Nys Refund?

Home Forums General Discussion 2015 Tax Season Nys Refund?

• This topic has 89 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Mik Moy.
  • Topic Starter
    AmiraP

Has anyone received a DDD from NYS yet?

Viewing 88 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Mik Moy

Filed in early March – seeing the same 90 BS over a month later!!!

Anonymous

Original Post
            I e-filed on March 10th, I received my IRS refund within 2 weeks. NYS was accepted on March 13th, but on March 16th, I got the 90 day review. Today is April 7th and it’s still on a 90 day review. I did not receive any letters and I started an online account with NYS to see if they were going to email me with anything. To this date i’ve received nothing. This board is loaded with folks that seem to have the same problems but mostly in January and February, I am not seeing too many complaints for March. I hope that everyone gets their refunds quickly but misery loves company.

Updated Post
            Today is April 27th and I am still on a 90 day review. I still have not received any letters in the mail and the online account that I created through NYS does not have any additional information and no new emails requesting more paperwork.

Robb

I Filed my state on January 20th. Ive been waiting months now to get my state Refund back. So today I log into my bank account to find that wow my state finally came in… after looking closer at it I found that for some reason instead of it being Deposited into my account they are TAKING it from my account putting my into the negative. I used TurboTax and they are no help and Ive tried getting ahold of NYS to figure out how a REFUND means I have to pay it all to them. I am very confused about this and I have no clue where to eve go to for help on this. What can I do???

Steve

Everyone just remember this come Election Day! The crooks in Albany who are holding our money for nothing more than greed need to be thrown out of office, starting from the top.

My return was straight forward return, only standard deduction, nothing else, so why does it need a 90 day review? It was filed the first week of February so as of today it has been more than 60 days with no change in status.

If we file late we get charged interest, when they hold our money, we lose interest as well as the use of it.

NYS GIVE ME MY MONEY!!!

Anonymous

I e-filed on March 10th, I received my IRS refund within 2 weeks. NYS was accepted on March 13th, but on March 16th, I got the 90 day review. Today is April 7th and it’s still on a 90 day review. I did not receive any letters and I started an online account with NYS to see if they were going to email me with anything. To this date i’ve received nothing. This board is loaded with folks that seem to have the same problems but mostly in January and February, I am not seeing too many complaints for March. I hope that everyone gets their refunds quickly but misery loves company.

Insist

E-filed and accepted 2/2. I submitted it WITH the non-obligated/innocent spouse form (student loan adjustment for the non-working spouse while working spouse had all the income and credits) and was shown a DD refund date of 3/19/2015.

smorales

atmone- lucky you- when did they accept your return ?

atmone

I got my DDD yesterday 3/2 and the date is 3/18 why would it take two weeks to deposit?

Shannon

I filed 1/26 and got accepted 1/27. Had the 90 day message since 2/3. This makes no sense for ppl who filed after that date to already have a DDD.

dw524

Filed Feb 2nd. Got refund Date today for March 3rd.

stapreme

they final stages of processing oncd approved issue date will show how long after this?

Sarah

So, Filed 1/21. received. got the 90 day review blah blah blah, then the 2-4 week blah blah blah.
                                2-19 Final stages
                                2-20 processed your return and adjusted the refund. Will receive correspondence, blah blah blah. Should deposit on 2-24.
                                SO MY QUESTION IS:
                                for people who received this same “adjustment” message….what happened? Did you have kids? How dramatic was the change?
                                Thanks!

terry

Does anyone know how long it takes for a paper return direct deposit had to mail mines in cause some a hole used my daughter ssn by mistake I check my status and it said we have received you return this message will update when your return is in the next stage of processing no available info at this time

K.O.

My status just changed to this in the last hour…finally. My original post with info is below it. Has anyone that got that message received their refund yet? I’m wondering how long after did they get a DDD.

We received your return and it’s in the final stage of processing. While most returns are completed within 2 weeks, it may take up to 4 weeks.

My original post:

Nys Refund?

Where’s My Refund? › Forums › General Disussion › 2015 Tax Season › Nys Refund?

Topic
                                    January 22, 2015 at 3:56 pm Reply

AmiraP

Has anyone received a DDD from NYS yet?

Viewing 75 replies – 1 through 75 (of 75 total)

Replies
                                    February 14, 2015 at 5:50 pm

CHANTAI

HELLO, RECEIVED THIS A FEW DAYS AGO??

