Refund accepted no ddd topic 152

Home Forums General Discussion 2020 Tax Season Refund accepted no ddd topic 152

• This topic has 49 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Jeff G.
  • Topic Starter
    Big wop

My refund was excepted on the 21st no ddd just says topic 152 ??? Anybody

Viewing 48 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Jeff G

Where’smyrefund?

Amelia

I just got bars back with a date if 5/28/2020 for my deposit…so I took a snap shot and rechecked today to make sure I didn’t dream it up

Stephanie Vermette

When should I receive my tax return and my stimulus

Rena c

I filed in Feb IRS accepted on Feb 7 State taxes went through its now May16 and still prosessing??!! Tax topic 152 (BS) i dont understand no letter no communication nothing from anyone Dont know what to do and on top of it all sent stimulus check to some UNKNOWN BANK ACCOUNT

Lil cocoa

I know how stressful it is to be waiting on money you earn. My taxes was did 2/20/2020.my taxes was accepted already received my state taxes. My federal taxes is still processing topic 152.its been 60 days haven’t received a letter from the irs no phone call.cant talk to anyone. I just want my money. Really need it at a time like this.its crazy because everyday I check the irs website it says still processing a date will be available soon…

Chelle

Accepted March 3rd, as of today, April 15 still no refund and says still processing. No letters in the mail from the IRS stating they’re holding my refund or that I need to file an amended return. Of course, no one to speak with to give me information on what the problem is.

TDFerguson

Mine was accepted on March 5th. I had the additional child tax credit. My refund just hit my bank. Where’s my refund still only shows one bar. I guess I got lucky.

Shunda
                        @deonadeniseharper35

This tax forum so out of order the one from last year you can keep up with but I can never find my comments and the dates be all over the place like I can’t respond to no one to compare the same situation I went through last year I know a lot about this 60 review crap it’s all a mess

ChucksEMF

My refund was approved on 03/07/20 n it gave me a ddd for 03/11/20 and i check it this morning and now its at the first bar once again processing??? And topic 152 can any one tell me why??? Has me stressing “i want my money now!!!”

Kelly robbins

Kmr1988

Karri

Can anyone please explain to me what the difference between the CTC (child tax credit) and the ACTC (Additional child tax credit) means? I didn’t know there was a difference. Not that I know which I claimed either, but, maybe I can find out if I have this info?

Tyler

Hey I usually have to pay. I have all my teeth and thus cant be from Indiana 😬

Redacted
                                  @removed

Tyler, we could all be like you, not know how to follow simple instructions and directions and post the exact SAME post on every forum here 7 times a day just begging for attention like you did so you could get your $12.00 Indiana refund check!

Tyler

You guys probably made errors on your tax returns since it seems like half of the people do not know the difference between “accepted” and “excepted”. Jeezus….no wonder we are the laughing stock of the world.

Maryyy

TT 152 is a generic message that does not ONLY apply to anyone who qualified for either PATH credit (EITC/ACTC) and no, ACTC is NOT the same as CTC! TT 152 also applies if you’ve filed an injured spouse form, for example. If you do some research, you’ll see that TT 152 is not only meant for PATH credits, please don’t spread false information. Reading is fundamental. And maybe you shouldn’t file your own taxes if you don’t understand why you can qualify for EITC one year after not qualifying before. The PATH credits are INCOME BASED CREDITS. And NO, having TT 152 does not always mean you’ll have to ID verify. People sign a one year lease that expires and move the next filing season – The IRS understands that. If you do have to ID verify I can assure you that it is NOT just because your address is different than in prior years. I can also assure you, that an IRS agent is not allowed to spread false information by any means. If someone is claiming to be an agent, ask for their badge number and their location. If they’re spreading false information, report them to TIGTA immediately. One more piece of information – Do not get your hopes up about seeing any significant updates tonight. Tomorrow is a FEDERAL holiday. This means that the IRS will NOT BE OPEN TOMORROW, 2/17/2020.

Tara

@Tiff it DOES NOT mean you have to verify identity or income…i get it all the time and have never had to verify those things

misses31

I filed and was accepted on 2/2.. WMR still being processing at 1 bar..tax topic 152..I got eic and actc..never got Path act message..was suppose to but didn’t…have this happened with anyone else before? I’m waiting to get registration code in mail to get transcripts online…

James

I have always had tax topic 152 every year i have filed when something is offset i have still recieved tt152 along with other tt numbers!! Inly once did i have to verify my identity but i had another code as well as tt153.never had an issue with generic tt152 which 99% of people will show. Its just explains timing of taxes

Christina

Finally got the path message this morning. My transcript was also updated. My cycle date is 20200705.

