Is the 826 code date a possible DDD?

Home Forums General Discussion 2022 Tax Season Is the 826 code date a possible DDD?

• This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by CatsCradle.
  • Topic Starter
    Marlborobarbie

Our return got stuck in a “hole” and stopped processing after it was accepted on 01/31. I was finally able to reach the IRA 02/28, and they rebooted the process. Well my husband apparently owed some taxes so I see the 826 code with a date of 03/14. Since that’s the day they finalize that take back, could that be the same date we get our deposit? Anyone have advice?

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        CatsCradle

My 826 was 3-14-2022 and my 846 is 3-16-2022. Time to file injured spouse.

Mrs.B
            @dotwright72

I filed 1/27 my husband owed back taxes credit was transferred as of march 14 just looked at my transcript have the long awaited 846 march 16 just hang in there its almost over

Arreyis

You could see a deposit the same day, but it’s not always the case. Also, if you want to fight it and say that they took from your portion of the return to pay a debt that you yourself were not liable for (pre-marriage/child support) you can file an injured spouse form.

Arreyis

826 is past due tax debt or something like child support or student loans. You can call the BFS TOPS line: 1-800-304-3107 to find out more about what was taken and why. If it was a tax debt you call the IRS.

CatsCradle

I was hoping so too!

CatsCradle

I was hoping so too!

Genie

Here is what IRS Code 826 Overpayment Transferred means on your transcript: your tax refund was diverted to old debt. It is as simple as that. It could be a student loan, child support, or any other debt. So, in essence, the IRS tax number 826 just indicates that your refund will be used to pay old debts.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                  • The forum ‘2022 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.