Take Action,! Topic 151

Home Forums General Discussion 2018 Tax Season Take Action,! Topic 151

• This topic has 39 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Nat.
  • Topic Starter
    Hey now

Updated to:

Take Action!

We have received your tax return and it is being reviewed. You will receive a notice from us requesting additional information within 30 calendar days. You may not receive all or part of your refund until we receive and review the information we requested. If you need more information after you receive our notice, call the number on the notice.
      Please do not contact us until you have received the notice as we are unable to take any action until then.

Please read the following information related to your tax situation:
      Tax Topic 151, Your Appeal Rights
      IRS Privacy Policy

HAS ANYONE GOTTEN THIS SAME MESSAGE?

Viewing 38 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Nat

I got the same thing. Filed Feb 14th we waited and got certified mail saying they needed ALLLL this stuff for supporting documentation required. So we went back to the lady that helped us with taxes which was VITA and we wrote up a letter and sent all the documents. Then a while later I went to wheres my refund and it said wait for a letter in the mail. We waited and finally got 2 letters saying the EXACT same thing that they received our response on March 26th and they should review our response by August 3rd!! Went back on to wheres my refund and it says TAKE ACTION! Tax topic 151 your Appeal Rights says also related to you tax situation. I click on it and it says pretty much you can take them in court. That’s all it said. It gave me a number to call 800-829-0582 ext. 362, and to mention reference number 1242. I called and a lady answered and had no idea and was transferring me over to someone else or a different department. Guess what? I got hung up on. So we were like screw it lets wait until that time August 3rd. Well Today is August 1st I called and it was a stupid machine that kept cutting me off, breaking up and also hanging up on me for 2 hours straight!!! Still haven’t been able to talk to anyone with IRS. So I called the lady that helped up file everything. She told me she has never even HEARD of that before and to call IRS at 7:00 am because that is when they are taking the least calls and if I don’t hear back from them to go in to her and we can file paperwork to get a Tax payer advocate. So we will see what happens. But it seems like to me there just keeping all of our money and don’t have the money to pay us back and making excuses up, telling people the same thing they tell EVERYONE else, buying there sweet time. It just doesn’t make sense. You never get a straight answer and it is very, VERY misleading to us tax payers. Seems like WE have to abide by the law but hmm THEY DONT. There the government they can do what they want, what they want with our money etc!!!! Its soooo frustrating!!! By Friday which will be August 3rd that they say there response date is…I will be making a lot of calls until I get MY money. WE have worked for that, they haven’t there using us all!!!! SCREW THE IRS!!! EVERYONE needs to be calling and throwing a fit!!! But be smart about it smarter than them! When they cant control you they will eventually give up. RIGHT?? Anyone else feel this way and/or gotten letters like this and “advised” to take IRS to court?? ITS NUTS!!!!

Taxvictimfriend

CONT

need to contact the Tax payer advocate hotline (google it) and get your ta’s supervisor to light a fire under them.

This is your money, you worked for it. Just don’t get frustrated and give up. That’s what they want so you’ll never see your money and only see a letter of deficiency in the mail

Taxvictimfriend

Its an audit for verifying dependents. I had the same issue and had to send in a letter from their school, attendance records, marriage license since they are my wife’s kids and I have an strenuous case so I contacted a tax payer advocate and I’m suppose to get my funds released the 22 hopefully

-faxed into to ta (6/5)
              -got response from ta (6/12)
              -estimated deposit (6/22)

Word of advice- the IRS communicates with incompetence and does NOT care about your situation.
              – the ta will most likely not care either and they just don’t communicate at all. To make them move you will more than likely

Paula

Feb requested documents.1095s March got LTR saying they received docs-
                Still in review-May my case sent to another ofc… recd ltr stating my case should be reviewed no later than Aug-
                Now 1242 and 151 Bullshit !!! Called – after holding & transferrin 25 min- We are understaffed & very behind. You just have to wait until they process & finish your review. EFFD UP GOVT

Monique

I had the same message Feb 17 got letter a week later stating I needed documents I sent over birth certificate social medical records school records utility bill as much as possible I think I sent 20 pages faxed they received the 28 I received a letter March 25 stating they have until May 13 to review my stuff and if they need more information they will contact me via mail

Monnica Taylor

Yes I recieved this exactly.

