Mixed Messages from the Irs

Home Forums General Discussion 2020 Tax Season Mixed Messages from the Irs

• Topic Starter
    Lexlo9091
      @lexlo9091

Hey guys. Long story short I’m under “60 day review” However I’ve called 4 times and been told 4 different things!

“I’d get a letter, I won’t get a letter, the 446c was sent on 2/20, nothing is needed from me“
      I’ve heard something different each time I’ve called. I can’t view my transcripts and WMR says “still processing”

Today with the FOURTH irs call. I was helped my a rep who went through my wages, credits, identifying info, and confirmed my return has NO ERRORS, he also stated that my return HAS BEEN PROCESSED and that at this point my REFUND IS JUST BEING HELD by the COMPUTER. Guys I’m not making this up I spoke with him for 40 minutes.

I reached out to the TA line. And was advised by a helpful woman that people call and wait for HOURS on hold to speak to an intake person and most calls get dropped! It’s crazy that they KNOW THESE THINGS! But they do nothing. She stated instead of doing that they are able to complete a “911 Tax Advocate Intake Form” it’s basically them requesting an advocate be auto assigned to you. Within 3-5 business days I’ll have an Tax advocate assigned and I’m able to call and request their direct info if they haven’t called me.

I’ve also reached out to my local congresswoman. This has been crazy. The woman at the TA line said for some people they go back and forth with the IRS for months before they see their return because they don’t know what to do! I hope this helps someone!

Viewing 12 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        JazzThee
          @jazzthee

@lexlo9091 okay! I’ll do the same

Lexlo9091
            @lexlo9091

@jazzthee YW! As soon as I update or get a deposit I’ll update!

JazzThee
              @jazzthee

@lexlo9091 Well that’s some hopeful news! Thank you for sharing and giving me hope.

Lexlo9091
                @lexlo9091

@jazzthee yes I was told last week I was under review for 60 days and to look out for a letter. I never got the letter.

JazzThee
                  @jazzthee

@lexlo9091 Do you know if you were under a 60 day review or not?

Lexlo9091
                    @lexlo9091

Yw! Good luck!

Natrix
                      @then4trix

Thanks for the quick reply!

Lexlo9091
                        @lexlo9091

I spoke with a live person. I called ‭(800) 829-0582‬ but used ext 653 instead of 652. She told me that there is no hold on my refund as of today and I have a DDD of 03/04/2020.

Natrix
                          @then4trix

@Lexlo9091

What number did you call? An automated number to see about a DDD?

ProudFatherOF1

@lexlo did you speak to a rep or a automated line?

Lexlo9091
                              @lexlo9091

I just called again and selected option 653 instead of 652 and I have a DDD of 03/04! That’s Wednesday! WMR has not updated yet! I’m hoping you all see a resolve!

Spookyrides
                                @spookyrides

We went thru this crap two years ago. A 60 day letter, another one, ID verification over the phone, then in person etc. etc. Finally qualified for an advocate and we got our refund in October. This year, bar disappeared and “still processing” message. Not good and not wanting to go thru this mess again. If it goes past another month, I’m amending fast.

Annoyed101
                                  @annoyed101

This is our next step if I don’t see some movement. We have called the IRS three times and the most recent one the rep was awful to my husband. Telling him “she doesn’t have to do this for us” and then when one of our toddlers started crying she rudely said “why aren’t you listening, stop watching TV!” When he wasn’t even dealing with the toddler, I was. And he was paying 100% attention to her. Transcripts still show N/A.

Viewing 12 reply threads
                              • The forum ‘2020 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.