Tax topic 152

Home Forums General Discussion 2022 Tax Season Tax topic 152

• This topic has 6 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 years ago by mark.
  • Topic Starter
    Diamond

Intuit website states: Tax Topic 152 simply means your return is still in the processing stage and topics and bars disappearing mean the process is moving along.
      The general timeline of e-filed returns is: Transmission > Acceptance > Processing > Approval > Refund.
      The IRS started processing returns later than in prior years and as such has a backlog to work through. They also just recently started processing returns claiming EIC and/or ACTC.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        mark

While we know

Keta

Same boat 🚤

Timothy Amende

Keta

Thanks for that! 💯

Diamond

What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 days?
                  TurboTax•6617•Updated 7 days ago

First, check the IRS Where’s My Refund? site to get the most updated status of your 2021 refund. If you paper-filed, wait at least 4 weeks before checking Where’s My Refund?.

The IRS is taking more than 21 days (and up to 90 to 120 days) to issue refunds for tax returns with the Recovery Rebate Credit, Earned Income Tax Credit and Additional Child Tax Credit.

Diamond

If they need to make any corrections, they may offset (reduce) your refund. In some cases, the correction might even increase your refund.

Once that part’s done, the government approves your refund, which means it’s ready to be deposited or sent. At that point the IRS site will update with a direct deposit date.

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • The forum ‘2022 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.