Danio Dorres ….3-22-2018….9:22pm

Why am getting my refund status results from irs,they send some of my money they still hold the rest of my refund,why is taking so long now I did what they want me to do with postal services now I haven’t received any mail from irs. I tried call back Irs customer service or the number they gave me,,,,even the extension number they gave me is not working what’s going on????so confusing me I really need my niece money this is not right.

James Light

When will you we get our refunds after sending in documents

Sam

I got the same notice. I sent my documents in stating the Earned income March 6th now I’m waiting. I was told it can take any where from 6 weeks to 6 months for them to release my refund. Not sure when I should get it!

Jamie K

Yes I got the same 151 code. I talked to the irs and they said it’s an audit for the child tax credit. I have to mail or fax documents proving I could claim the kids. I faxed them my kids school records showing our address and it states I’m the father. I also sent letters from their pediatrician with our address along with all my utility bills in my name with my address. Oh and also a copy of my drivers license to show my address. I had to fax like 32 pages of documents to them. Still no word as of today.

Vee

I also got this code no letter as of yet. Have no idea what it may be but praying it is some simple mistake that won’t have me owing irs. Ugh

WHY ME

HAS ANYONE ON HERE WITH TAKE ACTION 151 NOTE RECEIVED ANY INFO LIKE A LETTER OR REFUND YET?????? THAT FILED SELF EMPLOYMENT?

Ramah

Can anyone on here tell me if I have to send all my receipt for the whole year for self employment to IRS need to prove income? PLEASE HELP

Tammy

Got the same thing last week and still no letter in the mail. So, i have been starting to just get my documents ready…but one thing ia that i have a nephew that i claimed for this year, but he recently moved in December with his mother (my sister) about needing documentation to prove that my nephew was living with me and i was supporting him all of last year, but she refuses to give me any documentation…so, i dont know what to do…does anyone know anything i can do regarding this?? if not, i will just have to tell the IRS what happened and have them adjust my refund…not sure if thats even possible…HELP!!!

Candy Raine

My fiance had gotten that message on where’s my refund on the 17th his offset had changed it just told him what the offset was but no due date he call back yesterday and checked,it was back on there but where’s my refund still said TT 151 under review no codes we are so confused

Leslie

Chicklet45368 – i believe i will have the same letter as you. what does it say to provide? like what papers so i can have it all ready for when i receive my letter. TIA!

Kimberly Wingo

I received this same statement on wmrand I was audited last November for kast year’s return because the birth mother WHO HAS NO RIG BY S to these children claimed them! I turned in EVERYTHING, school/dr/shot records, birth certificates, custody papers, prior year income taxes, ss cards, ss award letter(for the disabled child), dfacs records from start to permanent placement with me… ALL of it, the irs has and STILL I’m under review with reference number 1242

Joe Johnson

Its not because you owe if you did they would have sent a letter in the mail before they accepted your refund ..There may be something in your tax return for which the IRS needs additional documentation or they may have a different calculation. There may be a difference in the information you provided and the forms provided directly to their agency (such as your W2). Without knowing more about your tax return, it is hard to guess what the issue may be.In the next 30 days, you need to gather all your tax documents. If you have not printed a copy of all your forms, do so, including your tax return.

Todd matthews

Had tbis happen to me 2 yrs ago, they wanted proof the kids I were claming EIC for where mines….had to send in birth certificates, school records, proof the kids stayed with me for the whole year..the whole process took about 6 weeks from the time I faxed documents until they released my refund

DEBORAH HARRIS

When u see that take action is it because i have a offset due to oweing the state

Doug

I have had this same message/status for a week now. I have a straightforward return with one W-2 and the education tax credit. Single and no dependents. No mail as of yet. Not sure what they need or why.

