Has anyone that filed an amended return gotten a refund or processing

Home Forums General Discussion 2019 Tax Season Has anyone that filed an amended return gotten a refund or processing

• This topic has 157 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Jerry.
  • Topic Starter
    Ejmom

Filed amended return w/ TA over 2 weeks ago and it just showed up on my transcripts the 971 and 977 codes. Have the EIC CTC and had the 1541 code and got a TA and was advised to file amended return. After all these weeks now being told will take another 12 weeks to process

Viewing 156 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        kevinh
          @sprintcupfan88

It took 4 weeks from time of filing to receiving my amended return funds. And they were direct deposited.

Jerry

Filed and accepted 05/16/2019 still no refund they told me 16 week so would be sept 6th so it looks like they r holding true to that seeing as how I have not updated

Nesirie

Are amended returns direct deposited or paper check?

Impatiently waiting

I need to know if it takes the full 16 weeks if you don’t have the TA?

MandyB
                  @mandyb

I filed our amended with a TAS on May 8th. They didn’t receive it until 5/29. Been checking every damn day for the last 3 months. Finally ot the 846 code today for 6/12! I’m a happy lady!

Calypso

congrats! That makes me feel a bit better. I amended mine and the wheres my amended return says it was received on 4/15. Hopefully I will get an 846 in my transcript in a couple of weeks.

Danni
                      @dani

Filed 1/17

Accepted 1/22

Id verified 2/26

Wording change 2/28

Finally able to view transcript couldn’t verify info so had to get a code in mail. To go online and view. had as of date 3/18

570 code 3/20

Call for a ta 3/26

Ta called back told me what was wrong why I have code we went over amended 3/27

Mailed amended and ta put it in system to call me back 4/4 for them to expedite it. 3/28

Got a letter in mail 45 day review dated 3/28 on 4/1

Ta called me and told me he req for it to be expedited 4/4

4/16 where’s my amended return updated to receive transcript dated 4/2

4/30 I could put hoh back in.

Transcript still never updated until 5/3 with 971 and 977 codes

transcript update with adjustments of amended return on 6/17 along with a code 570 for 6/3

on 6/24 wmar updated to adjusted

and today 6/7 i guess the hold was release on 6/3 because i now have 846 for 6/12

Danni
                        @dani

I’m sorry I don’t know I went through turbo tax who I filed with

JillT

Can someone please help me?! How do you do an amended return exactly I’m so confused.

Calypso

I filed in January went through everything where it was accepted, 1541 on WMR, and got the 45 day notice and 60 day notice March 7th. I tried 3 times to get a TA but was told I just had to wait and that I don’t qualify for a TA since I didn’t have a hardship. I was pretty sure the reason my return was being reviewed was because my income on my W-2 was 2k less than what I put in my tax return. I filed an amended return and sent it with tracking via USPS. When checking the status it shows it was received on 4/15. I received a letter on 5/24 that says they are just waiting for all my information to go into their computer before releasing my original tax return. I am actually getting back another 1k after filing the amended. Hopefully that will be soon!

Danni
                              @dani

Any update guys on war or wmar

Linda

I am beyond tired of this. 60 day review letter on 4-2. TA and amended return done on 4/47. No updates. Finally talked to TA last week, she said it was being processed and she’d know something on 6-7!!! Aren’t they supposed to help? Called IRS today to see if they could tell me anything…girl said the department who has it (the 60 day review people) are “asking” that they have until May 31st.
                                SO…even with a TA I’m still waiting on the 60 days.

Meegan

Welp got my audit papers in the mail along with everything they are requesting from me. I have to prove that my son actually lives with me. What?!? Of course he lives with me, he’s 11!! They want a letter from my landlord saying she’s seen him living there, receipts for groceries and clothing for him from 2018 (who the hell has that?!), doctors letter, etc. I have claimed this kid from his birth and never had a problem. Now, when I file in early January, I’ve been on delay after delay after delay and now this?? Fuck the IRS.

kevinh
                                    @sprintcupfan88

hope everyone gets updates soon. they had my amended return starting 4/10. i just checked Santa Barbara Bank and it shows they have my funds.. Should hit my bank tomorrow 5/15 just as my transcripts and WMR say. Hooray!!! Long process that started 1/28/19 finally ends on 5/15.

kevinh
                                      @sprintcupfan88

Finally..transcripts updated yesterday with the 846 refund issued 5-15-19…today where’s my amended return didn’t update but checked WMR and it updated and has DDD of 5-15-19. Long frustrating process for a 400 mistake. I copied our income as xx, 850. And it should have been xx,450. Probably never caught except I was flagged for ID Verification. Filed 1/28/19 and finally now over!!!. Sad part…when I would call no one could tell me what the problem was.

