TC 424

• This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Samantha.
  • Topic Starter
    Samantha

Has anyone had the 424 code appear on transcript? Did you receive a letter following that or had any other transcript updates?

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Samantha

@Naomionekanobe

No updates :( I saw on another post that you got an 846 and a DDD. Happy for you!! I am hoping for one soon!

artic_turtle

I officially have accepted my refund is not coming anytime this year. I filed and was accepted 01/31 on 02/17 I received the 60 day do nothing review letter dated 02/12. Transcripts were blank until march, and H and R Block updated my filing date from 01/31 to 03/01. I never received any correspondence except the review letter that was triggered before my return was supposedly officially filed according to h and r blocks new date. I can’t view transcripts online and can only get them mailed. I received new ones today with no codes regarding any notices ever sent , but now have the TC 424 examination request, which is dated exactly 60 days from my review letter, again a review letter I received, before they are claiming my taxes were even “officially” filed. Im so confused….. I refuse to call, because I don’t qualify for a hardship not expect to get any real answers from anyone. I just dont understand why it takes 60 days to review for another review….. Blah!! I throw in the towel. I simply feel bad for the people, who rely on their refunds to catch up, thankfully thats not me, but still sucks!

Naomionekanobe

@samantha

Any updates??

Samantha

Someone in another group said she had the 424 then it turned to the 420 and then it dropped off a week later.

Craig
                  @frustratedinmo

I received a cp05 letter after it appeared on my transcripts. just checked and now it is a TC 420 examination of tax return. not sure what it all means. my ex wanted me to let her claim our kids even though they live with me and I provide over 90% of there needs. I think she called the IRS but who knows this year.

Samantha

@Naomionekanobe I called also. This morning my 424 changed to 420. My as of date changed from April 26 to April 30.

Naomionekanobe

I have This as of 4/12. I’m guessing it’s in response to my call after my 60 days were up and an internal notice was sent to see why it’s still not released. Did you do anything similar?

Viewing 6 reply threads
                  • The forum ‘2018 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.