Take action amended return

Home Forums General Discussion 2021 Tax Season Take action amended return

• This topic has 55 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Belli.
  • Topic Starter
    Sw1013

Just checked where’s my amended return and it says

Your amended return was received on March 26, 2021. However, it has not been processed. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Please call 800-829-0582, extension 623, between the hours of 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., Monday through Friday. You will need a copy of your amended return.

Can someone tell me what this means? I called last week and she said my taxes were still processing

Viewing 54 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Belli

I amended my return back in July, for the unemployment money I was due back and it has been 20 weeks since doing so. I called the IRS yesterday and they told me it was assigned to someone back in August and nothing has been done with it. They told me that they did not have an expected return date for me and that I just needed to wait… At this point I will likely get my regular refund come tax season before this one.

Kelly

My amended return was accepted at the end of March and here it is November and it still hasn’t been processed yet..it’s ridiculous

Kelly

My amended return was sent at the end of March 2021 and it still hasn’t been processed…this is so ridiculous.

Dave C

Your amended return was received on July 22, 2020. However, it has not been processed. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Yes, you read that right. We’ve been waiting almost 60 weeks on our amended return. When we did our taxes we didn’t change from single to filing jointly and had to amend.We’ve called, and they said the usual reasons because of COVID. I understand this, that’s not the problem here. The problem is when we’ve called we get a different answer each time.

fda2019

I amended my rreturn march 26th and sti haven’t got it processed. I amended to apply the credits for the stimulus check anyone have any ideas why its taking so long, I am in NC.

Helpmeout

Ammended return was received may 3rd still not process how can i find out Whats happening??

FedUp

I’ve worked as a tax agent before and unless it’s mailed in, the computer does all the work. The reps just have to press a button to either send a notice or confirm data from submitted documents so I don’t understand why this is so difficult and how they haven’t been able to adjust and incorporate new strategies to get ahead. Imagine next tax season.

FedUp

I wish there was something we could do. Their website says they received mine Apr 5 and it has still not been processed and they apologize for any inconvenience, blah blah blah. I was able to speak with 3 reps and a supervisor, supervisor was really patient about the situation but I can honestly say it has done NOTHING to help move things along. I’m the type of person that will drive up there and make sure it gets done myself because this is ridiculous.

Sw1013

Update!!!! Informed delivery shows my check being delivered today!!!

Sw1013

My transcripts show 846 for 9/13. Have not received any refund, my CTC changed to eligible on 9/3 but no pending payments. I am so mad with how the irs is handling this. I worked the entire pandemic and paid taxes but now that it’s time for me to get the money they owe me Everything is at a stand still!

Kaleigh

1. Call the IRS at #1-800-829-1040 between 7:00am and 7:00pm
                              2. Choose language
                              3. Select OPTION 2 “Personal Income Tax”
                              4. Select OPTION 1 “Tax History”
                              5. Select OPTION 3 “All Other Questions”
                              6. Select OPTION 2

Kaleigh

7. The operator will now ask you for you Social Security Number, DO NOT TYPE THE SSN in… it will ask you for it twice, just stay on the line, and DO NOT put your SSN in)
                                8. Select OPTION 2 “Individual Tax Questions”
                                9. Select OPTION 4
                                —- You will at this point be routed to a live IRS employee.

Kaleigh

She gave me a case number and told me to give it 7-10 days and if I haven’t heard anything to call another 1-800 number to get updates on the status of my place in line for a tax advocate.

I hope this information helps someone, and i am pretty sure this is the process i which the IRS has to go through for anyone who’s amended has been reviewed longer than 16 weeks. So if that’s you, see the list below on how i got a live person on the phone to get this process started.

Kaleigh

who will (after 7-10 days or longer if they’re backed up) look into WHY my amended return hasn’t been processed. *** It should be noted; during this call, she asked me if my amended return taking this long to be reconciled caused any economic hardship for me….which it very much has since I’m unemployed, backed up in the unemployment system so have zero income and because of the amended not even getting the child tax credit.. so yah, hardship, for sure.