Spre

Irs wheres my amended return lied. Says completed and I should have had it by 4/26.

Just talked to irs and was given a canned my amended return is under a 45 day review till 5/21 from when they recieved it in March.

Assholes

Calypso

The “where’s my amended refund” finally updated that they received mine on 4/15. :) I was starting to get very worried.

Meegan

Nothing for me. IRS received my amended return 3/27 and STILL no end in sight. My TA is freakin useless.

kevinh
                                              @sprintcupfan88

no

Danni
                                                @dani

I give the fuck up! My ya called and said the money will be released next Friday I amended since 4/2 it’s about to be damn there 2 months to get my refund. Wtf was he good for fml

Danni
                                                  @dani

Any update guys?

kevinh
                                                    @sprintcupfan88

nothing for me yet..they have had mine since 4/10…hopefully updates next week

Danni
                                                      @dani

Just got my 971 and 977 codes they’ve had my amended return since 4/2

Danni
                                                        @dani

Bye marcus

Marcus210

👀 yall next year!! God Bless ✌

Spre

I sent out my amended return priority express. They recieved ans logged in 3/19 processed on 4/5 and completed on 4/26 just waiting on the check.

Queen87

So it’s definitely a check because I can see it says pay to the order of in the window of the envelope.

Danni
                                                                @dani

🤞🏾

Queen87

No I did not have a TA……I have informed delivery set up by postal service so I am able to see mail in my email before it arrives to the mail box. Today my email has a scan copy of a letter from the U.S. department of treasury bureau of the fiscal service. I am hoping it’s a check.

Meegan

Transcripts now show the adjustments, whole bunch of them. Then it ends with a 971 Notice Sent, and my “as of” date is now May 13. This will never end.

Danni
                                                                      @dani

@queen87

Danni
                                                                        @dani

@queen97 congratulations did you have a ta?

• #4325887
                                                                        Queen87

Where is my amended refund site says they received my amended return on 3/25/2019, got to the adjusted bar stating they adjusted the return dated for 4/26/2019. Says that within 3 weeks I should receive a notice that explains the adjustment.

• #4325881
                                                                          Marcus210

@dani

wMR changed to aprove.

• #4325844
                                                                            Danni
                                                                              @dani

At kevin we’re in the same boat they had it from mail 4/2 but on r it say 4/3 and my transcript never updated neither but my ta said he put in a request since the 16th my month will be next week we shall see

• #4325824
                                                                              kevinh
                                                                                @sprintcupfan88

mailed amended on 4/6. checked yesterday and amended wmr shows received 4/17 and is processing. transcripts show no record of return filed.

• #4325804
                                                                                Danni
                                                                                  @dani

@marcus210 did WMR Update or your amended return status? We’re you able to view transcripts

• #4325790
                                                                                  Danni
                                                                                    @dani

Still nothing for me on wmr amended return or transcripts 😩

• #4325789
                                                                                    Danni
                                                                                      @dani

Congratulations Marcus

• #4325780
                                                                                      Marcus210

Finally DD 5/1. Wow

• #4325695
                                                                                        Angie B.

April 26, 2019 at 6:06 am

Amanda
                                                                                          8008290922 … 1 for English. Press 1 enter social, press 5, enter pin, enter year, and then 2 for detailed summery. Usually when I call, it’s a long drawn out thing to listen to everything and at the end it says my acct has a credit balance of blah blah. Today when I called the first thing I heard was a refund issued. G’luck!! My next call is to find out why I couldn’t claim my son in 2016. His dad may have claimed him and he had every right to, but he said he didn’t. I don’t see why he would lie. Guess I’ll find out 🤷

So i tried that method….been waiting since 1/24 and OMFG I FINALLY HEARD A REFUND ISSUED FOR THE DATE OF 5/13TH!!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE IT I HAD TO CHECK AT LEAST 10 TIMES!!!!! AND SHE KEPT ON SAYING THE SAME THING REFUND ISSUED…REFUND FINALLY FUCKING ISSUED…I COULD’VE SWORN SHE SAID DID U HEAR ME U CRAZY BITCH???? I SAID REFUND ISSUED!!!!! MAY 13TH.!!! I CANNOT ACCESS TRANSCRIPTS ONLINE AND THAT WAS MY LAST AND ONLY OPTION TO TRY!!!

• #4325694
                                                                                          Marcus210

No Update for me. My TA said i should hear from her before may 19th.

• #4325665
                                                                                            PlainJane
                                                                                              @plainjane

Still no update for me. Amended return processed on the 10th…. its is not the 26th….still nothing.

