Have you received a “Return Accepted” email yet?

Home Forums General Discussion 2022 Tax Season Have you received a “Return Accepted” email yet?

• This topic has 57 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Ladyluck84.
  • Topic Starter
    WhiteWolf

I filed my 1040 on 1/10 (Pather, no Recovery Rebate, straightforward). In past years, despite claiming EITC, I was lucky enough to be accepted in test batch. Awaiting “Return Received/Accepted” by IRS. Let us know when you get your “Received/Accepted” email! If not early, then see you on 1/24!

Viewing 56 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Ladyluck84

I filed today h&r block was accepted before I walked out. Fastest my taxes have been accepted. Within minutes. I’m at one bar tonight. Eic and child tax

Karlybobarly

I filed 1/26 got my acceptance email within minutes.(Turbo Tax)
            Still 1 bar showing received no path message.

I have ctc actc and eic.

Tiffany
              @nikki120

Filed on Friday 1/28 still waiting on Accepted Email from previous years experience usually accepted with in a few hours or the next day this has be a little worried anyone else in the same boat

sandijv

Cynthia and Danielle, I also filed (1/22) with no acceptance yet

Cynthia
                  @nymomof3

Still no acceptance email for me filed 1/22. Anyone else?

Danielle

I filed on 1/24. And still haven’t received accepted yet.

NikeAGoGo

Filed via Tax Slayer on the 19th. Three dependents, two of them kids. Nothing otherwise complex. Was gobsmacked to get the accepted email a few hours later. We had a NASTY tangle which wound up being an audit in 2020 but, we had all the details we needed and so it wasn’t terribly painful- just a huge pain in the keister. One bar on WMR, no transcripts, yet. Missouri state WMR doesn’t show anything- but it’s always a little bit weird.

Thee Real Mrs Jiron

I filed January 25th and was accepted January 25th like 20 minutes later 🙏

Melissa
                          @mlssa33428

I filed on 1/20/2022 and accepted 1/21/2022. I have no dependents, how long till the bar moves on WMR?

Cali Gurl

Filed on 1/19 and not sure when it was accepted, but just checked WMR and have 1 bar (refund being processed). How long after getting the 1st bar does it take to get the actual refund?

Omeganostimmy

Filed yesterday got rejected due to 1095a fixed resubmitted and accepted within an hour

Belli

@whitewolf Yes, it was crazy, last year has been the only year I have ever had any issues. I have my fingers crossed that this year will not be a repeat event.

Sassy
                                  @sassysc843

I filed 1/23 and was accepted 1/24.

KevinD

So I received an update on my Transcript this AM (Filed the 19th accepted the 21st) that my refund was issued under code 846 for 1/28. I am a PATHer, but I received all my child credits in 2021 which I claimed on my return. I’m wondering if those that did already receive the tax break won’t be held until the 15th as there isn’t necessarily anything to audit regarding the child credit since already received.

WhiteWolf
                                      @whitewolf

[quote quote=4503302]I filed on 1-11-2022 and was accepted yesterday at 11:30PM. Yay! Hopefully this tax season is better then last year, I received a part of my refund in July and I am still waiting on the rest of my refund from last year.[/quote]
                                      Wow, I understand. Last year, it took 7 months to get my return. The ONLY reason I got it was I contacted my Congresswoman. From the initial email to deposit was 2 weeks. I would suggest that route to anyone, or use a tax advocate (free).

Kaos

Filed 1/11 accepted email received on 1/19. I assume ill be waiting till mid feb though, ctc and eic.

Cynthia
                                          @nymomof3

Filed on 1/22 no acceptance email yet

Belli

I filed on 1-11-2022 and was accepted yesterday at 11:30PM. Yay! Hopefully this tax season is better then last year, I received a part of my refund in July and I am still waiting on the rest of my refund from last year.

