Unemployment Amended returns

Home Forums General Discussion 2021 Tax Season Unemployment Amended returns

• This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Lishalynn.
  • Topic Starter
    Devon
      @devg

I know that they are amending returns for any of us who had unemployment last year. Any where to track that? I went to TurboTax to see about amending it, but they have a disclaimer that the IRS is taking care of it. It also showed my refund amount about $3000 higher! So i am assuming this is the new amount and the difference will be sent out.

Just didnt see anything to track it. Also didnt see anything on my transcripts either.

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Lishalynn

Yes I want to know about this too! We don’t amend we just wait ??

tiff

@Leisa that is how much it increased! I was a happy camper but will be even more excited when it hits my account!

Iris

I received my refund 4/07 but I also see 846 code on my transcript for 4/15 I think is unemployment refund

Leisa1979
                @leisa1979

@tiff.

Is the 3000 including your actual refund amount too, or was that how much ur refund amount went up after unemployment tax bill?

I used h and r block but I don’t see any increase yet

tiff

I just contacted tax act and it has also updated the amount of my refund. It was a little over $3000. I paid taxes on my unemployment. Now if I can just get a DDD!!! At least there was some good news!!!

Leisa
                    Kylady

Did you get a notice from turbotax because my refund amount has not changed.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                  • The forum ‘2021 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.