IP Pin received???

Home Forums General Discussion 2019 Tax Season IP Pin received???

• Topic Starter
    MizuSeirei
      @mizuseirei

I’m still awaiting my IP Pin from the IRS. Is there anyone else out there that is waiting? Let’s keep each other updated!

Viewing 9 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        MizuSeirei
          @mizuseirei

When you paper file, they say to wait 14 days before you check WMR; However, I have seen cases where people were able to check 5 days after mailing their return overnight.

Kory M.

I had to paper file. I sent it last Friday. The waiting game sucks. Any idea when I should check WMR?

Geisha doll_43

I don’t see why you you fall under the PATH act if you have to use a pin. The pin is like your identifier that says you are who you say you are… Smh

Kory M.

I filed yesterday and my return got rejected due to ip pin. I never received it and when i called to get a replacement since i dont have a phone under my name, they told me to paper file because they didnt have my apt number and adding the apt was an address change. Im so irritated!

MizuSeirei
                  @mizuseirei

Yes. If it was filed electronically, It will be rejected because the IRS issued you that pin to protect you from people trying to use your SSN for tax fraud. When it’s rejected, you can enter the IP Pin and resubmit. Worst case scenario, the company will say that you will need to paper file, and then you will be waiting 6+ weeks for your return, due to the fact that they will want to manually verify you.

Melanie

I received my IP pin, but I did now know that I would be getting one. Mine came the weekend AFTER filing my return. What happens now? I know my return will obviously be rejected. Will I just be able to enter in my pin once it comes back and send it back through?

MizuSeirei
                      @mizuseirei

“Identity Protection Pin(s)” or IP Pin(s) are special pin numbers that are given to you from the IRS. They are only given to people in cases of ID theft, and victims of tax fraud. the number(s) change every year and are supplied before filing season starts. They are different than the 5 digit filing pin (pin’s usually used when filing online), and are 6 digits long. If you are issued an IP Pin, and you file without it, you will be flagged for “exam”, and will possibly face audit; so it’s best that you either paper file or call the IRS and request a new one if you haven’t received the notice containing your new Pin before February.

AB

What is an IP pin?

MizuSeirei
                          @mizuseirei

I just got mine today.

Johanna

I have not received mine either…

Viewing 9 reply threads
                        • The forum ‘2019 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.