ID Verify

Home Forums General Discussion 2021 Tax Season ID Verify

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by AustinPhoenix.
  • Topic Starter
    tiff

For everyone that had to ID verify, did you get a letter? I have not gotten any letters and from what I understand they ask you for a code as soon as you call. I don’t want to waste my time if I have not gotten a letter. Can someone share your ID verify experience?

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        AustinPhoenix

I found out after 12 weeks that I needed to ID verify. I couldn’t get ahold of anyone at the IRS, so I contacted an advocate and she had me fax my documents so I could verify with her. Now it’ll be another 60 days to refund

Jsr1886

They told me to call back if didn’t receive the letter by April 23rd (was a month out). I called April 22nd because the letter never showed up and was able to verify over the phone. Then a few days the later the letter showed up. Don’t believe any of them over the phone. I was told I had to wait to verify once I receive the letter. The workers are liars with bad attitudes. Final today transcripts updated. Good luck!

LolaR

Same situation as @brayb, except today marks my 9th week.

JLB1270
                @brayb

I received the 5071c letter to verify id. I already have an online account so I just logged in to the verify id area and the whole process only took maybe 3 minutes. I was not asked for a code and I don’t think there was a code on my letter. They asked 5 questions or so about last years income/refund, filing status, and my DD account number. It said successfully verified and that was going on 6 weeks now. The only change since then is a 570 hold code on my return but no letter to explain why.

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • The forum ‘2021 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.