We processed your return and adjusted the refund amount that you claimed. You will receive correspondence explaining the adjustment.A direct deposit of your refund is scheduled to be issued on (FEBRUARY 18, 2015). If your refund is not credited to your account within 15 days of this date, check with your bank to find out if it has been received.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY THEY WOULD HAVE ADJUSTED MY TAX REFUND BECAUSE I HAVE’NT GOTTEN A CLUE. I DID GO TO LIBERTY TAX TO E FILE EARLY JANUARY. WHEN I WENT IN, THE STATE WAS STILL NOT ACCEPTING RETURNS SO I WAS UNABLE TO GET THE AMOUNT OR PAPERWORK OF THE STATES FILING. HOWEVER, THE PREPARER DID CONTACT ME WITH THE AMOUNT I SHOULD HAVE RECEIVED FOR THE RETURN. IM HOPING IT IS A SMALL ERROR AND NOT TOO MUCH OF THE RETURN WAS ADJUSTED. PREPARER COULD HAVE BEEN RUSHED WHILE COMPLETING RETURN? ANY SUGGESTIONS??
                                    February 12, 2015 at 1:37 pm

K.O.

Still nothing form NYS. Mine was E-Filed on Jan 21st with TaxAct and was accepted on the 22nd. Still says under further review could take up to 90 days. I’ve used TaxAct without issue for the past 6 years. My Fed was also filed on Jan 21st, accepted almost immediately, and my refund was DD’d on 2/4. It’s been within 14 days every year. NY always takes longer…but I’ve never received the 90 day message before. Can’t find out any information even when I log into my NYS.GOV account…and nobody can tell me any new info over the phone. My return is very basic…nothing that “should” warrant an audit or delay….so from reading some of the file/acceptance dates from other people…it looks like it might have something to do with returns filed/accepted within a specific date range…don’t know.

CHANTAI

HELLO, RECEIVED THIS A FEW DAYS AGO??

We processed your return and adjusted the refund amount that you claimed. You will receive correspondence explaining the adjustment.A direct deposit of your refund is scheduled to be issued on (FEBRUARY 18, 2015). If your refund is not credited to your account within 15 days of this date, check with your bank to find out if it has been received.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY THEY WOULD HAVE ADJUSTED MY TAX REFUND BECAUSE I HAVE’NT GOTTEN A CLUE. I DID GO TO LIBERTY TAX TO E FILE EARLY JANUARY. WHEN I WENT IN, THE STATE WAS STILL NOT ACCEPTING RETURNS SO I WAS UNABLE TO GET THE AMOUNT OR PAPERWORK OF THE STATES FILING. HOWEVER, THE PREPARER DID CONTACT ME WITH THE AMOUNT I SHOULD HAVE RECEIVED FOR THE RETURN. IM HOPING IT IS A SMALL ERROR AND NOT TOO MUCH OF THE RETURN WAS ADJUSTED. PREPARER COULD HAVE BEEN RUSHED WHILE COMPLETING RETURN? ANY SUGGESTIONS??

K.O.

Still nothing form NYS. Mine was E-Filed on Jan 21st with TaxAct and was accepted on the 22nd. Still says under further review could take up to 90 days. I’ve used TaxAct without issue for the past 6 years. My Fed was also filed on Jan 21st, accepted almost immediately, and my refund was DD’d on 2/4. It’s been within 14 days every year. NY always takes longer…but I’ve never received the 90 day message before. Can’t find out any information even when I log into my NYS.GOV account…and nobody can tell me any new info over the phone. My return is very basic…nothing that “should” warrant an audit or delay….so from reading some of the file/acceptance dates from other people…it looks like it might have something to do with returns filed/accepted within a specific date range…don’t know.

Bobby

I filed my NYS on 2/3 accepted the same day.

I got my DDD for NYS yesterday with a date of Feb 18th.

capn

I finally got a DDD…

Filed 1/29 ~10pm
                                            Accepted 1/30 ~5pm
                                            NYS status updated 1/31 we received your return and it is being processed, this can take 4-6 weeks
                                            NYS status updated 2/4 your return is in the final stages of processsing
                                            NYS status updated 2/5 we are almost finished processing your return
                                            NYS status updated 2/11 ~5pm Received a DDD of 2/19

mike

Still nothing form nys! was accepted on the 22nd and on since the 29th still stuck on under further review could take up to 90 days.