• #4325625
                                                                                              Danni
                                                                                                @dani

So transcript still have 570 code. nothing about amended filed. amended 4/2 call my ta he stated they got to it on the 16th I should have something the end of this week26th! but transcripts still the same! But it is showing on amended return as processing when I talked to him on the 17th that hasn’t moved neither. Anyone this happen to no 977 code until the 846 code came?

• #4325548
                                                                                                Andrea

@meegan

TT did the same to me. And to my surprise they cut me a check I received in the mail since It was taken from my refund also. So the same will probably happen to you.

• #4325547
                                                                                                  Angie B.

Don’t qualify for a TA…been waiting since 1/23 (but according to irs they didn’t actually accept it til 2/14) to be told on 4/22 that i have to amend my return due to wages being off.. 45 day review up today. 60 day review is up on May 11th. Still gonna have to wait because i just sent off the amended returnon 4/23!!!

Oh yea ..got 60 day letter 3 days BEFORE 45 DAY LETTER!!!🤔🤔🤔

• #4325483
                                                                                                    Marcus210

My TA said i should recieve a call from her before may 19th… Smh.

• #4325470
                                                                                                      PlainJane
                                                                                                        @plainjane

Update from last week: so my amended return processed on 4/10 like I was told. It updated on my transcript 4/19 but I also got another 570 on 4/19 so who knows at this point. My TA did call and say she would call me back on 4/30 with a DDD but I won’t hold my breathe

• #4325467
                                                                                                        PlainJane
                                                                                                          @plainjane

@dani no -_- my TA said she would call on the 30th with a refund date. I can see my transcript is complete but I also have another 570 added so idk what’s going on

• #4325459
                                                                                                          Meegan

@andrea TurboTax took their money out of my damn bank account on 4/4 because didn’t want to wait for the IRS. Real nice when I’m already having a hardship. Never will I use them again.

• #4325457
                                                                                                            Danni
                                                                                                              @dani

@plainjane did you update?

• #4325363
                                                                                                              Marcus210

IRS is a Piece of SHIT!!! Give me my 💰.

• #4325272
                                                                                                                andrea

My refund has been received by TPG for turbo tax to take their fee’s and I should have it DD to my account by tomorrow.

With a TA my amended took a little over 30 days.

• #4325223
                                                                                                                  Marcus210

So im assuming its 30 days or less to get a refund back when you amend. If you get a TA..

• #4324791
                                                                                                                    Marcus210

@danni

Congratz. I haven’t heard anything from my TA. Hope to hear good news soon.

• #4324728
                                                                                                                      Danni
                                                                                                                        @dani

Yes Meegan my as of date changed but I don’t have the 977 and my ta said next week it will update to add. But there something on amended return now so…

• #4324726
                                                                                                                        Andrea

@meegan

My as of date is also May 6th but I have the 846 on my transcript for 4/24 so maybe this next week for you also.

Sending good vibes to you.

• #4324698
                                                                                                                          Meegan

Finally an update!! Transcripts updated today to the 971 and 977, and the “as of” date has change to May 6. Really hoping this means a DD is coming next week!!! Anyone gotten a 977 and a DD soon thereafter?

• #4324675
                                                                                                                            Andrea

Finally an update for me.

Filed and accepted in late January.
                                                                                                                              570 hold sometime in feb
                                                                                                                              Incorrect wages stated, was off by less than 100 bucks
                                                                                                                              Got a TA in March
                                                                                                                              Amended accepted on 3/18
                                                                                                                              There has been no change in transcripts since February until TODAY!!!
                                                                                                                              Finally got the 846 for 4/24!

I mean, I won’t actually believe it till I see the money hit the account but damn, some kind of movement is nice.

• #4324635
                                                                                                                              Danni
                                                                                                                                @dani

@marcus210 talked to my ta he said everything is completed and give it a week to update with a dd

• #4324604
                                                                                                                                Danni
                                                                                                                                  @dani

Ta* they* them* know*

• #4324603
                                                                                                                                  Danni
                                                                                                                                    @dani

My transcript still hasn’t updated with the 977 code. But my ya stated the have it and put in req for the to expedite it. He told me to call him today so I’ll let you guys no how that go. Also it said it was received 4/2 by certified mail.

• #4324287
                                                                                                                                    Marcus210

Called a TA manager today since my TA wont return my calls. TA called me 04/01 stating my wages were off. So i needed to amend it. So tax prep amended it on 04/02 and faxed it to my TA. She never returned my calls to see if she recieved it. So i got a number to her manager and she told me she did recieve my amended return and that it was sent off to irs. I should recieve a call back before may 19th.. Smh.

