TT not Taking Return Fee from Refund

Home Forums General Discussion 2022 Tax Season TT not Taking Return Fee from Refund

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by RayC.
  • Topic Starter
    Dawner

I finished my taxes on Turbo Tax and go to efile and it says /i can’t pay for my return out of my refund.
      I’ve never seen this before – and idea what’s going on? Maybe I’m just too early.

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        RayC
          @rayman70

I’m thinking of trying another company. Turbo Tax was awful last year as far as service. When I called and actually did get a live person, they really had 0 desire to talk to us. I am reluctant to use them again. What did we pay for? So, I am not sure why some aren’t able to take their fees from their refund. Thats weird. Try calling them.

Tax2TheFuture

I used a different company, but I had to upgrade to have the option of paying from my refund. It is likely that TurboTax’s most basic paid offerings wom’t allow you to deduct the cost from your refund.

Rob
              @lurrch

I’ve always paid the fees out of the refund. Never had a problem.

Jenna

Definitely has nothing to do with filing early. I file early every year and for the last decade plus had used TurboTax.

I finally got tired of paying their fees this year and I don’t make a ton of money so qualified for some of the IRS free file offers and used one of those options instead (bye TurboTax)

In all my times using TurboTax though I never encountered the issue you did.

Rightstrivinsissy

I was able to choose pay with refund yesterday so something else besides being early is up.

Viewing 4 reply threads
              • The forum ‘2022 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.