CN

Filing and acceptance dates should read Filed 01/27/2015 and accepted 01/29/2015. Sorry!

CN

I’m worried about my NY state return.

Filed 01/27/2014 and accepted 01/29/2014.

First i received a message that said:
                                                  We received your return and it required further review. While most returns are reviewed within 4 weeks, it may take up to 6 weeks to complete our review.

On Monday morning it changed to:
                                                  We received your return and it is currently being processed. no further information is available.

And now just this morning it says:
                                                  We received your return and it required further review which could take up to 90 days to complete. If you receive correspondence from us, you should respond as soon as possible.

Is it possible I’m being audited? I live in Connecticut and filed a non-resident return. I’ve worked for the same company for about 5 years but was transferred to the NY office in 2014 so this is my first NY filing.

JT

Checked again this morning and it had updated again to “We are almost finished processing your return. Once your refund is approved, the issue date will be available.” Is it possible i could get aDDD later today? Anybody? By the way, I’ve noticed the site updates at different hours throughout the day

JT

I filed 1/23 accepted 1/26, since then it was telling me i was under review and could take 4 to 6 weeks. Today it finally changed to “We received your return and it’s in the final stage of processing. While most returns are completed within 2 weeks, it may take up to 4 weeks.”. Now, my question is what’s the average wait time before i finally see a DDD? Can Anyone who’s received theirs already fill me in? Thanks!

nyc

I saw a post somewhere that nys refunds are being delayed due to fraud with efiling….

JoeSmoe

Confused in NY

It will deduct your Federal and then send you a bill for the remaining balance. If Its alot they can set you up on a payment plan where they will most like begin garnishment of your wages

Confused in NY

Guys I am so confused and worried. I have been selected for audit in NYS, I have not updated on Federal since I am caught up with delays. Will federal hold my refund. Im scared that NYS will fuck with my federal. I have googled my ass off and I cant find nothing that can even tell me. Someone please give me some advice.

Anonymous

Lori- Did you check your NY this morning and the original message was there then and just now it changed? I have the same message and just wondering if they do update during the day or just over night like the federal does.

Lori

Earlier this week, I had a message that my return needed further review, and that it could take anywhere from 4-6 weeks. Just had an updated message today that states: “We are almost finished processing your return. Once your refund is approved, the issue date will be available.”

Hopefully this means I’ll get a DDD soon; just a little frustrating how there’s so little transparency into where an individual refund sits.

nyorker
                                                                  @freakinout

My ny refund status keeps changing

first time it was we received your refund and being processed

Second time it’s in final stages of processing will have date available soon

Then back to intial stage of processing so I called and they claim in was pulled for review I never go no letter or anything that was 2 days ago

Today I check now it says in final stages of processing should take up to 2 weeks

What’s the deal here what is going on anyone else get this

AjaS24

Theboss2kx it means you’re being audited. I got the same messege and a couple days later says I was picked for an audit. :(

Anonymous

@Savannah, mine just updated to the same thing. Never had this happen before so no idea why it’s happening now.

Savannah

Ugh well I got an update and now it says it needs to be reviewed to wait 90 days *sigh* so much for an easy tax season I was all excited that federal went so good guess I was right and it was too good to be true

• #4101924
                                                                        theboss2kx

wonder if im being audited? or are they delaying my return?

• #4101727
                                                                          Anonymous

I filed and was accepted on 1/23 and my status still says this:

Refund Status

We have received your return and it is being processed. No further information is available at this time.

• #4101695
                                                                            capn

Filed and accepted on 1/30, updated today and now says it’s in the final stages of processing. Expecting a DDD within the next couple of days.

• #4101569
                                                                              Savannah

Mine says its processing no other info is available but it’s said that since last Tuesday I can’t believe its taking this long usually I have my state before federal and I already got my federal guess I’ll twiddle my thumbs

• #4100922
                                                                                JT

I filed 1/23, state accepted 1/24, and I’ve got the message “We received your return and it required further review. While most returns are reviewed within 4 weeks, it may take up to 6 weeks to complete our review.”. Anybody else have this or had had a change from this status to something else??? Last year i had the 90 day message which after 90 turned to 120 days and didn’t get mine til May believe it or not. .

