Those under 420

Home Forums General Discussion 2019 Tax Season Those under 420

• This topic has 17 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by redacted B.
  • Topic Starter
    ElizabethA
      @elizabetha

Let’s start an update thread with those who have 420 or were under 420 and got their refund.

Cycle code 20190505
      Filed and accepted 1/28 (claiming EITC/CTC)
      1541 – 2/1
      570 – 2/8
      4464c letter – 3/11
      424 – 4/4
      420 – 4/5
      Requested TA – 4/19
      TA assigned – 4/23
      No contact from TA until 5/4 via letter saying attempt to contact was made (wasn’t btw) but needing wage verification
      Faxed paperwork – 5/6
      Able to view all 4 transcripts as of 5/25 as of date changed to June 3
      Received call from TA 5/29 saying paper work was received and sent to Irs and should be completed by June 18…

No transcript updates as of today.

Let’s keep each other updated so that way we may get some hope on when this disaster will be over

Viewing 16 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        redacted B

Congratulations!!

ElizabethA
            @elizabetha

Finally got a change. I called my TA on 6/27 and spoke with her secretary, who put in a referral for release since she told me the irs decided not to audit and closed the exam. I just checked my transcripts for giggles and because I like to torture myself and I finally got an 846 for 7/15. The end is in sight guys, just hang in there!

Marigold

My TA called me this morning. Said that the examiner is adjusting my refund by about a thousand bucks because I didn’t prove my son should be my dependent. He’s faxing my 4549 letter today and if I sign and return, I should have my refund in about 3 weeks. I’m okay with it because I just need some money right now. Hallelujah and thank you Mr. TA!!

Marigold

I faxed all this to my TA last week: birth certs and social security cards for both kids, copy of lease in my name, copy of utility bills in my name, copy of the payment history page from the utility company website, 2018 W2, 2018 1095-B, school enrollment records for my youngest, a couple of receipts from 2018 for items I bought my daughter with her name on it, copy of medical record from 2018 for my daughter, and every piece of mail I could find from 2018 with my son’s name on it (he’s 19). I couldn’t get my hands on his school records since he is an adult now and would have to request them himself. I hope it’s enough. I haven’t heard back from the TA since sending the last batch of docs last week. At this point I just need some money, so if they want to say it’s not enough proof to claim my oldest, they can just deduct that! I just need this to be OVER

TX-Waiting

the last and only change i have received since Feb 2 has been code 424 showing on 06/04 and then on 06/05 changed to 420. I have not received any notices in the mail and have no idea what the delay is. I am afraid to call but I did pull my wage report from the irs site and noticed a small difference in what was reported on my Federal WH compared to what i filed from my last paystub. I just mailed in an amended return because I don’t know what else to do. I hope that this does not become an every year thing.

ElizabethA
                    @elizabetha

So I didn’t update today, my 421 is still on my transcript. However I got an audit packet in the mail asking for EITC proof and wage verification. I already provided proof of wage verification to my advocate, but she asked nothing about EITC verification. I’m ready to lose my freaking mind.

Mommyof3
                      @mommyof3

@marigold

Yes about two hundred

Marigold

Congrats @mommyof3 I wish I would have got a TA sooner because I never received any letters in the mail regarding the 420 and thought it might resolve on its own, but my TA says they don’t even have anyone assigned to work on the audit. So I guess after I send him some documents he will contact the exam dept and then it could still be a few months before I see my refund? Just curious, did your refund amount change after the audit?

Mommyof3
                          @mommyof3

okay guys just to give you guys a little insight on what’s going on now my text advocate work rather badly and I have an examiner looking at my 420 and my report has been completed so now I’m just waiting on my tax advocate to fax me over the 4529 form will all agree to the mouth and then I will get my refund so I’m all done here it’s about time

ElizabethA
                            @elizabetha

@Lavon mine took 2 months exactly with help from a TA mine started on April 5 and ended June 4. Still no 846 but got the 421 last Friday morning.

Lavon

I filed my taxes at the end of January. I received a 420 code on May 10. Anyone have any insight on how long these things last?

Marigold

My transcript “as of” date changed to 7/1 but no new codes :(

ElizabethA
                                  @elizabetha

Today I updated to 421 examination closed. As of date changed to July 1. That was the only change or update I’ve had so far.

Marigold

@mommyof3

Thank you, I just now saw your reply.

Mommyof3
                                      @mommyof3

Marigold

If u have not received your original refund then you still will receive a dd….that’s only for those who amend after getting their refund first

Marigold

I f/a 1/28 and sometime around 2/8 I got the 1541 code. I called them on 3/8 to see what was going on and the agent said I was pulled for 60 day review. Received 4464C letter also dated 3/8 (coincidence?). Mailed amended return because I had made an error on my income. That was accepted 3/27, adjusted 5/3. Received notice dated 5/13 that it was processed and that I would receive my refund in 2-3 weeks (that would be this coming Monday 6/3 at latest). Amended return was ‘completed’ per the WMAR tool on 5/24.

My transcript looks like this and shows my updated income and refund amounts since amended return was processed –

As of 5/13/19

150 – 20190705 – 3/4
                                        806 – 4/15
                                        766 – 4/15
                                        768 – 4/15
                                        570 – additional account action pending 3/4 $0
                                        420 – examination of tax return – 3/29 $0
                                        764 – earned income credit – 4/15 $xxx.
                                        290 – additional tax assessed – 20190701 – 5/13 $0
                                        971 – notice issued 5/13 $0 (i think this was the notice of amended return processed)

Can anyone shed any light on these codes? Am I waiting for a check in the mail since I amended? I think I saw someone else amended and got a DD. Will I definitely see a refund code like 846 on my transcript before it gets sent out?

Mommyof3
                                          @mommyof3

F/a 2/10
                                          I’d verfiy. 3/6
                                          60day. 4/2
                                          Got ta. 5/3
                                          424. 5/10
                                          420. 5/17

Ta told me to send in docs to prove how she said she will contact me back by June 27 oh she put in a relase already that way when I fax my paperwork to her she will send it to them

Viewing 16 reply threads
                                      • The forum ‘2019 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.