how long does it take to get a update on my taxes after submitting paperwork irs

Home Forums General Discussion 2022 Tax Season how long does it take to get a update on my taxes after submitting paperwork irs

• This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Diana.
  • Topic Starter
    Denise
      @denise661

Not sure if anyone else has gone through this but if so what was the outcome… I done my taxes on the 30th January and was accepted on the 1st February..I was able to see transcripts very quickly after that..I had codes 424, 810 and 971 now I have codes 420,810 and 971 for about 2 1/2 weeks. I did receive the letter cp75 to proove my children and hoh and faxed all information needed the same night which was a week and a half ago. I’ve been claiming my children and hoh for a few years now without a problem. My question is how long will it take for an update or some movement. Thanks in advance

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Diana
          @missglock

Denise, did you get a letter in mail that they received your paperwork for audit? I got a letter and it said it will be reviewed by August. As for interest, they pay you it but it isn’t much – my audit two years ago held over 8k and only got like a $30 interest for it.

Denise
            @denise661

Well as of yesterday 4/16/2022 it showed that I don’t owe it’s at 0.00 so hoping they hurry up and change codes to release refund…how does the interest work that they pay you or will I even get interest paid to me?

Amberrrrr

What’s the number you faxed to

Allen

I’m in the same boat..code 420 faxed in papers to prove my dependents..hopefully it happen sometime this year lol

Diana
                  @missglock

When I had an audit 2 years ago it took exactly 90 days. I sent in the required info last week of February as well, would be nice if it’s 6 weeks.. 🙏🏻

Denise
                    @denise661

Thank you

[quote quote=4519007]Up to 6 was. I just had to resubmit last and talked with a tax advocate this morning. He said he surprised how quick they processed my paperwork but that from that date it might be a minute before they finish.[/quote

jlm684

6 weeks*

jlm684

Up to 6 was. I just had to resubmit last and talked with a tax advocate this morning. He said he surprised how quick they processed my paperwork but that from that date it might be a minute before they finish.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                    • The forum ‘2022 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.