Please help Refund adjusted?

Home Forums General Discussion 2020 Tax Season Please help Refund adjusted?

• Topic Starter
    mike adku
      @mikester259

Hello long story short been waiting on my taxes since mid feb. Well I checked wmr again today and it finally updated with a DDD of 7/14 well the new problem is that there is an adjusted refund amount FOR ALOT MORE than I was supposed to get like a substantial amount more than my original expected refund amount. Could someone please tell me what I should do sure money is tough in my general situation but I do not want to do the wrong thing here it also says I will recieve a letter regarding why my refund went up so much/ changed. Should I call them monday? Should I just wait for the DDD and go about living my life. What should I do and also is this something that happens to alot of people is this normal? I dont think I would be owed any back taxes as I file every year and always get a decent amount back like 3-5k.

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Mandy
          @mandy11

Have you received your stimulus? Because it could be that also added and interest I’d call them to be sure or look at your transcripts.

mike adku
            @mikester259

you really think its interest owed could you explain what this means? I literally got over 5000 more dollers than my original tax refund amount from 5k to 10.1k makes no sense to me.

Merc

It’s interest owed.

mike adku
                @mikester259

Do you think its actually legitimate for someone with 1 child dependent and buisness credit that makes 12,000 in this year to get almost 10k back in tax refund? ive never gotten above 6 grand. @Professor Klump

Professor Klump

Wait for the letter explaining the increase.

Viewing 4 reply threads
              • The forum ‘2020 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.