• #4100894
                                                                                  theboss2kx

did anyone else get…………… Refund Status

Your return has completed processing. You will receive correspondence about your return within 10 business days?

• #4098739
                                                                                    Anonymous

Just checked and now have a ddd of 2/9 for state, filed on 1/16 with my federal, federal was received on 1/30, wonder why it’s taking so long to get the state refund, in the past, i’ve always gotten state before federal.

• #4098338
                                                                                      iliana

1/26 my fed and nys was accepted check the status of my nys on 1/29 and it says is been completing I would receive correspondence in 10 business days that means something is wrong would I get my refund or not..what about my fed should akeast get that one someone help please need answer

• #4098061
                                                                                        Kg

Finally got a DDD of 2/9 from Nys, accepted 1/23, guess they update the site during the day also besides over night

• #4098043
                                                                                          Bonnie

Just checked mine I have a ddd of 2/9 I filed & accepted on 1/20, Jw if anyone received theirs before there ddd

• #4097763
                                                                                            Anonymous

Anyone else in NY waiting On NYS return?

• #4097672
                                                                                              Anonymous

Anyone get the message from NYS in final review then go to needs further review or 90 day message?

• #4097599
                                                                                                Anonymous

I finally got it fixed and now I have it set to email me when I have changes to the account which means I should get an email when I have a DDD.

• #4097569
                                                                                                  Tarah

Bigtimeny1
                                                                                                    Call 518-485-7884, they will help you login and it’s quick and easy :) I’m praying I get my dd today but it’s not looking good :/

• #4097563
                                                                                                    Anonymous

Thanks Tarah, I can’t seem to log into my nygov acct. going to have to call I guess to get it fixed. Im paranoid Im going to get a 90 day message lol, I have a down payment on a car and I need my NYS refund to pay off the balance. If I have to wait that can be a major problem for me.

• #4097558
                                                                                                      Tarah

Has anyone actually received their nys deposit yet? My DDD is 2/4 but last year my DDD was 2/18 and I got the direct deposit on 2/11. I was hoping that meant I would get my dd this year early too but nothing yet :/

• #4097554
                                                                                                        Tarah

Kg
                                                                                                          I filed 1/16 but wasn’t accepted until 1/23. I had the 2-4 week message until 1/26 then the final stages message. Then I logged into my nys tax and finance account and boom got a DDD. Try logging in with your ny.gov id maybe it will move it along for you too :)

• #4097543
                                                                                                          Anonymous

I got my federal in my bank today, I need my NYS refund, all it says is”We are almost finished processing your return. Once your refund is approved, the issue date will be available.”

• #4097541
                                                                                                            Anonymous

I filed 1/23 and it was accepted 1/26. When I check, it doesn’t even show up yet. :-/

• #4096643
                                                                                                              Kg

Did anyone lose the 2-4 week message to get what I got?

• #4096510
                                                                                                                Kg

tck did you have educations or some other kind of credit?

• #4096456
                                                                                                                  tkc1038

Ok so checked my status. It says blah blah blah you are undr review it couldvtake 90 days. I have never had this issue. Does it rwally take 90 days?

• #4096439
                                                                                                                    Kg

Anyone?

• #4096105
                                                                                                                      Kg

I am so confused, it went from saying we are almost finished processing get it within 2 weeks blah blah blah to this new message now-We are almost finished processing your return. Once your refund is approved, the issue date will be available. Why did it change? When will I get a ddd?

• #4095991
                                                                                                                        Kg

??

• #4095904
                                                                                                                          Kg

?

• #4095798
                                                                                                                            Kg

Tarah, when did you file and when were you approved? thanks, and when you checked during the week did it give you the 2-4 week saying then went to almost finished processing without the 2-4 week thing?

• #4095767
                                                                                                                              Tarah

I got a DDD from NYS this morning for 2/4 :)

• #4095650
                                                                                                                                Kg

I am so confused, it went from saying we are almost finished processing get it within 2 weeks blah blah blah to this new message now-We are almost finished processing your return. Once your refund is approved, the issue date will be available. Why did it change?

• #4095581
                                                                                                                                  Kg

I wish we had more info after we recieve the message that we are almost done processing. Well how much longer lol? Anyone get this message and then get a ddd? Please someone answer.

• #4095338
                                                                                                                                    Anonymous

new update status this morning “We are almost finished processing your return. Once your refund is approved, the issue date will be available.” seems likes its getting closer, got a ddd of 1/30 for fed, hopefully state wont be too far off.

