Letter from the IRS: Verifying its Accuracy

Home Forums General Discussion 2020 Tax Season Letter from the IRS: Verifying its Accuracy

• This topic has 10 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Marie.
  • Topic Starter
    WhatDoesThisMeaaaaan

Hi all!

I just got a letter and I’m a little confused, hoping someone hear can help me out.

I got a letter from the IRS saying that they have received my return and are verifying it’s accuracy. It says it can take up to 60 days to complete the review. What does this mean? Did I do something wrong? I’m 24 and have no idea about taxes. 😭

Viewing 9 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Marie

Hi
          I received the same letter today
          Filed my taxes 03/09/2020
          Receive the later 03/23/2020
          Your post is from February did you already received your check

Nikki

I got one too earlier this week. It is so annoying. We’re due with a baby in the next 30 days and the money was needed. Smh

Mer
              @meximer

Thank you. I figured it’d be a few weeks after verifying for that state refund :/
              I’m really just hoping it doesn’t affect the federal refund my mom says it shouldn’t fingers crossed!

WhatDoesThisMeaaaaan

@meximer

I’m not sure but from the forums on here that I’ve read it can take a week or it can take a month. Depends on the person.

Mer
                  @meximer

Got a letter for income verification for state how long will i have to wait for state refund and will this affect my federal refund? Thanks

WhatDoesThisMeaaaaan

@redacted

I filed on 1/30, I hope it’s just a thing of them being piled up with returns and needing extra time but I’m just freaked out. This stuff stresses me out lol and I’d like my money to go towards my student loans.

WhatDoesThisMeaaaaan

Sorry for the typo guys! I’m sure you guessed I meant here not hear lol. Here more info on my situation:

Filled 1/30
                      Accepted 1/30
                      Went to “still processing” message on 2/11 with topic 152.
                      Received my said IRS letter 2/12.

Not path or anything.

This is my first year filing by myself and not under my parents. I’ve have three jobs in 2019 and that’s it, very straight forward tax return.

Redacted
                        @removed

When did you file? Sounds like it’s just another type review letter honestly.

Target

Awww, I agree. In this case, please call.
                          I’m sure it’s nothing horrible. Most likely won’t be 60 days. Yet, call so you know exactly what your dealing w.

Good luck!

iLoatheTaxSeason(PATHassF)

It may be an audit. You should call them.

Viewing 9 reply threads
                        • The forum ‘2020 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.