• #4324247
                                                                                                                                      Tia

So basically noone with a amended return has recieved a return

• #4324130
                                                                                                                                        BonBAY

Can anyone get a TA or you have to be assigned refund I got it on feb 22 amended forgot w2 they accepted 3-18 how long should be processed ? Can I call to get a TA

• #4324110
                                                                                                                                          Marcus210

This is what my TC looks like
                                                                                                                                            Codes.
                                                                                                                                            Return due date or return recieved date ( whichever is later april 15
                                                                                                                                            Processing date march 25
                                                                                                                                            150. 03/25. 0.00
                                                                                                                                            806. 04/15. -2,583.00
                                                                                                                                            766. 04/15. -4,009.00
                                                                                                                                            768. 05/15. -2,447.00
                                                                                                                                            570 03/25. 0.00

Can some one help me out here.

• #4324093
                                                                                                                                            Andrea

I’ve read conflicting stories about amended returns being DD this year, can anyone confirm this?

My TA left me a message last night stating mine should be completed in 2 weeks. was rcvd by IRS 3/18.

• #4324033
                                                                                                                                              Meegan

Sitting at a 420 now on my transcript. Im not expecting my refund till around October. I don’t even know why I bother checking everyday. My TA said she will expedite the process but so far the timing is that of a person who doesn’t have a hardship. So over this.

• #4324016
                                                                                                                                                Shannon

So i haven’t amended my return because it says not to do anything in the letter! Also i was advised to wait to receive my refund first then amend! Should i file amended return now or with for my original refund first? Im so confused and the irs is full of shit and the advocates too because guess what….they work for the damn IRS its just a bunch of run ar o und about money i earned this is bullshit!

• #4323904
                                                                                                                                                  Tia

No amended return will be deposited all will be paper check

• #4323529
                                                                                                                                                    Ej mom

FINALLY!! Checked my transcripts and.. 846 (refund) with DD 4/17 and my TA called and left a message saying everything is complete and my refund will be direct deposited on 4/17.

• #4323482
                                                                                                                                                      PlainJane
                                                                                                                                                        @plainjane

Update: I called the TA hotline and I was told my amended return processed on 4/10. Im a little iffy with believing because my transcript does not reflect that but she said it might reflect on next weeks update with a DDD.

• #4323476
                                                                                                                                                        PlainJane
                                                                                                                                                          @plainjane

Transcripts say my amended return was received on 4/1 then when I just checked my transcripts it has another 977 for 3/7?? has this happened to anyone else? Also, If i call the tax advocate hotline will they tell me anything about my return or just tell me to wait on my TA to call?

• #4323443
                                                                                                                                                          Meegan

Still no damn update. Signed for and received 3/27. Transcript has 424 code.

• #4323414
                                                                                                                                                            Danni
                                                                                                                                                              @dani

@Marcus210

Can we keep each other updated we both have a ta and our amended was received the same day. I’m still waiting for them to update my account for the code . I just send my tya a fax of when they received it so he was suppose to contact them to put fire under them.

• #4323282
                                                                                                                                                              Other Tara

Just an update…got my refund by DD 4/9 (I have USAA so its always a day early). So all in all my stats were-

F/A 1/28
                                                                                                                                                                1541- 2/15
                                                                                                                                                                Amended return- 3/1
                                                                                                                                                                Got TA- 3/8
                                                                                                                                                                WMR Update to 846- 4/6
                                                                                                                                                                DD Received- 4/9

• #4323239
                                                                                                                                                                Tia

Did anyone with deposit date 4/10 receive there refund

• #4323238
                                                                                                                                                                  Tia

Did anyone with deposit date today receive there refund

• #4322938
                                                                                                                                                                    Marcus210

@meegan. Idk TA just said to fax it.

• #4322906
                                                                                                                                                                      Meegan

@Marcus

Did you mail the paper copy to the IRS as well? My TA told me that faxing it to her AND mailing the hard copy were both necessary to get the amended return filed.

• #4322904
                                                                                                                                                                        Andrea

Mine states received on the where’s my ammended site, my fed ex was signed for on 3/15 and the website says 3/18.
                                                                                                                                                                          No changes to anything other than that, transcripts haven’t changed at all. Still 570 hold and my as of date changed from 2/25 to 4/15.

• #4322899
                                                                                                                                                                          Danni
                                                                                                                                                                            @dani

When y’all say received meaning your transcripts was updated to the code and date. Or the certified mail says it was received. Mailed it out on the 28th was received by them on the 2nd of April.

