Ugh Audit

Home Forums General Discussion 2019 Tax Season Ugh Audit

• This topic has 11 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by YDNMN.
  • Topic Starter
    YDNMN

Apparently they don’t believe the kids I’ve claimed since 2012/2013 are mine or lives with me. 😑😑😑 So now I need to get all these documents together that the want and send them back. This is so frustrating.

Viewing 10 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        YDNMN

Alright so I called today and spoke with an agent who helped me determine which documents I needed to send in. She even went a head and reverified my husband’s wages which were correct. So all I need to send is the proof they lived with me and my husband lol. Which cut my documents down to 3 that I need to send in.

Hopefully I’ll get this all settled soon.

YDNMN

Omg so my flipping replies just went through. Wtf. Anyways I spoke with the IRS today and they have verified everything but the proof that the kids lived with us. So I have too send that proof.

YDNMN

Blah

YDNMN

Confused,

Honestly I have no clue. I’m calling Monday to make sure I understand what they are asking for and send the correct info. But I have to send in proof my kids are mine so birth certificates and SSNs. I have to send proof that they lived with me for more then 6 months out of the year…. So school records, medical records, proof of this being their address and proof of my address. I believe this is all they are asking for. Well that and I have to verify my husbands wages and withholdings. But I think that’s it. Like I said, I’m calling Monday. When I do get verification on what documents I can update this thread.

YDNMN

My letter literally said that they were auditing my 1040. And told me what to send to them. I can’t see my transcripts but I bet mine has 420 on it.

It’s frustrating but not an issue. I told the truth I just have to send them the info.

MargeInCharge
                    @margeeatshamsammys

To this entire group,

UNLESS YOUR TRANSCRIPT HAS A 420 CODE ON IT, you are not under audit.

Your formally audited IGMR oldie,
                    Maaaaarrggggeeee

YDNMN

David,
                      Mine is a CP75D. Basically they want me to verify why I claimed EIC and send in wage verification. Hubby just told me today that a lot of people at his job apparently are under audits also.

But now I have to hunt down documents. 😟

Confused

@ydnmn just curious what info are they wanting?

YDNMN

My letter is a CP75D. Basically they want me to verify my claim for ETC.

Edgar
                            @gyella

That sucks. Godspeed YDNMN

David87

What type of notice did you get? I received a CP05 this Monday and now I have ANOTHER LETTER soon to arrive. I wonder if they will audit me because I have 5 kids.

Viewing 10 reply threads
                          • The forum ‘2019 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.