Kaleigh

they sent the 30 day referral out and naturally, no one processed the paperwork and my advanced child tax credit still says “pending, you will not receive payment at this time.”
                                      Approximately 36 days later (today) I called the IRS back. She reviewed my case (now 25 weeks deep) and said that since the employee did not respond within the allowed time frame she will now be sending my case to a “tax advocate”…

Kaleigh

At this point my amended return had been with the IRS for 22 weeks, and because it was longer than 16 weeks, she was able to look up my account and send a “message” more or less, basically it was a 30 day notice/referral to the employee of whom my case was assigned to, explaining the situation and that they had 30 days to process the paperwork and reconcile the account.

Kaleigh

when I did talk to them I was informed that my amended had not yet been processed.. that while the money end of it was all squared up, the paperwork essentially went to some random’s desk somewhere in the US and because of Covid-19, was probably buried deep in the stacks of unmanageable case loads.

Kaleigh

I am in this exact situation… amended was received by the IRS on March 27th, as of today its been about 25 weeks. A little over a month ago a friend clued me into a little loop hole on how to get a live person from the IRS on the phone (will include at the end of this post.)

………

Delanie

I am having the opposite problem. My tax return has been marked as completed as of August 20th and I still haven’t received my money as expected. I called and spoke with an actual person who said this was a glitch that has happened to many. My return is still being processed and to call again in a month if I still haven’t received my tax return.

jesse

“ Your amended return was received on March 26, 2021. However, it has not been processed. We apologize for any inconvenience.”

filed mine march 26 and it’s been 24 weeks since then. no update and now when i call i hear nothing not even ringing. :/

Sw1013

Update!! Transcripts have updated to 846 for 9/13 no change for CTC

Diego

3/25/21 – Amended received by IRS (tracking by USPS)
                                                    6/25/21 – Amended marked as received but not processed with the message
                                                    I DID NOT CALL according to all the same cases in internet its just an automatic message
                                                    8/27/21 – The system marked my amended as Adjusted
                                                    8/30/21 – check received by mail with the money that I was expected
                                                    As today 9/3/21 in the system the amended has not been market as COMPLETED, but I have my money!

Cheekykat8681

My amended return says it was processed and completed. It says I should have received the refund or a letter by Aug 5 and Ive not gotten anything. I amended because the unemployment break made eligible for the EIC. I also did not get July CTC but I did get August? This whole thing is very confusing! Any insight??

Kaity

I got the exact same message, even filed on the same date. Still waiting.

Tonicacent

I filed before the covid form was ready doh. I bet a lot of people did.

Tonicacent

Glad I’m not the only one. Thought there might be an issue. Seems they are back logged

Ccardoso54

WMR still only shows an adjustment was made, transcripts show tax adjustment $0 then refund issued but no codes linking to amended taxes, no ACTC. Checked ACTC and it now says “Pending, your eligibility has not been determined. You will not receive advance payments at this time.” Before I was eligible but not receiving payments at this time. We got somewhere with the unemployment refund, but nothing else yet.

Ccardoso54

So we received the $1386 plus $13 interest on 08/18 via direct deposit. Married filed jointly, both hubs and I got separate notices from IRS that our 2020 1040 was updated for changes in laws and refund was issued for overpay of unemployment taxes and/or other tax breaks.
                                                                Nothing about our pending amended taxes that showed a due return of $3000, have not received any ACTC payments yet either. (See next comment)

Ccardoso54

Amend file accepted 4/04, amended it to add a late received w-2, and to update a few things that changed after March as well as to get the unemployment refund. 08/18 transcripts show there was 290 tax adj. $0 8/30 and 846 refund issued $1386 8/18 and 971 notice sent 8/30. WMR shows adjustment made and notice sent but not $ refund info showing. (Read next comment)

Ourmunaco

I have the same message as well. Amended on 3/8/21 and still nothing. Called the IRS today because that’s what the take action notice says and they have too many calls currently and I have to call back at a later date.

Rachel Bolster

So I filed my return 02/19/2019 they received it it was a amended return but still nothing at all it’s crazy

Sw1013

@ Ccardoso54 was yours a regular amend or unemployment?

• #4496215
                                                                        FedUp

Your amended return was received on March 26, 2021. However, it has not been processed. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Please call 800-829-0582, extension 623, between the hours of 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., Monday through Friday. You will need a copy of your amended return.