• #4322885
                                                                                                                                                                            Marcus210

Faxed my Amended return to my TA. Had to amended due to tax prep using last check stub to file instead of w2. Faxed it April 2 lets see how long this takes….. Smh

• #4322856
                                                                                                                                                                              Just waiting
                                                                                                                                                                                @justwaiting123

@ Tia mines only took 3 weeks to get a ddd so I don’t think it Would take that long prayers to you all hope you get it soon

• #4322802
                                                                                                                                                                                Meegan

@ Tia
                                                                                                                                                                                  My TA just called me (wasn’t expecting her until the 18th!) and stated that she has sent my hardship paperwork over to them and that they are on step 1 or 2 for processing and decided whether further investigation is needed. If not she thinks I could have a DD within the next few weeks, with May 8 being my expected DD if nothing sooner.

Fingers crossed!!!

• #4322795
                                                                                                                                                                                  Marcus210

????? When you amend a return . does irs send you a check or does it go DD??

• #4322785
                                                                                                                                                                                    Tia

@meegan keep me updated because mine amended return was also received 3/27 does it really take 16wks

• #4322745
                                                                                                                                                                                      Meegan

Congrats to you guys who got a DD!! Still sitting at 1 bar with “we received it March 27th blah blah” so who knows when it will happen. My TA seems to be no help whatsoever. :(

• #4322604
                                                                                                                                                                                        Just waiting
                                                                                                                                                                                          @justwaiting123

Amend my refund as well they received 3/12/2019 was approved for the tenth for dd 4/10/2019

• #4322551
                                                                                                                                                                                          Tara

my amended return was recieved 3/18 with no help from tax advocate. I also had my refund on 570 so no refund recieved at all. called and they confirmed it was adjusted on 4/1 woke up checked wheres my amended refund and still just says recieved decided to check wmr and to my suprise two bars approved and ddd April 10. it shows the corrected amount on left now instead of original amount so it is correct but i swore they didnt dd after amendment. shocked but happy

• #4322550
                                                                                                                                                                                            Tara

I thought that when you amend they eont direct deposit? checked wmr this morning and it shows bars and approved to be sent to bank on 4/10 and on the left shows the corrected amount.

• #4322368
                                                                                                                                                                                              Danni
                                                                                                                                                                                                @dani

Ok so guess I’m looking at may 😩

• #4322366
                                                                                                                                                                                                Tara

There are two Tara’s btw, I’m the other Tara…guess we are unlucky haha

• #4322365
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Tara

No my amended was received 3/1, so start to finish took a little over 30 days w a TA involved.

• #4322363
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Taxact Frustrated

Been waiting since 1/31. Just received 846 today. Amended return filed on 3/4. Had to get a TA. I was on 570 from 2/18.

• #4322354
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Danni
                                                                                                                                                                                                        @dani

Tara just to make sure yours took 2 1/2 weeks???

• #4322340
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Danni
                                                                                                                                                                                                          @dani

Congratulations tara

• #4322332
                                                                                                                                                                                                          Tara

Finally!!!! Updated to a big beautiful 846… $11 was my w2 misreport.. $11 in the irs favor but whatever. I just want my money and to move on.

• #4322262
                                                                                                                                                                                                            Danni
                                                                                                                                                                                                              @dani

Ok now I’m upset my ta told me to mail my amended which I did they got Tuesday the second. He stated he put on his calendar to call me in a week which he did today! And he said my code hasn’t posted yet so will check my acct Friday if not give it til Tuesday the 9th. But aren’t they supppse to speed up process??????? Or wait to the irs put the codes in and then tell them to expedite it??? I’m confused like reach out and tell them to work on my stuff

• #4321603
                                                                                                                                                                                                              Ej mom

My TA called this morning at 7am and left a brief message stating IRS is still processing my return and she will call me back within 30 days with any updates. Ummm it’s already been 30 days and now your saying maybe 30 more days OMG!! I tried calling her back and her Supv but of course it went to voicemail and I left messages, so we will see if/when they call me back. The only thing wrong with my return was I was over $700 on my AGI and fixed that, how hard is it to process that and mail a check, so frustrated with this entire situation.

• #4322001
                                                                                                                                                                                                                Tara

spoke to TA this morning and she shows they recieved my amended return 3/18 and it shows they adjusted 4/1 said to allow 2 weeks to see date. but she can see they released the hold

• #4321606
                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Ej mom

My TA called and left a brief message at 7am and said that IRS is still processing my return and she will call me with an update in 30 days, WHAT! It has been 30 days and now it’s going to be another 30 days!! OMG. Tried calling her back and her Supv but just got Voicemail and left messages, so I will see if/when they call me back. I was just over $700 on my AGI and corrected it and they have the amended return, not sure why it will take another 30 days!!!