Shelly

I filed my taxes on the 21st and it was excepted. I received my state but not my fed there has been no movement since then and i got the topic 152

Russ

I got this as well, but I filed on 1/29/2020 and it’s been two weeks exactly and no movement on my federal for whatever reason.

I have a simple W2 and nothing else to claim. Make too much for EIC, etc etc.

Usually get my refund within 10 days, and people I know who filed after me have gotten theirs already. Not sure if that’s cause for concern, or if their just taking their sweet time approving me.

Brett

@kmoney

Everyone gets the tt152 it’s a complete generic one nothing to worry about with that

Kmony

My husband does not have the EITC or Ctc or any of those. He filed 2/7. Accepted 2/9. I just checked WMR and it shows 1 bar and Tax Topic 152. Should he worry? I’m seeing mixed answers about the 152.

Opencountry
                                                        @scott

@Sandra k sheehan

I am assuming you are new to this tax filing thing lol. You have nothing to worry about with tax topic 152. That is the standard tax topic they give you. It basically means that they recieved your efile and are working on it. No worries. Topic 152 is what you want to see. If you get a diiferent topic number other than 152 yoy can start to worry that you wont be getting your refund in 21 days or less.

Check this forum next time you get the urge to call the irs. Some people make prob ‘ll e m s by calling like id verify to confirm they are giving info to you and not an id thief. There are no stupid questions here as long as they are tax related.

Cheers😁

sandra k sheehan

Accepted Jan 23rd. IRS started processing January 27th. About a week ago WMR turned to Tax Topic 152. Called IRS yesterday. They stated nothing wrong with taxes still in process. No EIC, Tax Credits, education payments, no back taxes. IRS told me if not received by 3 weeks from Jan 27th, 2020 to call them back. Have a feeling IRS currently not expanding on Topic 152 for me until after 21 days. Then will probably get something horrible information about taxes. Tired of checking. Not checking again when it gets here it gets here.

Lu

Please, everyone read tax topic 152. It is a generic return processing message. Unless it changes to something else, you likely have nothing to worry about. I’ve had it every year, no PATH, no education credits, no ID verify, etc. but always 152.

https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc152

LP

I don’t have any children and I make too much to qualify for Earned Income Tax Credit. I did however select direct deposit and did move From the address that I had last year/posted on my W2, I’m in Grad School (just acknowledging some of the situations that I’ve seen listed, that apply to me).

I’m not sure if I should be worried and the tax topic 152 explanation on the IRS website is detailed yet still vague.

Should I be worried? Will my return be severely delayed?

Meme

TT152, does just apply to EITC, I have that 152 message, my bars disappeared after being accepted too. I don’t have any eitc on my return, I do however, have education credits, as I’m in grad school.

Ebony
                                                                  @ebmurray

[quote quote=4345606]I don’t know about anyone else but I get tax topic 152 every year and I have to verify my identity because I moved to different address and have every year for the past 3 this is the <span id=”IL_AD4″ class=”IL_AD”>fourth</span> tt152 just popped up yesterday so great i have to verify my identity again nobody else has ever had.tt152 besides me in my family they all are Pathers as I am. So scroll down and read tt152 and it talks about multiple reasons your refund could be delayed and this is just my situation and if anyone else has gotten there’s with tt152 please let me know thx good luck to all on the wait ✌[/quote]

I get tax topic 152 every year but i have never had to identify my identity i think thats because when i file with my tax officer he has me to provide him with my ssn and my dtr ssn my drivers license my dtr birth certificate every year…. but i always get my refund on time… I dont think having tax topic 152 will stop you from getting your refund

Target
                                                                    Target

It’s tax topic “151” that signals an issue. No guessing about it.

