Letter from IRS, po box 9019, Holtsville, NY

Home Forums General Discussion 2019 Tax Season Letter from IRS, po box 9019, Holtsville, NY

• This topic has 17 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Willis :White.
  • Topic Starter
    stablegenius

Anyone else gotten a letter from Holtsville, NY (particularly P.O. Box 9019)? I got one today according to my USPS Informed Delivery email, but I won’t be able to check until I get home. A little nervous. From what I’ve googled, it seems like most people get something from there if there’s something wrong with their 1040 or if they owe back taxes.

If anyone’s gotten something like this, can you tell me what it was for and if it affected your refund receipt?

Accepted 2/6. WMR still one bar. Refund amount still listed. Wage & Income transcript still blank. Hoping it is not an audit.

Thanks!

Viewing 16 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Anton

@KELLY EASTON really, spam from a P.O. Box in government agencies name – it can be easily traced back to owner and in no time shutdown by usps. It’s not wild wild world of internet, it’s USPS owned service which no one would dare to mess up with unless they don’t care where they land up.

As some other users indicated It’s genuine irs letter.

Willis :White

My notice from the P.O. yesterday about arriving mail had a picture of an envelop addressed to me with the return address:
            Department of the Treasury
            Internal Revenue Service
            P.O. :Box 9019
            Holtsville, NY 11742-9019

Didn’t receive it yesterday or today. No help from post office, nothing in my IRS web account, spent 30 minutes on phone (mostly holding or punching buttons) and when finally talked to representative, she could find nothing so I looked up that address to try to call that branch of IRS. Instead, I got this website and I now know what it is: I created an account to see my IRS info online on the 12th of October. My nerves are no longer on edge!

Ron McLendon

My letter was from the online services division confirming that I signed up for an online account. It did have information contained that if I have issues, what I must do. This was a legitimate letter.

ForInformationOnly

I signed up for an IRS online service account through the IRS website, legitimately and received an auto generated form letter from P.O. Box 9019 Holtsville, NY 11742-9019. The letter is just to verify that you signed up for the account and not someone else using your information.

AgtZero

I just saw a letter on today’s Informed Delivery and it ended up being what Queso said… recently logged into the IRS online account to view transcripts. Whew 🙂

Katrina T

Same situation for me. Received image from informed delivery this morning. I ID verified online, almost 2 weeks ago. Transcript still empty, and return still not processed. No bars at all. Your replys gave me comfort…but I’m still hella nervous to get the letter.

KELLY EASTON

Please google the address on the envelope: PO BOX 9019, Holtsville. You will see a long list of articles reporting this address is generating SPAM notices pretending to be from the IRS!

Frank

I’ve got a letter coming from there also. Informed Delivery said it was supposed to be delivered yesterday it wasn’t. Than it said it was supposed to be delivered today and again it wasn’t. I called the IRS yesterday and they said they don’t have anything in their system saying I’m due to get a notice. But deep down I can’t help but think that this is bad news and now I’ll have to wait till Monday and pray it comes. So frustrating, Informed Delivery is my worst enemy sometimes.

Gen
                          @genngal

Hi Guys, I Also received a pic from delivery digest with a pic of IRS mail, I signed up for an online account on Feb 19 of this year, I received My refund Yesterday, I called the IRS and they said they dont show any letters being mailed out to me but its not for sure until i actually open the letter. Anyone know what this could mean? I am too freaking out.

stablegenius

*update*

“Thank you for using IRS online services.”

What a relief!

Smkillion
                              @smkillion1

Mine was a id verification letter

stablegenius

Got home—no letter. I can’t remember the last time I didn’t get something that was on my informed delivery email. I swear they’re trying to make me (more) crazy!

Hope

I got one today. I forgot to include my 1095A marketplace insurance form. I have to fax them in and wait. I have been stuck on still processing for weeks. I finally called today and asked.. found out i missed a form and got this letter today. Other letters are to ID verify or if you asked to mail transcripts. Good luck. Audits usually happen October thru dec so won’t be that :)

stablegenius

@Jessica Murray, Informed Delivery can be really great — and really horrible! Mostly I like it, but not when there’s a concerning return address.

Jessica Murray

I was going to say what @Queso said. I got a letter saying someone tried to access my account online and if it wasn’t me I needed to call a 1-800 number. I stressed out for three days because it didn’t come when it showed on my informed delivery. I googled and looked over my tax return obsessively. When I finally got the letter and opened it, i laughed. I hope that this is what you have in the mail. This is where letters about is verify and further review come from but it can also be nothing like mine was.

stablegenius

@Queso, that would be great if it’s just that. I did log in and had to do it a couple times before it finally accepted a credit card. Boy would I love for that to be it. Thanks!

Queso

If you recently logged into transcripts site after a year, changed your password or security questions they send a confirmation letter. It happened to me.

Viewing 16 reply threads
                                      • The forum ‘2019 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.