Refund Status Changed

Home Forums General Discussion 2019 Tax Season Refund Status Changed

• This topic has 83 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by TANIKA MURPHY.
  • Topic Starter
    Debbie T

My refund was accepted and I had the first of the 3 bars…the typical results. Today, I logged on to see the status and the results had changed to this:

Refund Status Results
      Print your Refund Results for your records. Take the survey.

We cannot provide any information about your refund.
      If you electronically filed a complete and accurate tax return you should receive your refund in about 21 days from the received date. If you mailed your return please allow 6 weeks.

Please read the following information related to your tax situation:
      Tax Topic 152, Refund Information
      If you have questions or need additional information, please have the following on hand when you call:
      A copy of this page.
      A copy of your tax return.
      The Social Security Number, Filing Status, and refund amount claimed on your return.
      The date you mailed your return.
      Please mention reference number 9001 to the IRS Customer Service Representative.
      IRS Hours of Service:
      Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
      Call:
      1-800-829-0582, when asked for an extension, enter 362.
      From outside the US call 267-941-1000.
      TTY/TDD: 1-800-829-4059

Viewing 82 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        TANIKA MURPHY

I filed 2/3 and received the message saying no information about your taxes, my amount stayed the same. i received the code 152 and 9001 as well. spoke to someone this morning and was told that i was under further review which is not the same as an audit but can lead to an official audit. she told me that i should receive a letter in 14 days with instructions and to follow the instructions on the letter. I also spoke to DC about my state income taxes they said that they were still being processed and also was received on the 3rd. So i will be patient and just allow them to do their job. i hope it works out for everyone including me!! I really could use that money. All situations are different but i hope this helped someone.

Shelea Zachery

I was accepted on February 2nd 2019 and when I just checked my WMR it gave me a topic 152 and said to give a reference number 9001? Is this a bad thing, did I do something wrong? Will I get my refund? I’m pretty certain all of my information is correct..

Susan Meade

Had the same 152 topic and 9001 filed Feb 5 and had 1 bar and then got the codes called irs and said I had to wait on a letter and had to wait 9 weeks that it got pulled for some reason:(

Rosie

I meant it changed to being processed. :)

Texaslili

Filed 2/6, accepted same day, both credits. Same “refund is being prosessed, TT 152” message since then on WMR. Never got a path msg. Still hasn’t changed.
                  Have been able to see my transcript since 2/9, said no return filed everyday until today. Now it’s completely filled with 846 and DDD 2/22!

Good luck all!

Rosie

Hi guys! I was receiving the same message about the EITC/ACTC mid Feb wait but today it changed to accepted. I filed 1/28. Hope this changes for you too! The only problem for me is I forgot to change my bank account for direct deposit so hopefully I won’t have to wait an extra 4-6 to receive a paper check.

Last year I filed on 1/28 and received them 2/22 after having the same message about the hold.

Hope this helps ease your minds.

Rika M

I have the same msg as Debbie T
                      Filed 1/30 accepted the same day checked wmr for the first time 2/6 and had the no info msg as above and checked today and still have it I believe I’m a weekly not a daily

Anyone help on the subject is greatly appreciated

Dana Schutte

@Drizzy so all these people on here have either had their identity stolen or are committing tax fraud then? Unlikely. With everyone posting updates showing their status has changed that can’t be what it means.

Mine hasn’t changed yet though I’m getting anxious

Dana Schutte

I still have that 9001 code thing on mine! Now I’m starting to get nervous!!

Opey

Filed on 1/14. Ddd for 1/28. Used tax slayer. Will I get it the same day?

Curiosity

@Annie

Pretty much everyone has that who is under the path act meaning they claimed EIC or ACTC like the message says….when you see people saying their message updates to the path message on the Facebook group or on here that’s the message they mean. Basically means you aren’t getting your refund until mid February

Wick3d

Hmm figured it out

Wick3d

Didn’t mean to ask 3 times wasn’t showing up sorry

Wick3d

What does pather mean

Wick3d

What does PATHer mean?

Monee
                                        @monee

@Debbie T I’m so glad you got your direct deposit date!!!! Congrats to everyone who updated and positive vibes to those still waiting. It’s coming!

Thou
                                          @shithead

@Annie
                                          I just got the same message this morning.

