People with EIC and CTC, when was the earliest refund last year?

Home Forums General Discussion 2020 Tax Season People with EIC and CTC, when was the earliest refund last year?

• This topic has 51 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Fawn.
  • Topic Starter
    Trisha Latham

Anyone here with EIC and CTC get their refund in February? If so when did you file?

Viewing 50 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Fawn

I filed late January and had my deposit on 2/22.

Spookyrides
            @spookyrides

[quote quote=4334986] @Rebecca, that’s my best advice to anyone is just be patient and wait. It’s better to wait 2 weeks or so and file then filing early and getting flagged and waiting 6 months or longer! Granted everyone situation is different, but I’ve been burned twice now, not going for a 3rd time! Lol[/quote] I too know the pain of the dreaded audits! Much better to wait and let others be the newest “ insanity models” of the IRS in the early audits, trips to the local office, mailings of documents, not qualifying for an advocate, only to qualify months later, the fraud dept., it goes on and on. Worst life experience ever! And no one to help. Be smart, wait the extra few weeks.

redacted B.

@Rebecca, that’s my best advice to anyone is just be patient and wait. It’s better to wait 2 weeks or so and file then filing early and getting flagged and waiting 6 months or longer! Granted everyone situation is different, but I’ve been burned twice now, not going for a 3rd time! Lol

Christina

Yes I got my refund Feb 13th last year. Filed and accepted January 31st. EIC with fees taken out and Regions Bank

Haleylynn

This is what happened to me last year. I’m thinking it will be about the same this year as well.

2019 taxes deposited

FILED- JANUARY 24TH
                  ACCEPTED- JANUARY 25TH
                  FEDERAL- FEBRUARY 27TH
                  STATE- MARCH 7TH

2020 taxes deposited

FILED- JANUARY 27TH
                  ACCEPTED- JANUARY 28TH
                  FEDERAL-
                  STATE-

Haleylynn

Since you’re claiming the Earned Income Credit (EIC) and/or Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC), the IRS is required to hold all refunds for taxpayers with these credits until mid-February. Your refund should appear in your bank account between Feb. 27 and Mar. 3 (as long as there aren’t any processing delays). Why is the IRS holding refunds?about Why is the IRS holding refunds? – opens a simulated dialog- opens a simulated dialog
                    Amending your return to remove these credits won’t increase the speed of your refund and could cause further delay.
                    You can check your federal refund status at http://www.irs.govwww.irs.gov- Opens a new window beginning February 23.

MizuSeirei
                      @mizuseirei

I think the earliest refund dates were either 2/21 or 2/22 for PATHers. Same for the prior year.

MonicaT
                        @mdterry

I filed 2/6 last year and didn’t get my refund until the end of April 🤦🏼‍♀️ I really hope I don’t have that issue this year. Hoping I’ll get it by the end of February.

RayC
                          @rayman70

approved refund 18th feb, DD was around feb 21st. Filed 1/24

Jennifer Starr
                            @jstarr

Last year I filed 1/22, accepted 1/28 received DD on 2/27 in my bank account.

Tiffany W

@daveyhouse

Yes, I did file ACTC.

daveyhouse
                                @daveyhouse

[quote quote=4333115]Hi

Filed 1/21
                                Accepted 1/22

I only have child tax credit, no earned income credit. Had one bar on this past Friday, updated this Sunday morning to Path Act message on Where’s My Refund.

Last year, I filed 1/20, accepted by IRS on 1/22.
                                Got fed refund on 2/21 @ 5:50pm on Chime card.

So I’g guessing the same this year. Late February. Sucks :-([/quote]

@tiffany
                                you state no EIC, but did you file with ACTC?

Christy0111
                                  @christy0111

Last year I filed with TT on 1/24, got accepted same day and once approved had DDD of 2/22. This year I filed with TT on 1/22 and got accepted on 1/23. WMR is showing one bar

Mrsschmitty722
                                    @mrsschmitty722

My DDD last year was for 2/22, but it posted to my bank account on 2/21. I was finally accepted today, so going for a 2/21 DDD this year

Shelli

Last year got my DD 2/22. I filed on early, got accepted on first day officially open to filing (same this year), so hoping to get a DD 2/21, but by 2/28 at the latest. Have EITC & CTC

Rebecca
                                        @fitmommy83

Thanks redacted! Woah that is messed up with how your refund came in. I might wait a little bit, it seems TurboTax (I normally use them) is not pushing out taxes until the 3rd of Feb? So yeah, I might lay low for a bit.

Tiffany W

Hi

Filed 1/21
                                          Accepted 1/22

I only have child tax credit, no earned income credit. Had one bar on this past Friday, updated this Sunday morning to Path Act message on Where’s My Refund.

Last year, I filed 1/20, accepted by IRS on 1/22.
                                          Got fed refund on 2/21 @ 5:50pm on Chime card.

So I’g guessing the same this year. Late February. Sucks :-(

redacted B.

@Rebecca, no hon, 2 years in a row mine came in way late! I won’t file early anymore, there’s no way! I got it in August last year and in October the year before that!

The only thing that I can possibly even guess why is Bc I filed early each year and they were flagged for that reason.

Rebecca
                                              @fitmommy83

redacted B-did you get your refund in late February even though you filed on the 10th last year? I’m a Pather so I know I won’t get it any sooner, but I was hoping to get in Feb. rather than wait until March.

redacted B.

