LETTER FROM THE IRS?

Home Forums General Discussion 2021 Tax Season LETTER FROM THE IRS?

• This topic has 13 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Missyred.
  • Topic Starter
    GemmaDF
      @gemmafoutch21

Im getting a letter in the mail from the IRS today. I filed 01/28 and was accepted 02/10, transcripts updated 02/26 with a DDD of 03/03. Wheres my refund updated as well. Theres no other codes on my refund except the 846 code for 03/03. Does anyone know what this letter could be about? I didnt request transcripts online. Im freaking out,

Viewing 12 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Missyred

getting 2 from Kansas city just did mine 5 days ago what could they be for. Hasn’t even been 21 days for me.

Lusa
            @lisa8

I talked to the IRS today my transcripts were updated this morning codes 570 and 971 I was told by a guy I’m about to receive a letter he went through the system didn’t know exactly what it was about he said he thinks it’s about me claiming my recovery rebate on second stimulus that I never got . It’s been over 30 day’s for my transcripts to update with this BS. They should be able to verify that we never got second check .

Alyssa Mai

What was the zip for the Austin address? I’m getting a letter from irs today

JLB1270
                @brayb

I hope yours is better than mine. I also got one a few days ago from Austin, Tx. It is a 5071c verify identity letter. But, unlike you, my transcripts stayed at N/A..top 2…as of was Mar 1 changed to Mar 15…I lost my bar and tt 152.

JLB1270
                  @brayb

I hope yours is better than mine. I also got one a few days ago from Austin, Tx. It is a 5071c verify identity letter. But, unlike you, my transcripts stayed at N/A..top 2…as of was Mar 1 changed to Mar 15…I lost my bar and tt 152…still being processed.

JLB1270
                    @brayb

I hope yours is better than mine. I also got one a few days ago from Austin, Tx. It is a 5071c verify identity letter. But, unlike you, my transcripts stayed at N/A..top 2…as of was Mar 1 changed to Mar 15…I lost my bar and tt 152…still being processed. Good luck!!!

Geesh-Louise

Also got one saying that they sent my stimulus back in january.

Geesh-Louise

It might just say u opened irs transcript account or thank you for using the website. That’s my experience.

GemmaDF
                          @gemmafoutch21

[quote quote=4462310]Getting one to. Is it from Kansas City?[/quote]

No, mine is from Austin, Tx

Igor

Getting one to. Is it from Kansas City?

TaxMan

Jaybird and Turkwood are both correct. It is most likely a statement about the second stimulus. Your deposit has been verified and will be sent. All is well.

turkwood

846 means refund sent, i’d wait to panic on Thursday if you do not have your deposit.

Jaybird

It’s probably about the second stimulus. Everyone I know has gotten 1 recently. No worries

Viewing 12 reply threads
                              • The forum ‘2021 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.