Thou
                                            @shithead

TurboTax
                                            Filed 1/20 Accepted 1/22

My WMR status just updated this morning from one bar to PATH.

Nik Nik

My status updated this morning on WMR from the 9001 Code message to two bars and a DDD of 1/30. I filed with TaxACT on 1/17 and was accepted same day. I’m not a pather and am in Virginia. Good luck to you all. Same bat place, same bat time next year ;)

Debbie T

FINALLY! My status just updated from the 9001 Code message to two bars and a DDD of 1/30. I filed with TaxACT on 1/11 and was accepted 1/14. A couple days later got the 9001.

Nick

Just got 2nd bar with DDD of 1/30. Filed 1/21 and accepted 1/22.

Annie

My refund status says

“According to the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act, the IRS cannot issue refunds before mid-February for tax returns that claim the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Additional Child Tax Credit. This applies to the entire refund, even the portion not associated with these credits.”

What the hell? I’ve not seen anyone else get this.

Alisha

I filed on TurboTax the 24, accepted the 25 but I claimed my child so I’m sure I won’t get it til mid February which is okay

Jamie

I actually saw 2 people on I got my refund Facebook page say they had a DD for the 28th, but they actually received their federal refund tonight. They were not PATHers

photodude

@Danielle I filed 1/16 got accepted 1/17 I used taxact

Debbie T

I still have the 9001 Code this morning. I filed 1/11 and accepted 1/14 using TaxACT. Very basic return…single with 2 1099Rs, same as the previous 15 years.

Nik Nik

For those leaving comments stating you’ve updated to show a DDD please provide as much detail as possible before signing off for the season (i.e. – How you filed, when you filed/were accepted, are you a PATHer, etc.) so those still waiting for their refund won’t have to ask follow up questions. Thanks.

Tim
                                                                @cprier4557

Refund approved. WMR shows deposit date of 1/28. Filed on 1/14 and accepted on 1/15. God is good.

Gradylady36

I fill on the 20th an got my first bar today i claimed both credits i should see that PATH act in a few weeks im just glad there in Happy tax season to everyone

Akt

Updated to two bars this morning with a ddd of 1/28

Zach

I no longer have the 9001 message. I now have the PATH message so at least there is progress! Wasn’t expecting anything untill mind February anyways.

Danielle

@photodude when did u file

• #4252639
                                                                        Monee

🤑🥳 Congrats!

• #4252634
                                                                          photodude

This morning WMR updated and showing 2 bars . Code 9001 is gone.Refund approved with DDD set for 1/28.

@Drizzy joint

• #4252603
                                                                            Admin
                                                                            Kimikaze
                                                                              @kimikaze

We have received confirmation of 846 popping up on some transcripts (no PATH credits). We expect WMR will update overnight tonight with a DDD for 1/28 for them and remove the 9001.

• #4252601
                                                                              Drizzy

Photodude, did you file joint or separate

• #4252598
                                                                                Drizzy

Girlcat. Lol.i do work for a tax company and I see the returns come in that are accepted and rejected. I don’t even know why I’m on here, I didn’t get rejected or reference 9001. I was just letting them know. I am not an expert, I have only been working at ***** ********* for a year. I’m just trying to make a point not hurt your feelings.

• #4252560
                                                                                  photodude

@monee I have the same; 846 on.my transcript and still have 9001 on wmr.

• #4252396
                                                                                    Gurlcat
                                                                                      • Top Contributor
                                                                                      @gurlcat

Don’t get frazzled by a single commenter making a claim that is different from what dozens of others are saying. It is very easy to type “I work for a tax company” and say something alarming without offering any remedy like a REAL tax expert would, and then just watch people panic. Monee for goodness sake, NO do not re-file; that would likely only cause you trouble.

• #4252450
                                                                                      Monee
                                                                                        @monee

People on Facebook are saying that they have an 846 on.their transcript even though they still have 9001 on wmr. I wonder If its true. I hope it is. They don’t have credits on their return.

• #4252519
                                                                                        Dandi
                                                                                          @dandi

I was able to pull up my transcript today and show a refund issue date of 1-28-19.

Filed early with TurboTax and was accepted 1/14/19 and had 1 bar 1/16/19, then went to the same no info/9001 result on where’s my refund the next day.

Glad that is just a glitch and hoping refunds will be sent per my transcript!!!

