Test batch acceptance

Home Forums General Discussion 2023 Tax Season Test batch acceptance

• This topic has 57 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Rico067.
  • Topic Starter
    Queenie

… tick tock goes the tax clock…hoping for early acceptance

Viewing 56 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        RayC
          @rayman70

[quote quote=4527425]WMR shows accepted
          TT does not…
          No sign of RAL either…[/quote] same here, except I used eztaxreturn.com. TT irritated me 2 years back. Excessive fees. I just cant believe we already have a bar at wmr. That happened to us back in 2015 and we had the refund in 4 days. Was just unreal.

Rico067

Anyone test batch 1/20 received a DDD date?

Sisofnangl

Ignore my typos! I’m working and typing ridiculously fast! Lol

Sisofnangl

I filed through TaxAct… had the fees taken from my refund and have one bar on WMR. I usually always get accepted through the test bath and have my money within two weeks. I was accepted on the 18th. So hoping by next Wednesday… which has been the day I’ve got the DD for the last two years. Fingers crossed! Usually the update dor a DDD is the Wednesday before the deposit.

RayC
                  @rayman70

I think I’m in the test batch. Filed Friday afternoon. Married, filed jointly, all the credits. Path act. I already have 1 bar on wmr. That never happens for us. I paid the fee up front this time rather than having it come out of the refund. No accepted message yet on the tax website. Anyone else have this same sitch?

QueenBinKC

@Heyitsmeee
                    Thank You!! ☺️

Apryl

WMR shows accepted
                      TT does not…
                      No sign of RAL either…

HeyItsMeee

@QueenBinKC
                        IF you ARE a PATH, you will Def know babe😔. Instead of seeing BARS or seeing ” is being processed ” instead you will see the huge big ol’ “PATH ACT MESSAGE” and it usually doesn’t pop up until day 7..I guess because it usually takes 7 days for them to process our returns before we get a ddd, so after day 7 some ppl will either have 2 orange bars with a ddd, while others will have the PATH ACT message😫

Ryan

Anyone test batchers pop a DD date yet? I’m guessing we won’t see any pop until tomorrow, but just curious. It’s my first time in the test batch.

QueenBinKC

Hey y’all! Are you automatically PATH if you claimed EITC and/or CTC? I filed on 01/17…accepted 01/18. WMR has one orange bar and tax topic 152. Where would the PATH message be located?

Neek Neek

For path it’s possible to get it processed early but no refund date will be before mid feb.

KJBW
                                @kjbw75

Is it possible for somebody in the test batch who also has PATH credits to get their refund early, also? Before mid-February? As it seems every year, there are always a small amount of people who claim they have received their PATH refunds a bit earlier. My first year in test batch–probably because it is also my smallest refund in years.

KJBW
                                  @kjbw75

I went with Cashapp cuz they offer free filing AND audit protection (which I always get and pay $159 plus SBTPG fees for). So I am getting nearly same refund amount and the only extra fee being taken out is the one from SBTPG. AND I apparently made the test batch–another first–as I flled 1/19/2023, was accepted almost immediately, and as of 1/22/2023, am already at one orange bar!

KJBW
                                    @kjbw75

TurboTax and CreditKarma angered me this year as I was offered the RAL again and would have gratefully accepted except for the fact that my CK account I created to get last year’s RAL and refund was eventually closed after the funds were spent, and CK will not reopen. No other way to receive the RAL except thru CK account. So for the first time in 12 years, I am not using TurboTax.

Tiffy

Filed w/turbotax on 1/16
                                      Accepted 1/20
                                      Turbotax RAL 1/20
                                      EIC, and CTC

Monica

Hello all, for those that have the Chime card, did ya’ll get your money any faster than going through a regular bank? Just got Chime a few months ago.

Tex

Filed 3:00 PM 1/19.
                                          Accepted 10:00 PM 1/20.

Looking forward to seeing the direct deposit hit!

MO

@Unnamed.. Go head do that thing.. I looked at my wait last year and it was about 12 days after acceptance before I got it direct deposited.. But this year I paid my turbo tax fees in advance so hopefully it will speed it up by a few days. But so far..it looks like this might be a quicker year than last.. We shall see!

Apryl

So I was a test batch but got rejected for invalid IPPIN for my daughter. I got it abd added it but I wonder if now I will be delayed and not accepted on Monday.after a refile….?

Charphilly

Freetaxusa
                                                Filed 1/17
                                                Accepted 1/18
                                                No path , EIC or child tax credit.
                                                Only topic 152.
                                                Weekly. Should get mine maybe next Saturday..
                                                Will check in next week

MO

Awesome News!

unnamedtaxpayer

@MO got my acceptance and Turbo tax instant refund . ALot quicker that i thought but im glad cuz it saved by arse this time $75 late fee not today evil corporation

Rob
                                                      @lurrch

mine got accepted today. also already got my RAL from Credit Karma. I’m on the PATH so the rest has to wait, but super excited that the RAL came through (first time using one)

MO

@ Unnamed.. The minute I stopped thinking about it, it was there….I been checking since the 12th..lol then read something about the 18th starting the test batch, then today, I said nix it. I’m not thinking about it. 3 hours later I got a ding on my phone..Its the phone never rings while u waiting for a call scenario. Cheers to great tax season. gn!