• #4321540
                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Other Tara

@Confused ok gotcha. I have amended once before but I got my refund beforehand and then had to pay back the difference. Called TA this morning since its been 30 days since my amended was accepted, still waiting to hear back. We shall see….fingers crossed. Let us know when you get your check!

• #4321512
                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Confused

* amended amount including my original return amount I never got

• #4321511
                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Confused

@tara the only thing that changed was it updated to code 840 manual refund issued with the amended amount.. My as of amount shows the difference between my 2 returns

• #4321478
                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Andrea

My transcripts have not changed but it shows my amended received on the “where’s my ammended” page on 3/18

• #4321440
                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Tara

@confused… did your transcript ever reflect the changes in what you amended? Just curious

• #4321215
                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Danni
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                @dani

Ok thank you

• #4321210
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Confused

@danni I had 971 amended rwturn/claim fwded for processing 2/26/2019 and 977 amended return filed 2/26/2019 which updated to reflect that on 3/15 why it took so long for my transcript to update and show those codes I’m really jot sure and than this past Thursday it updated to 840 refund issued 3/26/2019 but my wmr never updated until this morning which reflects we have rcvd your return and it is processing we will update if anything changes with your return than when I click on contact us it shows tt 1581 so I have no clue what’s up with wmr lol.. But I do know mmy amended return never showed up on wmar site at all still til this day shows no amended returns filed

• #4321207
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Danni
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    @dani

Question even though you amended did the 9xx code show anytime on transcript or just Friday since your weekly??

• #4321020
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Confused

@ej mom that’s was mmy TA told me too and sure enough exactly 30 days after TA submitted my info I got 840 refund issued.. You will most likely get a release refund issued 4/4 :)

• #4320926
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Ej mom

My transcript did not update today( I’m weekly) they received my amended return on 3/4 so maybe I will see update next Friday. My TA is suppose to call me next week with an update.

• #4320922
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Myra myra

So I have following for a while, went through what a lot of you all explained.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Had one bar, then Take action 1541 message, and now on “Your tax return has been received and it is being processed”
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          I work from home and filed back on tax season opening day just as I always do. This year, I made triple my income. So I filed using my last stub, big mistake. The company tells us after filing season starts payroll screwed up the W2.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          So I waited and waited, received corrected W2. Amended tax return after being told by TA to send it in. I complete and send immediately. Today I get a letter from TA telling me to put a code on top of 1040X.

Dang, mine is already in the mail, due to be delivered today. Did I miss my chance for an expedited refund by not inputting the code? Y’all know??

• #4320921
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Confused

@danni mine is in check my TA explained that cause mine was expedited it had to be manually entered and when that happens you can’t get it by direct deposit

• #4320908
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Anj22

@edgar not unsolicited they don’t. Once you request a TA they call you.

• #4320902
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Danni
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                @dani

@confused yours being deposit or check?

• #4320901
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Danni
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  @dani

Congratulations confused

• #4320893
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  confused

@Other Tara it took my TA exactly 30 days to get it released I would maybe check with her on monday you can also call the 800 national number and see if there are any updates

• #4320892
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Other Tara

No update for me…I was a few days behind you @confused so maybe next week. Debating if I should call my TA and check on it or just leave it alone and let her do her work….

• #4320891
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      confused

My transcripts finally updated to 840 refund issued 3/26/2019 same day my TA called me and said mine was released.

• #4320814
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Tara

mine is now showing recieved on wmr on 3/18. hopefully it wont take long as I amended before my first refund was processed so should be easy correction

• #4320810
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Danni
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            @dani

Any update guys??

• #4320567
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Danni
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              @dani

No I called first for a ta and then one called me back

• #4320508
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Edgar
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                @gyella

[quote quote=4320456]1/19 filed
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                1/22 accepted
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                2/26 id verified
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                3/18 could see transcripts wasn’t n/a anymore
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                570 code for 4/1
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Called ta yesterday 3/26 stated someone will call in 5 days
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                3/27 someone called stated had to admend for withholding and add another w2 fax docs so he could go over that it was correct. Called back same day stated it is. Gave me mailing address and code to put on 1040x stayed to call back when I mail so he can look at acct in 7days if it’s has it will tell them to expedite and will have my refund in two weeks after.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                .
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Will Mail first thing in morning tomorrow 3/28 1day shipping and tracking number … will keep you guys updated[/quote]

i didn’t think the IRS called people on the phone. Are you sure you didn’t get scammed?