• #4252439
                                                                                          ydorval333
                                                                                            @ydorval333

Filled with Taxact on 1/09/19
                                                                                            Accepted on 1/14/19
                                                                                            Still one Bar showing under wife name.

Thanks

• #4252434
                                                                                            photodude

Wanted to add that even though wmr is showing the 9001 I was able to pull a transcript for this year _2018_online. It does not mean I am getting my refund soon but it does tell me that it is at least processing

• #4252431
                                                                                              photodude

When my wife checks with her social, she gets the Code 9001. When I check with mine, I get the normal wmr with one bar. i am not worried.

• #4252406
                                                                                                cheryl e kendrick
                                                                                                  @cherlyq63

One thing I know is when I log in even though the message says they cant tell me anything to the left all my info is right there, I do not believe it is anything that would cause your refund to be rejected at all. I filed head of household Iike I do every year, and its just me and my daughter

• #4252387
                                                                                                  Jibbbjawww

*reject

• #4252385
                                                                                                    Jibbbjawww

If your return has already been accepted, that is it. They will not reflect it after they accept it. You file, the IRS accepts it or rejects it, they do not accept it them decide to reflect it later. They will however if they find an issue, notify you about it.
                                                                                                      As far as 9001 I agree, glitch.

• #4252382
                                                                                                      Tammy

I have the same message however when I log in under my wife’s social I can see the one bar. It seems maybe it’s only visible on the main filer profile.

• #4252378
                                                                                                        Monee
                                                                                                          @monee

@Drizzy do we need to file again? We were all already accepted and already had a bar before it disappeared. What happens after its rejected? How will we know?

• #4252351
                                                                                                          Renee

Filed using h&r block on the 18th just got text that it’s been accepted went to irs webpage on one bar topic 152 the usual I won’t see anything until after Feb 15th anyway

• #4252337
                                                                                                            Danielle

Talked to IRS code 9001 is a glitch and will update when IRS opens. Every one stop. Freaking out. I was on hold 2 hrs. The lady said thousands of people are calling about it.

• #4252314
                                                                                                              Joslyn

I’ve been seeing many people on here and on Twitter etc saying they have spoke to the irs today and they say that code 9001 is nothing to worry about it will update when the official season opens

• #4252308
                                                                                                                R4ce
                                                                                                                  @r4ce

“Sorry I work for a tax company and 9001 means that the ss number has already been used”

IF that is true. Could it possibly be the system hasn’t been updated to the new tax year? So it thinks all these ssn’s are filing again from last year.

• #4252305
                                                                                                                  Dandi
                                                                                                                    @dandi

Can’t wait for the IRS to officially open tax season. This happened to me too. And usually I get in the test batch without any issues.

• #4252295
                                                                                                                    Meghan
                                                                                                                      @heyyymeghan

I filed early and my husband (filing separately) hasnt even received his w-2 yet to file a tax return. Ii’m the only one who has used my ssn to file. This is a glitch, my sister in law works for H&R block, filed early and has the same code even though she’s single with no credits and not a dependant on any return. it’s just because the IRS wont start doing anything until tax season opens.

• #4252287
                                                                                                                      Drizzy

Monee and Debbie t. I understand what you mean but, I work for a tax company and see what is accepted and what is rejected. But if you get the 9001, it will be rejected.

• #4252244
                                                                                                                        Debbie T
                                                                                                                          @debbiet

Drizzy, I’m with @monee on this, I seriously don’t think there were suddenly thousands of ssn’s that have been already used. My return was initially accepted (as were the majority of others on this forum) before suddenly getting the typical ‘one bar’ page replaced with the 9001 reference page. According to the IRS, our returns were checked for ssn/tin, filing status, address, and W2/1099(etc) info before being accepted.

• #4252242
                                                                                                                          Monee
                                                                                                                            @monee

So all of our socials were used? Why did we have a bar and then no bar? And wouldn’t the return just be rejected?

• #4252240
                                                                                                                            Drizzy

Sorry I work for a tax company and 9001 means that the ss number has already been used

• #4252214
                                                                                                                              9001 is a GLITCH

See my name.. Code 9001 is a glitch. Almost everyone has it. It will change on Jan 28th official opening day.. If you have the EIC and CTC credits you most likely will update eith the PATH ACT message and will receive your DDD after FEB 15. stop checking WMR as it may throw a flag and your chances of getting I’D Verify is greater..

