NO Bars – Your tax return is still being processed

Home Forums General Discussion 2018 Tax Season NO Bars – Your tax return is still being processed

• Topic Starter
    ikikaman6177
      @ikikaman6177

Filed Monday, 4/2. #

As of this morning, WMR is showing the refund amount with no tax topic and the message:

**Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available.**

What does this mean? Anyone else?

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Kristen1983
          @kristen1983

I have the same thing, no tax topic 152, amount there, lost the one bar I had…It’s been 3 weeks, now I did have to mail in my return due to not having my pin number because of an address change.

When I told the IRS I had an address change, she basically looked into my return (finally)….she had to ask me a set of questions to verify my identity, due to me filing without a pin (the letter with my pin number got sent to my old address).

Once she verified my identity she told me that there were no other holds on it, and I am not back in normal processing…

HOWEVER, she DID say that it can be up to 9 weeks…putting me getting my refund in June…I’m hoping that this is the garb they have to say and I’ll see a change soon…

My advice, keep calling the IRS until you get someone who is actually willing to help and look into your account.

Good luck!

ikikaman6177
            @ikikaman6177

I’ve read that the amount increasing drastically can trigger a manual review, but in my case, it’s the same taxes as always.

Same issue

I have the same issue with my bars disappearing. Plus my transcript says “n/a” when I try to order. My refund is quite a bit larger than average – could this be the reason? What do you think it means?

jay 1

losing bars is never a good sign. you still filed not to long ago, so there is some hope this can be squared away quickly. what does your online transcripts say? the real story will be there

MKR

Not necessarily an audit, but extended review. EITC and ACTC plus larger refund amounts are being targeted for reviews. Some are random though. No concrete protocol for processing of returns this year.

SC

most likely an audit. you’ll be on the tagged list for the next half a decade.

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • The forum ‘2018 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.