Jake

I got the same message when I checker this morning ugh smh

Chicklet45368
                                                      @chicklet45368

I woke up to the same message this morning. I received my letter from IRS in today’s mail.

They want verification of qualified children for EIC.

My letter said they would be holding the EIC portion of the refund until after they have reviewed my documents. So, hopefully that means they will release part of it.

J…..

Updated to:

Take Action!

We have received your tax return and it is being reviewed. You will receive a notice from us requesting additional information within 30 calendar days. You may not receive all or part of your refund until we receive and review the information we requested. If you need more information after you receive our notice, call the number on the notice.
                                                        Please do not contact us until you have received the notice as we are unable to take any action until then.

Please read the following information related to your tax situation:
                                                        Tax Topic 151, Your Appeal Rights
                                                        IRS Privacy Policy

I got this same message….I called the offset line at 1-800-30-3107 and the status reads.i currently have no federal or state offset liens for this social security number ending in such and such.i wonder what could it be.? does anyone have answers.?

gianna

I got this same topic 151 today february 17,2018 And these sites have no info. You hear so many different stories. I have no offsets and I dont owe any student loans. Not sure what it can be

Victoria

Same- no explanation.

Elba J Roark

Received the Tax Topic 151 with reference code 1242 this morning after yesterday it stated that it was received and processing. Now this morning it stated that I had the topic like stated in previous sentence, but stated nothing about receiving a letter from IRS requiring additional documentation or anything. Plus doing a general Google Search yielded very little or conflicting results on what it actually means.

Some people state that it is they want additional information regarding dependents and some people state that it was an offset due to debts needing to be paid, etc, so there is really no definitive answer to the question or topic with reference number. Kinda stumped. Does not help that the dumbasses at the IRS decided the end of last year to the beginning of this year to “Lay off” people which in turn screwed the everyday American tax payer and decided to delay a crap ton of peoples refunds. It also does not help when you click on the link for the topic 151, it does not really explain a whole lot regarding the situation

Elba J Roark

Received the Tax Topic 151 with reference code 1242 this morning after yesterday it stated that it was received and processing. Now this morning it stated that I had the topic like stated in previous sentence, but stated nothing about receiving a letter from IRS requiring additional documentation or anything. Plus doing a general Google Search yielded very little or conflicting results on what it actually means.

Some people state that it is they want additional information regarding dependents and some people state that it was an offset due to debts needing to be paid, etc, so there is really no definitive answer to the question or topic with reference number. Kinda stumped. Does not help that the dumbasses at the IRS decided the end of last year to the beginning of this year to “Lay off” people which in turn screwed the everyday American tax payer and decided to delay a crap ton of peoples refunds.

Lacy Kate

Yep same thing this AM. FIRST update since accepted 2/1/18

Vanessa

Received the same status this morning. Nothing has been deposited

Keldo

Will it update tinight ? I got the same message to

Lady K

I updated to Take Action tt 151 no additional codes. What the hell does this mean?

• #4222392
                                                                        Jazzy100

yes i got the same message ugh i cant believe this but oh well …i checked my walmart money card and there is not any deposit showing

• #4222390
                                                                          Lashay

Yes this morning…..ugh this is crazy! I read some people said they got a partial of their refund and some said they did not get any..

• #4222386
                                                                            yungin

yup

• #4222337
                                                                              Melissa

Yes today

• #4222035
                                                                                Michelle

Yes i received it this morning. I found out yesterday when only part f my refund was deposited so i called them. Its an audit for earned income. Letter should ve received by 26th. I am so mad but nothing i can do

• #4222019
                                                                                  kayla

yes this morning

• #4222004
                                                                                    beezy

yes this morning

Viewing 38 reply threads
                                                                                  • The forum ‘2018 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.