Mailed Paper Check

Home Forums General Discussion 2023 Tax Season Mailed Paper Check

• This topic has 33 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Saeslay23.
  • Topic Starter
    Joe

Refund check mailed out 2/17. Anyone know how long the timeframe is? I’ve yet to see the FB group warn that using same bank account information for 3 yrs will automatically get you a paper check mailed. It’s been years for us. Used same bank information since 1998.

Viewing 32 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Saeslay23

Check sent on the 10th they hand delivered it to me today 3/13 so those waiting today is the day congrats ya until next year

Robin

Updates?

Saeslay23

I’m still waiting on check since 2/23 and nothing yet

Newbie23
                @newbie23

And I still don’t know why we even got paper check. We’ve always gotten direct deposit with no issue.

Newbie23
                  @newbie23

Check received! Showed up on informed delivery again today and was in mailbox. We live in a neighborhood with one main mailbox per block and so maybe it was mis-delivered and put back in the return and re-delivered. Anyway.. got it now. Good luck to everyone.
                  Recap. WMR showed will be delivered by 2/24 since 2/16. Showed up on informed delivery on 2/27 but had mixup with mailbox delivery.

Saeslay23

Nothing here just waiting

Newbie23
                      @newbie23

Still nothing.

Luckymama4

following

Saeslay23

Found out they never even sent check back to its yet we’ll deposit so be about 5 long weeks

Newbie23
                            @newbie23

Check was not in the mail today. Post office said to give it a couple more days even though it was scanned on Monday. Good luck to everyone else!

Newbie23
                              @newbie23

My check was not in the mail. Not sure what’s going on. All my other mail that was scanned has been received.

Alysha

Any update? Did you receive your check?

Saeslay23

Any updates?

Saeslay23

@amerie no mines was my fault I forgot to switch to my new account and put it in an old one for me this having to get a check

Amerie

Wait so you can’t use the same bank information every year? 🤷🏽‍♀️ what sense does that make who switches banks like that

Saeslay23

@newbie23 thanks well that’s good finger’s crossed I am in NC so hopefully see something soon everything takes longer in nc winced I moved from California ready to go bk smh this is so bizarre

Newbie23
                                          @newbie23

@saeslay23 you’re welcome. Was not in mailbox but showed scanned on informed delivery this morning. In Texas and post office closed now. Will hopefully find out what’s going on tomorrow. Got everything else that was scanned except the long awaited check:(

Saeslay23

Thanks @newbie23 what state you in mine not in mailbox checked informed but hopefully soon

Newbie23
                                              @newbie23

Informed delivery showing it should be in our mailbox today! Will update y’all.

Saeslay23

@newbie23 I appreciate that yes mines mailed same day

Newbie23
                                                  @newbie23

[quote quote=4532132]Any one knows how long to receive a check by mail? This my first year reviving by mail[/quote]
                                                  We’ve been waiting on a check too. First year and I don’t know why we’re getting paper check. WMR has been saying check “scheduled to be mailed by February 24” since 2/16. It changed today to “was mailed on February 24.” I’ll update when it actually arrives.

Saeslay23

@luckymama4 you know how long usually takes

Luckymama4

Same thing happened to me from having to verify

Saeslay23

Any advice if it was sent to bank on 2/23 but rejected until a check?

Saeslay23

Any one knows how long to receive a check by mail? This my first year reviving by mail

Cachèt

It took like 4 days to get the check?

Newbie23
                                                              @newbie23

Awesome! Thanks for updating..Hoping to see ours soon. Not showing up on informed delivery for today. Still not understanding how you saw it was sent on 17th. Wish I could see when ours sent/will send.

[quote quote=4531417]Came in today, headed to our bank, deposited and argued the hold of 15 days. No hold. Been with the bank since 1998. It’s not our fault irs didn’t make us aware of not using the same bank information over 3 times. Good luck.[/quote]

Kat

What? That doesn’t make any sense. We’ve been using the same account for like 10 years. What would the reasoning even be?

Joe

Came in today, headed to our bank, deposited and argued the hold of 15 days. No hold. Been with the bank since 1998. It’s not our fault irs didn’t make us aware of not using the same bank information over 3 times. Good luck.

Saeslay23

I’m getting mine mailed as well don’t even know how this paper check work never had one before

Joe

After the 24th, your scheduled date for it to be mail it will,change to has been mailed on 17th. Yesterday was a holiday. Hoping today. Then it’ll be another 7 days for the bank hold to lift.

Newbie23
                                                                        @newbie23

@Joe how/where do you see that it was already mailed? My WMR says mine is scheduled to mailed by Feb 24. Got 846 on 2/16. Not sure why we got paper check either but maybe bc we’ve been using same bank info for years too. Who really knows. Can you please update when you receive it?
                                                                        I also signed up for USPS informed delivery.

• #4530965
                                                                        ShottyB

USPS informed Delivery is free. You can monitor mail coming with scanned images.

Viewing 32 reply threads
                                                                      • The forum ‘2023 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.