Deebee0604

I filed on 1/19 and federal was accepted today 1/21

Laura Colson

I filed last week got rejected email today 1/21/22 needed to file out 1095-A which I got from the heathcare.gov account fixed it and resubmitted awaiting acceptance

Lcolson425

Filed by mistake last week got rejected email today 1/21/22 needed 1095-A, was able to log into my heathcare.gov account fixed issue resubmitted waiting on acceptance hopefully soon. Was approved for loan with TT

laura colson
                                                    @lcolson425

I filed by mistake last week, I got rejected email today 1/21/22 needed 1095-A which I got from my healthcare.gov account. Immediately fixed and resubmitted, approved for refund advance with TT awaiting on acceptance

StarryNite

I filed with TT on 1/22. Got my Federal “accepted” email and text (only because I signed up for it) @ 1:30p today. 1 bar on WMR. Not really gonna get to excited yet because I found myself obsessing with this site lol. This time I’ll be checking occasionally teehee 🙃 I’m just really happy it was accepted. Good luck & Stay Safe every one.

StarryNite

I filed with TT on 1/22. Got my Federal “accepted” email and text (only because I signed up for it) @ 1:30p today. Not really gonna get to excited yet because I found myself obsessing with this site lol. This time I’ll be checking occasionally teehee 🙃 I’m just really happy it was accepted. Good luck & Stay Safe every one.

Cabuya

This never happend to me in the 8 years i been using TT with 0 problem but i filed last night and still no accepted email but i whent to irs wmr and i got one bar with topic 152 also how did you know when you are on the test batch or not? Thanx

RaqiBalboa

I was filed on 1/20 and I’m still waiting to be accepted.

Leah O
                                                              @leaho

Return Accepted 😊 got email this evening and 1 bar on wmr

Mommaholly84
                                                                @mommaholly84

I got mine today! Filed 1/19 and accepted today at noon. However, I am a pather, so it really don’t matter lol.

BBling

I filed with tax Slayer 01.20.2022, got my email that I was accepted by the IRS today (01.21.2022) and I have my first bar on the IRS website.

Chaka

I filed on 1/19 and got accepted by its today . 1 bar on WMR. I claim CTC so it doesn’t really matter that I am part of the hub test.

Lbell

Filed yester with Tt, got an accepted notice this afternoon. I have EITC, does that mean i wait for my refund? Cant remember, first in a while i could get it lol

KevinD

I filed my return yesterday 1/20 and just received an “accepted” notification. I went through TurboTax. I thought they weren’t accepting until the 24th. I know the IRS keeps saying they are trying their best to get a head start this year (hence accepting before February like 2021) so they must be trying to get the wheels turning prior to Monday.

• #4503112
                                                                        sam

I filed yesterday (January 20, 2022) through taxact.com and just received the return accepted email.

• #4503123
                                                                          Rob
                                                                            @lurrch

I don’t think being a PATHer has anything to do with early acceptance. We’ll still have to wait for our money until the prescribed date regardless of early acceptance or not.

• #4503118
                                                                            WhiteWolf

Received an email today from my tax people, FreeTaxUSA. My return as a pather has been accepted, as of 1/21. I assume this means I am part of the HUB test batch, as in previous years. IRS tool still not updated, and states my info is inaccurate. Perhaps it will update overnight. Hang on for another weird year!

• #4503090
                                                                              Leah O
                                                                                @leaho

Congrats everyone accepted early.. I have been accepted early every year except this one 😔 filed 1/10.. hoping for an update ASAP

• #4503084
                                                                                Jenna

After using TurboTax for 12 some odd years I switched to Taxslayer this year as my income is low enough to qualify for free and I got tired of paying fees.

Got the accepted email a few hours ago and filed on the 17th.

I for some reason have been really lucky with test batches and seem to be picked every year for early acceptance.

