Turbo Tax Stimulus update

Home Forums General Discussion 2021 Tax Season Turbo Tax Stimulus update

• Topic Starter
    ImJustHere

I received this email from Turbo Tax, seems like there’s some hope after all.

Dear Valued TurboTax Customer,

The IRS recently began issuing a second round of stimulus payments to those eligible. Unfortunately, because of an IRS error, millions of payments were sent to the wrong accounts and some may not have received their stimulus payment.

We have been working tirelessly on a solution with the Treasury and the IRS. As a result, our expectation now is that within days the error will be corrected and stimulus payments will begin being deposited into the correct bank accounts. We have also re-confirmed with the IRS that they have all of the correct banking information.

We know how important these funds are for so many Americans and that everyone is anxious to get their money, now more than ever. We will keep you updated on our efforts, and we will stay on this until you get your money.

Respectfully,
      Greg Johnson
      Executive Vice President & General Manager
      Intuit, Inc. | TurboTax

Viewing 16 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Brock
          @brock

Anyone receive direct deposit to CashApp account after changing your deposit info on turbo?

aw

CalledTurboTax they said they deposited it the 15th but I didn’t Get anything any one know why

aw

Nothing I did it 1/12 I pray it comes Tuesday or Wednesday

thatguy
                @thatguy4u

Still nothing over here

DConway39

Got mine about an hour ago 11:28 pm

Mommajess33

Kris that’s awesome that’s when I updated mine I’m hoping mine will be here soon!!

DConway39

Still waiting lol. Got a random call from TurboTax this morning. Missed the call, I called back and they had no clue why they were calling me according to the lady I spoke with. Hopefully not much longer considering they DD it on the 4th and then the mess with it happened…

Kris
                        @irishprincesd

Updated bank info 1/12-woke up to DD 😃- GMP still says unavailable

DConway39

I got email today at 5:10 pm, Let’s see how long this really takes to get now.

Sophia

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/internal-revenue-service/help/update-your-stimulus-payment-direct-deposit-information/00/1794099

Update dd info for TT or check your emails for same link with message from TT.
                            Once updated they say within 5 business days you should get deposit.

thatguy
                              @thatguy4u

anyone who filed in 2018 got their DD?

ImJustHere

I got my payment today

Kris
                                  @irishprincesd

I didn’t get the email either ….

Waitinggame2020

Call your bank. Typically accounts are left open for 30 days after closing in case they need to reroute valid transactions

Kimberly

Aloha I kept my checking account open till yesterday because they said I wasn’t getting my stimulus. My purse got stolen so I had to make a new checking. I had the bank keep it open so I could recieve the deposit. Now I find out there was a mistake and they are going to deposit now. That’s so unfair what do I do now my account is closed. I have a new checking at the same bank but I don’t think they will deposit in my new account. I really been counting on this. What can I do?

Jay

I have yet to receive an email.

AERO

Same here

Viewing 16 reply threads
                                      • The forum ‘2021 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.