@Spooky, I sure will. I’ll let ya all know when I file and give play by play update as I always have. Like I said, I hope this year is smooth for us all!!

I was asked not to use the “L” word , but I have plenty in stock and coffee also, should it be needed later lol

Spookyrides
                                                  @spookyrides

[quote quote=4332976]I’m waiting to file on 2/10/20 I’d suggest everyone else do the same. Let all the glitches get worked out. 2 years in a row and I been screwed over. I’m sincerely hoping this one is better for us all!

Stay safe everyone!![/quote] We’re doing the same thing redacted. Last year we waited until a few days before they released Path refunds, all was smooth. The prior two years? You know our story, horrible! Let them go after enough others to fill their “Audit Quotas” . I don’t believe for one minute that their new software will not create the insanity of prior years. Lmk how you make out my friend, and I’ll post the same! Thx

Danielle

I filed mine Jan 30th last year and I got my direct deposit on Feb 22nd

Trout

@Rachel

Oh, I’m an idiot.

redacted B.

I’m waiting to file on 2/10/20 I’d suggest everyone else do the same. Let all the glitches get worked out. 2 years in a row and I been screwed over. I’m sincerely hoping this one is better for us all!

Stay safe everyone!!

Texaslili

Filed 2/6, accepted same day, DDD 2/22, used TT

Lilbadass

Accepted 1/22 DDD2/24

kyo
                                                              @kyo

I filed in January and got my refund in July :|

Derrick

PATH only applies to EITC and ACTC. Not the standard CTC.

Rachel

@Trout

But President’s Day is a national holiday…February 17th.

Gene taxpayer

How many you sons a b/the s were dumb enough to get a refund advance this year? I didn’t so I’m getting my full refund of 17k which I’ll spend in Vegas on the finest hookers and blow money can buy.

Gene taxpayer

You ain’t getting your refund on the 15th . Your dope will have to wait good sirs.

Drew L

Filed 1/24 last year, had refund in credit union account on 2/26 if I remember correctly. Honestly I wouldn’t even bother thinking about or looking into WMR, transcript codes, and all that yearly crap us impatient people do until the third week of February. 2/15 is the dead-earliest us PATH folks will even start moving.

• #4332715
                                                                        Trout

@Taxes
                                                                          Banks and IRS work on Saturdays and Valentines Day is not a federal holiday.

• #4332388
                                                                          Bri from GA

Filed 1/24 & received 2/26 last year

• #4332341
                                                                            Alverse

I got mine on February 27th.

• #4332277
                                                                              Taxes

This year it will probably be later the 15th is a Saturday then Monday holiday so pathers have even more of a delay

• #4332260
                                                                                Alx D.

@Jessnicci and as usual every year, the misinformation trolls have appeared. If you have those credits, no one gets it before 02/15. That’s for the new folks around here. The rest of us know trolls like Jessnicci getting hopes up.

• #4332259
                                                                                  Regular guy

Jessnicci that’s a lie. Every year people say that bs, and nobody ever has a SS

• #4332258
                                                                                    Rebecca
                                                                                      @fitmommy83

Yeah, I got mine on 2/27 last year. If you use a third party system like Turbo Tax (such as I did), you might be able to shave time off by paying fees upfront and not having fees taken out of your refund. I filed on 2/1, but I also had the EIC, so Path wouldn’t do anything until the 16th,

I’m still waiting to file. Waiting on a W2, 1099s, and a 1098T, along with a form for selling stock. Everything seems to move so slowly so far.

• #4332256
                                                                                      Woods

I love how every year we put ourselves through this. Best communication, the worst bullying and just good laughs all aimed at one goal. Waiting for our money 🤣. This may as well be an event because ppl get together like it’s a family reunion and I wouldn’t have it any other way. Happy get money season and have a great year guys and gals

• #4332252
                                                                                        Jessnicci

I filed last year w/ TT on 1/9, was approved on 1/14 and received my refund on 2/5. That was with EIC and CTC so you never know.

• #4332250
                                                                                          Marion

Last year Filed on: 1/11/19 Deposit on: 2/26/19

• #4332233
                                                                                            Mrsschmitty722
                                                                                              @mrsschmitty722

Filed mid January last year. My DDD was 2/22, but it hit my account on 2/21. I’m expecting 2/21 this year. We shall see tho.

• #4332195
                                                                                              momjess
                                                                                                @momjess

Got mine 2/22 last year. I expect it’ll be 2/21 this year.

• #4332149
                                                                                                Lauren
                                                                                                  @lauallen

got mine sunday 02/24 last year netspend ,i pay my fee’s in advance

• #4332125
                                                                                                  Jessica

I received mine February 27. I filed January 26 and it was accepted January 28

• #4332122
                                                                                                    DB

I filed January 15th last year. Received refund on feb 27th

• #4332120
                                                                                                      Manda

File February 4th and got mine on the 22nd.

• #4332112
                                                                                                        ChiGuyRay

Filed mid January. Refund on 2/27

• #4332104
                                                                                                          Bloodhound

Filed early last year, like 01/17 or so, and got my DD on 02/26.

• #4332097
                                                                                                            Nathan
                                                                                                              @thesensibleguy

Filed early last year and I believe I got my refund on the 27th of February. Anybody who tells you that they got it before the middle of February is either lying or didn’t actually claim the credits and doesn’t know what they are talking about.

Viewing 50 reply threads
                                                                                                          • The forum ‘2020 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.