Letter from IRS

Home Forums General Discussion 2023 Tax Season Letter from IRS

• Topic Starter
    LongLiveMyBabyBoyJames2011

I received a letter in the mail today that reads, “dear TAXPAYER we received your income tax return and are verifying its accuracy. We’re holding your refund until we finish reviewing the information reported. We selected your return to verify one or more of the following: -income -income tax withholding- tax credits – business income” anyone else have this and how long did it take?

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        BBkansas24
          @bbkansas24

I received this today as well.

Talked to the tax advocate she said this just meant they are processing my return. This wasn’t an audit.

Nisha214

I think they just say that so you won’t call back. I filed Jan 24. Had the “still” processing. Received letter and verified on Feb 23. I didn’t even know they sent the letter. It was mailed on the 9th. March 3rd transcript updated and WMR shows I’ll be mailed a check on the 10th.

JBB

i got the same 4464C letter today as well. i just got off the phone with an IRS agent and he said a lot of returns so far have been flagged so far this year and he said most likely this is the first batch of 4464C returns so hopefully it should be cleared up sooner than 60 says. he said keep checking transcripts as those will update before follow up notices are sent out. he said it is mostly due to them being behind in processing.

Girl-fubar

My son and daughter in law received this today.🤦‍♀️

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • The forum ‘2023 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.