• #4503079
                                                                                  MelissaA

I filed on 1/7 with TurboTax and still pending guess I’m not 1 of the lucky test batch this year. Every other year I’ve been accepted 1st day test batches were accepted ☚

• #4503077
                                                                                    Leah O
                                                                                      @leaho

@itsCo

Congrats 😊 When did you file?

• #4503076
                                                                                      ItsCo

Just got an email from TurboTax saying my return was accepted. They’ll have to hold my refund until 2/15 though because I’m a pather.

• #4503066
                                                                                        Kristin

I filed yesterday (2/19) with FreeTaxUSA and got a text message today saying my return has been accepted by the IRS. One bar on the Refund Status page on IRS website. This is the third year in a row that I appear to have made it into a test batch and, coincidentally, my third year using FreeTaxUSA.

• #4503064
                                                                                          Rob
                                                                                            @lurrch

I received a “Federal Return Accepted” email today from TurboTax. Filed on the 12th. I’ll have a wait though for the money as I’m a PATHer.

• #4503057
                                                                                            Leah O
                                                                                              @leaho

It does the same to me but it just means they haven’t received it yet. It’s happened to me in past years too. Hope we both update soon!

• #4502995
                                                                                              WhiteWolf
                                                                                                @whitewolf

[quote quote=4502989] @whitewolf

Any updates for you? Did you use TT?[/quote]
                                                                                                I used Free Tax. I used the IRS tool today, and it doesn’t recognize my info. I contacted Free Tax today, and they said wait until the 24th. I found it strange that the IRS tool showed “You must have inputted your info wrong”.

• #4502989
                                                                                                Leah O
                                                                                                  @leaho

@whitewolf

Any updates for you? Did you use TT?

• #4502980
                                                                                                  Antsymomof4
                                                                                                    @antsymomof4

I filed 1/14 with TT and have EITC and it still shows pending on TT BUT I went on IRS where’s my refund and I have 1 bar as of this morning!

• #4502956
                                                                                                    WhiteWolf
                                                                                                      @whitewolf

[quote quote=4502901]PHIL- In my experience, I have always received the “return accepted” email if part of the test batch. That will prompt me to use the IRS tracking tool. They are SNEAKY, more than once my direct deposit landed, and I stayed at two bars.[/quote]

• #4502947
                                                                                                      Momma1

I did at 430 today!! Am I a test batch …this is interesting!

• #4502943
                                                                                                        Matthew
                                                                                                          @lexluthor98

I filed on 1/17/22 and was accepted 1/18/22. One bar showing on WMR

• #4502953
                                                                                                          Leah O
                                                                                                            @leaho

I filed turbo tax the same day, 1/10.. nothing yet

• #4502946
                                                                                                            DLT51

I received an email at 1:15PST saying my return was accepted.

• #4502900
                                                                                                              WhiteWolf

PHIL- In my experience, if I am accepted to the test batch…I will get the refund received email. That will prompt me to use the IRS tool to track my return. Oddly enough, I will progress only to the first two bars. More than once, my return was deposited to an off-account I never use, and I’m still at two bars. Sneaky for sure. Be smarter than me, and check your account too. As things get weirder around here, who knows what to expect. I think the test batch is like a raffle, to be honest.

• #4502901
                                                                                                                WhiteWolf

PHIL- In my experience, I have always received the “return accepted” email if part of the test batch. That will prompt me to use the IRS tracking tool. They are SNEAKY, more than once my direct deposit landed, and I stayed at two bars.

• #4502899
                                                                                                                  Phil

how do you know if you were accepted in the test batch?

• #4502885
                                                                                                                    Have faith

Filed 1/11 on turbo approved for 4000 im waiting too

• #4502880
                                                                                                                      DLT51

I filed/transmitted using TT on 1/3. Still says “pending”. Simple return with two 1099-R. No acceptance email yet.

• #4502878
                                                                                                                        chris

I haven’t see anyone with Return Accepted. yet.

Viewing 56 reply threads
                                                                                                                      • The forum ‘2022 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.