• #4252207
                                                                                                                                1sttimeEarlyFiler

I got the same message and I don’t have any information that changed from last year to this year. No EICs or anything like that. I hope it is cleared soon. Does anything think that we have to do the whole ID verify that prolongs you getting your refund? I had to do it about 3 years ago and it was a pain and I think it was this same message.

• #4252192
                                                                                                                                  punisher121759
                                                                                                                                    @punisher121759

i also had the same message today after acceptaance 4 days ago with (1) bar. whats going on???

• #4252174
                                                                                                                                    Debbie T
                                                                                                                                      @debbiet

Justwaiting, you talk about Chief Weasel’s ‘hate and rudeness’ and ‘idiotic hateful ways’ while you say:

“I know TT 152 means DD. I also know that’s all anyone under PATH saw until they started processing refunds the middle of February. (how do you know?)

Obviously there are a lot of new filers here and quite a few repeat filers with no common sense. *Also a lot of people who don’t pay in nearly as much as they’re getting back. You all shouldn’t be getting so worked up over free money that you didn’t earn to begin with*.”

Sounds like pot calling the kettle black here. Who are you to tell everyone to ‘relax’ or to tell ‘some repeat filers’ they have no common sense while you’re putting false information in your posts about PATHers, Tax Topic 152, and talking about ‘a lot of people who don’t pay in nearly as much as they’re getting back. You all shouldn’t be getting so worked up over free money that you didn’t earn to begin with.’ A LITTLE JUDGMENTAL, AREN’T YOU? You even chided me about my own post: “Debbie T, I’m referring to the Tax Topic 152 message that the OP posted. That’s tye (sic) typical message that Path Act filers receive until the hold is lifted.” even after I pointed out that I am NOT a PATHer.

Why don’t you stop pontificating and stop telling people to ‘relax’ when they are being faced with an unprecedented situation but no help to turn to? They come here to post their situation and try to get real answers, not your version of what they should or should not be feeling about it.

• #4252157
                                                                                                                                      Justwaiting

Chief Weasel

I see you’re back for a other season of hate and rudeness. You can change your name but your idiotic hateful ways give you up. You should probably take a grammar course with your refund so you will know the proper use of the terms your and you’re.

Also, I’m a male, but if you want to think I’m pretty, I’m flattered but I don’t swing that way.

I know TT 152 means DD. I also know that’s all anyone under PATH saw until they started processing refunds the middle of February.

Obviously there are a lot of new filers here and quite a few repeat filers with no common sense. Also a lot of people who don’t pay in nearly as much as they’re getting back. You all shouldn’t be getting so worked up over free money that you didn’t earn to begin with.

• #4252148
                                                                                                                                        Ryan

Yeah I had this message when I popped it open this morning. I’m not a PATHER or anything like that, but when I logged in, I got the message below. Never seen this before:

We cannot provide any information about your refund.
                                                                                                                                          If you electronically filed a complete and accurate tax return you should receive your refund in about 21 days from the received date. If you mailed your return please allow 6 weeks.

Please read the following information related to your tax situation:
                                                                                                                                          Tax Topic 152, Refund Information
                                                                                                                                          If you have questions or need additional information, please have the following on hand when you call:
                                                                                                                                          A copy of this page.
                                                                                                                                          A copy of your tax return.
                                                                                                                                          The Social Security Number, Filing Status, and refund amount claimed on your return.
                                                                                                                                          The date you mailed your return.
                                                                                                                                          Please mention reference number 9001 to the IRS Customer Service Representative.
                                                                                                                                          IRS Hours of Service:
                                                                                                                                          Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
                                                                                                                                          Call:
                                                                                                                                          1-800-829-0582, when asked for an extension, enter 362.
                                                                                                                                          From outside the US call 267-941-1000.
                                                                                                                                          TTY/TDD: 1-800-829-4059

• #4252141
                                                                                                                                          Chief Weasel

152 has nothing to do with the path act, FACT. Seeing as you already know it does with you’re inaccurate dribble spewing from your mouth to others I won’t tell you either. You should just sit there and look pretty, maybe try to relax…

• #4252131
                                                                                                                                            Paige

Tax topic 152 means direct deposit. I get that message every year, too, and I never have any credits.

