can help us keep IGMR useful. We know it can be frustrating when bad actors abuse our open forum, and thank your for your patience.

It is very important to read HWMC in its entirely to answer some of your concerns about the chaos. And, it will make our jobs easier and your experience better if you read and follow the guidance there.

Here is the link to HWMC:

https://wp.me/P2in2v-5lW

Target

@Bad, not sure if you are new. I had to learn this one myself. Once you post comment, it takes you back to first page. A simple back tab click sends you forward to see your comment. If creating your own topic – You mustn’t forget to add your e-add. Don’t worry, it isn’t published. So, not sure if either of those answered your particular problem?

Hopefully,
                                                                And all the best ..

Redacted
                                                                  @removed

@bautiful1458,

What’s wrong? If it’s a tax question, maybe one of us can help you out? The forum owners are busy, busy right now

Alonna
                                                                    @bautiful1458

Mods please

Target

No problem @jamar707. A fly on the wall here for many yrs. I recognize redacted! Almost feels like an old friend. Not sure why he’s become a target. But I suppose misery loves company. And waiting on IRS to release much needed funds will have the misery effect on some! Understandably so.

Yoga anyone?!

Redacted
                                                                        @removed

@jemar707, thank you so much!!

• #4348219
                                                                        Admin
                                                                        jemar707
                                                                          @jemar707

@redacted

We see you and know that you are a regular and doing your best to behave. Thanks for being patient when you get targeted. We move as fast as we can when we see bullshit.

• #4348209
                                                                          Admin
                                                                          jemar707
                                                                            @jemar707

Unlike Facebook, we do our best to keep up with crap and get it removed. Thanks for your patience.

[quote quote=4348208]Perfect timing! Whatever happened to respect?? I left Face book, for reasons I’ve witnessed here. I’m too old for nonsense and have enjoyed the highroad.

Thanks Admin/Mod team ..[/quote]

• #4348208
                                                                            Target

Perfect timing! Whatever happened to respect?? I left Face book, for reasons I’ve witnessed here. I’m too old for nonsense and have enjoyed the highroad.

Thanks Admin/Mod team ..

• #4289368
                                                                              Admin
                                                                              jemar707
                                                                                @jemar707

For all of you having problems…this will help us track down bad actors.

Please leave a reply with info IN the topic you are having a problem…
                                                                                –If you just say “Mods we have a troll” or “#modlook we have a problem” or something to that effect with the word troll. You can’t see it if you use the word troll, but we can if you call for us.

Reminder, be polite, even when others are not…
                                                                                –You don’t have to call someone out.
                                                                                –Walk away and ask for help from moderators if you’re upset/angry.

Remember, it happens to everyone…
                                                                                –Sometimes someone just loses their mind on the forums. If it’s you, please log off and go knit, or swordfight, or run, or … you get the idea. Get outside and offline for a bit.

How do I become a moderator?
                                                                                –Don’t worry, we’ll notice when you’re awesome. If you are a regular, you are helping others throughout the forum and helping us spot problems, that will make you stand out.

Someone’s acting really badly. What do I do?
                                                                                –First, see if you can help them. Usually, people having a bad day are not bad people, just people having a bad day.

–When Good Users Go Bad

#Reply Kindly
                                                                                Sometimes it’s really just someone having an off day and a gentle nudge will get them back on the path to greatness. It’s really easy to forget that text is hard to read (interpret) and people can misconstrue easily. Maybe try a nice approach.

#Time Out
                                                                                If bad stuff is happening and a reply is filled with expletives, they need to be forced to take a time-out. Call for a mod. Once you’ve done that, it’s best to walk away from the situation, as you probably need a break!

#When It Hit Homes
                                                                                –When they start badgering you, or if they call you names, we have a word for that: harassment and we will jump on it.

Viewing 35 reply threads
                                                                            • The forum ‘FAQs’ is closed to new topics and replies.