• #4320499
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Ej mom

I never had to mail my amended return, my TA just had me fax it to her and then she sent it to be processed and it shows on my transcript that they did receive it and started processing
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  It when she said she sent it to them. Hopefully we see updates soon.

• #4320456
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Danni
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    @dani

1/19 filed
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    1/22 accepted
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    2/26 id verified
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    3/18 could see transcripts wasn’t n/a anymore
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    570 code for 4/1
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Called ta yesterday 3/26 stated someone will call in 5 days
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    3/27 someone called stated had to admend for withholding and add another w2 fax docs so he could go over that it was correct. Called back same day stated it is. Gave me mailing address and code to put on 1040x stayed to call back when I mail so he can look at acct in 7days if it’s has it will tell them to expedite and will have my refund in two weeks after.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    .
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Will Mail first thing in morning tomorrow 3/28 1day shipping and tracking number … will keep you guys updated

• #4320444
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Danni
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      @dani

Nvm he called me back and gave mailing info and code to put on return. So will Mail first thing in morning will def keep you guys updated

• #4320434
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Danni
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        @dani

Yesterday called for. Ta. Stated put me in system and one will call me in 5 days. One called today stated I had to admend add my other w2 and change my withholding. So I just fax him my admend Ed stated will note account to check in 7 days if it’s has received it. But he did say once he go over it will give me a mailing address to send off. To speed up process do anyone know the mailing address to send amended returns?

• #4320323
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Danni
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          @dani

I just want to make sure I have this correct I don’t have to add new w2 I have up to 3 years to add them if I want? Correct?

• #4320259
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          SMMOLINA

On “Where’s my amended return?” It says that they received my amended return on 3/13. And it’s being processed. Allow 13 weeks for it to process.

• #4320258
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            SMMOLINA

@dani

I amended my return after my original return deposited into my account. HRB said that they messed up on my student credit.

• #4320190
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Ej mom

Finally got a call back from TA supv this morning and she said she can see that my amended return is being processed and It should be another 2 weeks and she sees a note from my TA that she is to call me next week with an update. My 570 code had a date of 3/4 and nothing happened until I spoke with TA and faxed her my amended return. My advice to some that are waiting is to try to speak with a TA it does not hurt and at least you will get more definitive answers and they can help, if needed. Will continue to update with any new info.

• #4320184
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Danni
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  @dani
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                • #4320144
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Confused

I had seen on other forums that if we are still in the hold status and our amended is filed it should go pretty quick and not take the 16 weeks they say

• #4320141
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Confused

@other Tara if your TA expedited you should have an update 4/1 or before fingers crossed

• #4320138
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Other Tara

Oh @Confused…you’re giving me hope! I’m crossing my fingers for my update. My 1040X was accepted 3/1.

• #4320115
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Confused

@everyone I finally got a call from my TA today saying my refund has been released and I should get my money within 5-10 days.. My TA submitted my amended return 2/26 so it took 30 days with them expediting it.. It’s coming guys and the TAs are working their magic

• #4320042
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Danni
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            @dani

I really don’t know what to do I have code 570 dated 4/1 I did if verify 2/26. I know I need to admend but I don’t know to do it now or wait til after 4/1 and see what transcripts says but I don’t want to wait any longer if by 4/1 it doesn’t change. I did leave a message I’ll just hope tax advocate call me back says leave a message and someone will call me back. I’m weekly so by Friday if nothing happens I’ll just Mail it off

• #4319990
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Confused

Sorry meant 971 not 972

• #4319989
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Confused

@ej mom I am in the same boat after my TA sent over my amended return my transcript updated to the 972 amended return/claim fwded for processing and 977 amended return filed with date 2/26/19.. I hope we get an update soon I am also weekly. The 800 advocate number told me the same thing we won’t see wmr or wmar update until after we already have our refunds in our accounts

• #4319980
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Ejmom

Yes, I have been checking WMR and Where’s my Amended refund/return and still nothing on where’s my amended return doesn’t even show they have received it but I know they have because it shows on my transcript. I was told that it will not show up on either site so useless to check.

• #4319915
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Danni
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    @dani

Do you guys check amended returns refund on the irs does that say anything?

• #4319912
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Ej mom

I filed and was accepted 1/28 but had EIC and CTC and had to wait, then had the 1541, called and was told my AIG did not match what IRS had and it was about $700 over and IRS would not adjust/fix and would need to file amended return, called and got a TA for hardship and she advised me to fax the amended return to her 3/4 she called few days later and said she had sent it to be processed but could take up to 12 weeks for refund. I have been checking transcripts and finally updated on 3/22 with the 971 and 977 codes stating amended return filed and processing on 3/6 just like TA told me and was told I would not see an update on WMR or where’s my amended return. So I will just check my transcripts on Friday (I’m weekly) and wait for an update, I really hope it’s not 12 weeks. I have called and left messages for my TA and she has yet to return my calls.