• #4252107
                                                                                                                                              Justwaiting

Also, I’m seeing the same people posting in multiple groups. A very small percentage of the US has even filed their taxes so it may be a few thousand but when you take into account that most everyone on these pages are in several groups, it’s not really a lot compared to the overall amount of filers.

• #4252105
                                                                                                                                                Justwaiting

Debbie T, I’m referring to the Tax Topic 152 message that the OP posted. That’s tye typical message that Path Act filers receive until the hold is lifted.

9001 seems to be popping up more this year but it’s nothing to worry about.

https://www.optimataxrelief.com/irs-code-9001/

• #4252093
                                                                                                                                                  Debbie T

A couple of things: The PATH Act doesn’t apply to me in any way so that would not be the reason I see the new 9001 refund status message, as justwaiting mentioned. AND mine is the only SSN on my return and I have have the simplest 1040A return possible outside of a 1040EZ (same 1099Rs from state pension and SS, and same exact everything else but just a very tiny bit more income) so I highly doubt it’s because of an error. It was accepted originally and then it, and thousands, if not millions, got the new 9001 status. Also, in the past, I have many times gotten my direct deposit on or before the official opening day after filing early (usually around the 12th). IRS has had some hiccups in the past when they’ve had to rewrite tax code for new tax laws but this might be the first time there’s new tax laws AND furloughed workers. I believe this is a new situation with a wait-and-see outcome.

• #4252083
                                                                                                                                                    MizuSeirei
                                                                                                                                                      @mizuseirei

From what I’ve been reading, and according to what some have said (and please do your own research…. don’t take my word for it.), the reference code 9001 comes from something that has to do with either your TIN (Taxpayer Identification Number) or one or more SSN(‘s) on your tax return having some sort of error. I will post a link below. Anyway, it mentioned that it’s not an audit flag, so things should be a quick fix either by you or by the IRS when the season opens a week from Monday.

https://www.optimataxrelief.com/irs-code-9001/

• #4252068
                                                                                                                                                      Brittany

Mine did the same thing. Hopefully it’s normal since it’s occurring to so many.

• #4252061
                                                                                                                                                        Justwaiting

That’s the “holding message” since the Path Act was instated. Most people who get this have the credits that are affected by Path. You probably won’t see a change until the second week of February when they start liftng the hold and issuing refunds.

• #4252052
                                                                                                                                                          Cam

I filed on Sunday 1/13 around noon. Was accepted monday 1/15 and had 1 of 3 bars. By Wednesday I got the same message. I heard it is normal and not to put too much thought into it. I’ve never had this happen to me before, but at the same time it’s also the first year ever where I got my W2 and filed weeks before the official tax season began.

• #4252050
                                                                                                                                                            Andrew

And last year a lot of people’s WMR status disappeared but they still got their refunds at the same time as everyone else.

• #4252049
                                                                                                                                                              Andrew

It’s just a glitch, the whole system is down now. It says the WMR is unavailable and to try again later.

• #4252041
                                                                                                                                                                Debbie T

brandon g, don’t ever tell a woman to relax. Especially if it concerns money!

• #4252034
                                                                                                                                                                  brandon g

just relax. there’s nothing we can do. plus if your a child credit claimer we have over a month of waiting, there is plenty of time. there likely will only be correspondence audits anyway as they aren’t Manning that particular area with the shutdown. they will bring in the troops soon and everything will get worked out. I hope they just send our refunds without much hassle since they are working for free ATM with this crazy shutdown

• #4251983
                                                                                                                                                                    angie snyder

Same here, for about 2 days as of this morning. I think it is just a glitch, because so many people are receiving it at the same time. Also when I checked what code 9001 means and from my source it says it’s a glitch on the wheres my refund page. IMO they are just working out all problems before official opening day ~~hence Test Batch.

• #4251982
                                                                                                                                                                      NCMom

Same with me! Waiting to see what happens…

• #4251981
                                                                                                                                                                        Dana Schutte

Mine did the same as well. Hopefully just a glitch and all is well and things are being processed accordingly

• #4251961
                                                                                                                                                                          Jeremy

Mine did the same thing! I suspect it probably happened for all of us that have been accepted previously. Hope it’s just a glitch and will be corrected tomorrow.

• #4251955
                                                                                                                                                                            Kathrin

same here and from i hear for a lot of others

Viewing 82 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                          • The forum ‘2019 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.