Refund advances

Home Forums General Discussion 2022 Tax Season Refund advances

• This topic has 4 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 years ago by Belli.
  • Topic Starter
    Jenifer Casto

Hello! So I know TurboTax makes you go through the whole process of filing your return before they’ll tell you if you’re approved for a refund advance or not. The problem with that is that if you’re not then you’re stuck with them, and their card, for your return. Do any companies tell you if you qualify for a refund advance before submitting the return? Thank you.

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Belli

I do not know if everyone gets the option for the tax advance and its random what they offer you. My refund is way higher this year and they offered me a lower advance this year then they did last year. I personally did not take it as it was not worth me not getting the money in my regular bank account.

Deb

Do You know if everyone gets the option for tax advance?

Belli

Also, I did the advance with H&R Block once and they will not tell you what the advance is and they charge like 350.00 to file your taxes.

Belli

Turbo tax does make you do the entire thing. However, you can select method of payment for the refund and when you click the refund advance one it tells you what they will offer. You do not have to take it, you can go back and add your regulars bank information. This year they are partnered with Credit Karma so the debit card for the advance will be through them.

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • The forum ‘2022 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.