• #4095194
                                                                                                                                      NYCteachermom

I’m afraid and a little bummed out actually that my state now says that it needs further review that could take up to 90 days. I believe I filed correctly so I’m not sure why and if the are going to try and take money back. The only time this happened before is when i had to pay back unemployment in 2013 but I haven’t been on unemployment last year.

• #4095017
                                                                                                                                        KG

Any updates for NYS?

• #4094693
                                                                                                                                          Michelle

NYS has put my return under review for the last two years… It takes a little longer, but I have always got it and they have never asked me for anything… It seems to happen to a lot of people. So far this year, mine is just processing.

• #4094679
                                                                                                                                            rose 79

was updated to this message this morning “We received your return and it’s in the final stage of processing. While most returns are completed within 2 weeks, it may take up to 4 weeks.”… still no dd

• #4094666
                                                                                                                                              KG

Does anyone know the timeline on the state for example, It goes from were processing and have no further info to final stages of processing till ddd. How long does it take from final stages till you either had a deposit or had a ddd? Thanks

• #4094619
                                                                                                                                                melanie

mine was processing along until this morning , now says need review

• #4094405
                                                                                                                                                  Gary

My NYS refund has been deposited… Less then I expected.. Was hoping for more :(
                                                                                                                                                    @AmiraP No I didn’t claim EIC

• #4094381
                                                                                                                                                    jk

mine said the same thing. never had an issue before im sure its something in the system

• #4094379
                                                                                                                                                      Over this year

Mine was accepted on 1/20 and was being processed until today where it stated it needed further review :/

• #4094236
                                                                                                                                                        KG

I hope this blizzard will not affect our returns and have them delayed, not sure where they process the returns at though.

• #4094135
                                                                                                                                                          AmiraP

Gary did you claim any child care credits? Last year that happened to me I was supposed to get a refund of about 3000 , received that message and called the state , they told me the exact amount and why it was adjusted. I would just call.

• #4094105
                                                                                                                                                            moovalyn

I’m sad I’m under review I guess I can see my refund never

• #4094103
                                                                                                                                                              Gary

I filed 1/20/15.. Just checked for my NYS refund and got this…

We processed your return and adjusted the refund amount that you claimed. You will receive correspondence explaining the adjustment.A direct deposit of your refund is scheduled to be issued on (JANUARY 27, 2015). If your refund is not credited to your account within 15 days of this date, check with your bank to find out if it has been received.

Now I’m wondering what happened :(

• #4093861
                                                                                                                                                                pattycakes

i filed 1/20 and still havent gotten accepted yet

• #4093858
                                                                                                                                                                  Yaminah

I hope mine updates like that.

• #4093852
                                                                                                                                                                    Shani

I have no idea, I had my taxes done through a tax preparer and When i went to go check mine this week it wasnt working it said my information was incorrect. I got in contact with someone and they gave me the correct amount and when i checked it today its says ddd 1/27.

• #4093850
                                                                                                                                                                      Yaminah

When did you get accepted?

• #4093843
                                                                                                                                                                        Shani

i got ddd for 1/27 for nys refund

• #4093774
                                                                                                                                                                          rose 79

still no changes

• #4093586
                                                                                                                                                                            Yaminah

I wonder why I haven’t gotten the DDD on my state return. When did you get accepted?

• #4093577
                                                                                                                                                                              AmiraP

I actually did get a ddd of 1/27 this morning as well YAY!

• #4093570
                                                                                                                                                                                Eadacorp

Yesterday it said we are in the final stages of processing your return please allow 2 weeks….ect……….this morning it says “We are almost finished processing your return. Once your refund is approved, the issue date will be available , i know i have seen this in the past but whats the difference and has anyone else got this.

• #4093563
                                                                                                                                                                                  rose 79

filed on 1/20, showed accepted on 1/22, still no dd yet.

• #4093562
                                                                                                                                                                                    KG

Just wondering how long from when you filed your nys taxes to how long it took to show up on the NYS website as accepted

• #4093534
                                                                                                                                                                                      Matt

Received a DD date of 1/27/15 as of this morning. Filed on 1/20/15.

• #4093438
                                                                                                                                                                                        NYCteachermom

My NY state return was finally accepted just now.

Viewing 88 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                                      • The forum ‘2015 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.