• #4319772
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Xav

I got acall from my ta on 3/14 and she said they were holding it because i messed up on my withholding and i needed to amend it. I did right away and sent it to her, called her immediately and she faxed it to the irs. She called me back this morning and said they fixed my income and she expects it to be released by the end of this week!! Fingers crosssed! I havent updated on wmr or wmar but i read somewhere that if a ta is having it expidited you wont update!

• #4319735
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Simona

Just got off the phone with the IRS about my amended return. They told me that since I had to ID verify for my original return, they won’t even begin processing my amendment until after my original 9 weeks from ID verify date is up (4/29). They told me that from 4/29 up to 16 weeks after that, my amended return should be processed either as a superceeding refund (will delete my original completely) or I will get a paper check as an amended return. I’m just going to wait it out and hope for the best. I wish everyone the best here, too! :)

• #4319648
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Confused

@chicagoannie the only thing I rcvd was a 4664c which said 69 day review but my transcript has never updated to notice sent

• #4319644
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Simona

@Alabamagal87

I had to amend my return, because my company was sold in 2015, but this years w2 was changed from my company’s previous name and Tax ID number, to a new Tax ID number and company name. I have been using turbo tax for 5 years and always used the same w2 info. I had to amend my tax return to the correct employment info.

• #4319643
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Confused

@chicagoannie my TA explained that they would not fix mine I had to that’s why I had to amend

• #4319642
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Confused

@chicagoannie I went off my last paystub since I never rcvd a w2 but when I finally got the w2 it was off because I had health ins coming out before taxes therefore what I claimed did not match what was filed with the irs and they wouldn’t tell me anything that’s why I went and got a ta especially cause I have a hardship and I thought from what the ta said he could speed things up since he asked for it to be expedited but still no update yet

• #4319641
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  chicagoannie

I should add – I plan to amend my return to correct the income error. Just don’t know if I should do it NOW or wait to see if IRS corrects my error during their review. 4464C letter dated 3/18.

• #4319640
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    chicagoannie

@confused…did ou over-report because of tax-free FSA funds? I used my last pay stub from my former job to file on 2/6 and ended up over-reporting my income by mistake because employer actually takes the FSA money off total income on W2 because it’s tax-free. I am under a 60 day review and am pretty sure this is why. So I am trying to decide if I should go thru a TA (getting shut off notices plus I had no income for 8 months due to health issue) but I am afraid if I file an amended return it will add even MORE time as my return hasn’t been processed yet – just put under review. So I am wondering did the IRS send you any letters about your over-reporting error?

• #4319639
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Harryt

I did for healthcare did it on 3/9 got approved yesterday for 3/27 so about two weeks I waited but I filed 1/24

• #4319637
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Confused

I had to get a Ta beuse I had the 570 hold code.. Spoke with TA on 2/25 he had me fax my amended return to him cause the irs would not fix my income seeing I over reported my income therefore sent it to him which he sent to irs same day along with request to expedite cause of hardship all he told me was it should take a couple weeks well on 3/15 my transcripts updated and showed code 971 and 977 which was amended return fwded for processing and amended return filed dated 2/26..last week I called the 800 national number for tax advocated because I have not seen an update and the mice man told me that my advocate was working on it and he saw where the irs rcvd my amended and it was processing he explained that I would not see an update on wmr or wmar prob cause when it’s being expedited its sent to another depart to me manually entered therefore I would most likely get my refund before the systems update so now I’m wondering if it’s also the same with transcripts.. Idk what is going in or why it’s taking so long

• #4319617
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Danni
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            @dani

Same thing I’m saying I’m going to wait til I get letter then do it they usually fix the problem. I didn’t add a w2 I’ll amend when I get my refund

• #4319605
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Alabamagal87

If you all don’t mind me asking why exactly did you all have to file an amended return? I may need to do one as well but I don’t want to if It’s not necessary or if not required to I want my money don’t want to jump the gun and screw something up.

• #4319598
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Simona

Mailed amended return 3/07 via certified mail
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Tracking shows it was received at IRS 3/13

No updates on WMAR to date

Also, never received my original return which was $156 more than amended return. Code 9001 on WMR to date.

• #4319292
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Xav

Thats ridiculous!! Do you have the TA due to a hardship, because arent they supposed to help you fast?? I’m scared now, my advocate made me amend mine also and said it usually takes about two weeks. I hope it doesnt take longer :(

Viewing 156 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              • The forum ‘2019 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.