I got the same message it’s been so long and I could use the money, we all could! If the IRS needed their money from someone they would have kicked the door in for $25

• #4496122
                                                                          Ccardoso54

Logged into my account and seen on my transcript that finally my amended return from 04/04 was processed and refund 1/2 of what I thought it was going to be, but hey anything is better than nothing, due to be deposited 08/18. No CTC pending or info, no info on unemployment refund

• #4495691
                                                                            @amy38

Take Action!
                                                                              Your amended return was received on April 17, 2021.

**I knew when I didn’t receive my advanced payment for my kids it was because of this still processing even though I received my tax refund. Until this clears up which should take another month tops, then I will get all back months and the new months of Advance Payment. SUNTIL THIS CLEARS NO ONE GETS THE ADVANCED PAYMENT FOR THEIR KIDS BUT YOU WILL RECEIVE ALL PREVIOUS MONTHS AS BACK PAY ONCE APPROVED.

• #4495516
                                                                              Sri Wagle

I also amended my return on January. Days same thing since 2 months

• #4495216
                                                                                Crys41

No amended return, no advanced CTC. Get your shit together IRS. Doesn’t take them long to take your refund or demand a payment but they can hold our funds for as long as they want. Rediculous

• #4494991
                                                                                  Diego

According to many chats across internet it’s because they are past the 16 weeks and its some automatic message. I’m in the same spot, I amended on February 22 2021.

• #4494610
                                                                                    Pittsburgh

Your amended return was received on April 06, 2021. However, it has not been processed. We apologize for any inconvenience.

• #4494290
                                                                                      Ccardoso54

Same
                                                                                        Amended accepted 04/04 and now mine have updated this week to say Your amended return was received on April 04, 2021. However, it has not been processed. We apologize for any inconvenience.
                                                                                        Please call 800-829-0582, extension 623…
                                                                                        No unemployment refund, no CTC, no update to my transcripts.

• #4494065
                                                                                        @annatheegreat

I Amended and Filed 3/26. I finally got a rep and he stated its still processing and I received the message because it had gone beyond the 16 week processing time. “I don’t want to say double the time because that will be 32 weeks, and it SHOULDN’T take that long”, but it is still processing and I don’t have additional information at the time.

• #4493971
                                                                                          Cam

I amended mine on the 3rd of April, and I got that message last week. Crossing my fingers here.

• #4493716
                                                                                            This can’t be for real

I amended my 2020 return April 9 2021 and it has been received. It still says it’s being processed. I didn’t get ctc for my kids and I’m wondering if amending return is why.

• #4493585
                                                                                              Sw1013

I was told I would have information in 30 days. And of course no CTC until my amended taxes are finished. I’m so over the irs’ BS

• #4493322
                                                                                                Stillwaiting

Amended mine on the 16th and just checked. It says it was received on the 17th and is being processed. My WMR also changed from “still being processed” to “is being processed”.

I’ve been waiting since 2/11 and just realized TT removed our daughter so I added her back and amended. Hopefully soon.

• #4493311
                                                                                                  Candy G

I got the same message, I filed my amendment March 28. This is Ridiculous

• #4493310
                                                                                                    shell

Thanks for posting! Got the same message – amended March 12, 2021

• #4493288
                                                                                                      SChero

“your amended return was received on March 26, 2021. However, it has not been processed. We apologize for any inconvenience.” same thing. told it could be longer. I called and asked how many years could it be, the agent said it wouldn’t take over a year BUT “WHO KNOWS” This is a sad system.

• #4493280
                                                                                                        813Gemini

I also amended my taxes march 9th got this message have not been able to get anyone at that extension but waiting for child tax credit, unemployment refund and amended taxes because i didn’t get all the stimulus payments

• #4493258
                                                                                                          Monique

Mines say this as well and my amended date was March 31 2020 at this point I have given up it’s always something with them

• #4493207
                                                                                                            Richelle g

I got the same message I called them they said they needed 30 more days

• #4493078
                                                                                                              Momo

I got the same thing but now it’s holding up my CTC payments

• #4493073
                                                                                                                Sw1013

So apparently it’s because they are past the 16 weeks. I’m so sick of the IRS

• #4493064
                                                                                                                  judo operations

I got this same message yesterday. I amended on March 29.

• #4493000
                                                                                                                    LadyNC
                                                                                                                      @ladync21

Same here but I am March 28th

Viewing 54 reply threads
                                                                                                                  • The forum ‘2021 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.