Queenie

@tee some of us dont mind being in test group. I usually am and have zero issues and get my money … personal choice

Tee
                                                            @starscreanny

Why would one want to be in the test batch. The Guinea pigs. I rather would want them to weed out the quirks then get me in there

unnamedtaxpayer

@MO cross your fingers for me i need that instant refund advance this inflation is killing me

MO

@ Unnamed, not necessarily. The official start of tax season is the 23rd, Anything before that is the test batch they do every year. My understanding with the test batch is that they try about ten million or so just to get out the quirks. I also read that the test batch was from the 18th till tomorrow, So you very well may get selected. It’s all random. I got a text on my phone saying Irs had accepted me, then an email was waiting from turbo tax today.

unnamedtaxpayer

@MO so if i filed today i probably wont be accepted til mon or tues im assuming

MO

@Unamed I filed on the 12th…..

Alice Kyteler

Filed with Tax Slayer on 1/14, accepted on 1/18.
                                                                      PATH, though, so bleh. But, it begiiiins. 😂

unnamedtaxpayer

MO when did you file

• #4527312
                                                                        MO

Just got Accepted email from Turbo Tax..( hang in there Queenie) I went on WMR just to make sure it was official. Yup, It’s on one bar. This year I’m not looking everyday. I have always been a weekly, I may check next Saturday.. We got This!

• #4527310
                                                                          Ryan

Reverse psychology works! After saying this morning I don’t think I’ll get accepted early, it just happened! Woohoo! Here’s to hoping the testing is working beautifully and an early refund is on the way. Good luck to everyone!

• #4527307
                                                                            Waiting

Filed 1/12/2023 just got an updated federal was accepted today

• #4527306
                                                                              SB

Just got notification that mine was accepted by the irs (turbo tax notification) but I am walking the PATH so it will be a while.

• #4527301
                                                                                Apryl

Anyone get accepted today?

• #4527300
                                                                                  AC

I got my test batch acceptance yesterday and state was accepted today. I have PATH, so the wait begins. Hoping at least state comes through fast like normal. Could really use it.

• #4527299
                                                                                    Ryan

Another day has passed for me with no acceptance. I’m starting to think I’m not going to be lucky enough for the test batch.

• #4527293
                                                                                      Tiffg
                                                                                        @tiffg

Filed with TaxAct on 1/11 accepted today 1/18.

• #4527289
                                                                                        iDaddyBird

TurboTax accetes today. Filed on 5th. Found out it was accepted from credit karma because of refund advanced. Pissed they only gave me $500 out of a $9000+ return.

• #4527288
                                                                                          Wedge

FTUSA accepted today, filed 1/12

• #4527286
                                                                                            Queenie

I am a TT filer have seen a good bit accepted (typeo first one)… nothing yet for me i saw someone filed today and was accepted shortly afterwards 🥲

• #4527285
                                                                                              Queenie

I am a TT filer have seen a good bit approved … nothing yet for me i saw someone filed today and was accepted shortly afterwards 🥲

• #4527284
                                                                                                Queenie

I am a TT filer have seen a good bit approved … nothing yet for me i saw someone filed today and was accepted shortly afterwards 🥲

• #4527283
                                                                                                  QueenB23

I filed yesterday with TaxAct and was accepted today. I don’t know if that’s good or bad.

• #4527278
                                                                                                    Neek Neek

Oh TAXACT

• #4527277
                                                                                                      Neek Neek

Filed yesterday per my rejections and was accepted today

• #4527273
                                                                                                        Ryan

Filed on Jan 12 through TT, no acceptance as of yet. Hoping maybe it gets grabbed today, but not sure if I’ll be lucky enough for early acceptance.

• #4527272
                                                                                                          Rozilyn
                                                                                                            @rozilyn

Accepted today

• #4527271
                                                                                                            Butta525

Filed on the 6th accepted on the 17th. Sounds like test batch frfr

• #4527270
                                                                                                              Queenie

I didnt get accepted yesterday…. Maybe today … fingers cross

• #4527269
                                                                                                                Admin
                                                                                                                jemar707
                                                                                                                  @jemar707

Did you get accepted yesterday!? 🤞🏼
                                                                                                                  Many did! But we could seem them all week 😁

• #4527268
                                                                                                                  Blue

Did anyone get accepted that filed through TT who also opted in for the advance?

• #4527267
                                                                                                                    Neek Neek

Rejected today lol had to fix some birthdays

• #4527266
                                                                                                                      Bec

Yes same TT filed the 12th accepted today 1/17 :)

• #4527264
                                                                                                                        itsCo

I just got a text that my return has been accepted by the IRS. I filed Jan 12 with TurboTax.

Viewing 56 reply threads
                                                                                                                      • The forum ‘2023 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.