Tiff

I too get topic 152 every year and have EIC. The topic 152 DOES mean you need to verify either identity or income , especially of you moved or have more than one w2 , which I have both

• #4345606
                                                                        Emmy86

I don’t know about anyone else but I get tax topic 152 every year and I have to verify my identity because I moved to different address and have every year for the past 3 this is the fourth tt152 just popped up yesterday so great i have to verify my identity again nobody else has ever had.tt152 besides me in my family they all are Pathers as I am. So scroll down and read tt152 and it talks about multiple reasons your refund could be delayed and this is just my situation and if anyone else has gotten there’s with tt152 please let me know thx good luck to all on the wait ✌

• #4345440
                                                                          MizuSeirei
                                                                            @mizuseirei

The PATH Act applies to all who has claimed one OR both of the following credits only….:

ACTC = Additional Child Tax Credit

EITC = Earned Income Tax Credit.

The PATH Act does NOT apply to the Child Tax Credit or CTC. People often get the CTC confused with the ACTC, and they are not the same.

If you have the CTC, you won’t have to wait for the mandatory February 15th deadline like those of us that have claimed one or both (EITC / ACTC). If you have not claimed children or other dependents on your tax return and you are still seeing the PATH Act message, then odds are you have claimed the Earned Income Tax Credit or qualified for it. Check your tax transcripts. It should tell you why you are seeing that message, by showing you if you have one or both credits on there.
                                                                            I hope that this clears up a bit of confusion that some of you may have.

• #4345428
                                                                            Heather

I filled mine on January 15th 2020 and this is all I have still is there something wrong????

According to the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act, the IRS cannot issue refunds before mid-February for tax returns that claim the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Additional Child Tax Credit. This applies to the entire refund, even the portion not associated with these credits.
                                                                              Check Where’s My Refund in mid- to late February for your personalized refund status. It’s updated once a day and remains the best way to check the status of your refund.

Please read the following information related to your tax situation:
                                                                              Tax Topic 152, Refund Information
                                                                              Please Note:
                                                                              For refund information, please continue to check here, or use our free mobile app, IRS2Go. Updates to refund status are made no more than once a day.

• #4344352
                                                                              Target

Not everyone will get 152 topic. If you click on link (IRS2GO/WMR), It directs you to show all special “considerations”. So, it may not be the child credits, but something else! Otherwise, you will not receive that code!

• #4344179
                                                                                Lu

Well gosh, 20-ish years and I’ve always had it. Sorry that I am special, I guess. I make too much for EIC and ACTC so I have none of those credits. Still have the absolutely generic topic 152.

• #4344175
                                                                                  Here we are again

Like I said it doesn’t apply to everyone😒

• #4344170
                                                                                    Lu
                                                                                    • #4344169
                                                                                      Here we are again

@Lu

EVERYONE DOES NOT GET THAT MESSAGE!!!!!!👿

• #4344167
                                                                                        Lu

Topic 152, once again, has nothing to do with anything. It is the generic topic that EVERYONE gets when they check their WMR. Stop spreading false info.

• #4344160
                                                                                          Here we are again

You obviously have one of those credits if you have topic 152😣😣😣

• #4344126
                                                                                            Shawntel

It’s not false information. I have the tax topic 152 and my bars are gone now. I do not have the EIC or the child tax credit. Explain that??

• #4340522
                                                                                              Jackie6

I got accepted on 1/21 and still being processed with Topic 152. Transcripts aren’t updated but have a date of 2/17/20 not sure if that means anything

• #4340370
                                                                                                Jazzywazzy

I just got this text msg from h&r blocked it saying feb 17th for estimated ddd
                                                                                                  Federal refund pending
                                                                                                  Federal refund of $######### anticipated Monday, Feb 17.
                                                                                                  Hide Details
                                                                                                  The IRS typically issues most refunds within 21 days of your return being e-file accepted. These are approximate timeframes as the IRS does not guarantee a specific date that your return will be processed. Many factors can impact the timing of your refund and the processing of your return may take longer. The IRS will have the most up-to-date information on your refund. For details, you may contact the IRS by clicking here to visit their website.

• #4340322
                                                                                                  TaxCane10

I wish people would not give out false information. It does not mean you selected direct deposit.

It means you have the EIC, which is Earned Income Credit which falls under the PATH ACT. I did not claim my kids this year and I still I have the PATH message because I have EIC.

• #4339983
                                                                                                    edro

The status bar on WMR is no longer there. Just a PATH message. Didnt claim any kids. What does this mean???

• #4339961
                                                                                                      Big wop

Regi
                                                                                                        So why don’t I have a ddd or a bar

• #4339931
                                                                                                        Regi

That’s just means you selected direct deposit

Viewing 48 reply threads
                                                                                                      • The forum ‘2020 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.