Filed and accepted 1/25

Home Forums General Discussion 2016 Tax Season Filed and accepted 1/25

• This topic has 169 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by pagelsm.
  • Topic Starter
    Pagelsm

Just went in this morning at 9:45 to get my taxes done at h&r block and federal was accepted at 10:35. No update on state so far. We will see.

Viewing 166 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        pagelsm

still waiting…
          hoping I will get an update sometime this week, got my return transcript in the mail
          20160705 was my cycle code and there were no other error codes or anything.

Sltiesvae

Filed 1/25

I received a letter in the mail on Feb 22. Stated that my form 8962 was missing from my return. So I faxed everything back to them 2/24. Has anyone else received this letter about healthcare. And has anyone received their refund yet. I’m beginning to think that when the system crashed that they lost any and all returns they may have been working on at that time. Also stated that I had to send 2nd page of form 1040 to them as well.

Terry cow

Will child support take money before dd are after dd got a date of wed 24

pagelsm

Could it be???

I filed 1/25 and was accepted same day within an hour
                I had one bar until 1/27 when it disappeared along with my refund amount
                and tax topic 152 appeared.

it stayed that same way until last saturday or the day before, I can’t remember.
                the amount returned and tt 152 disappeared.

throughout this whole process I have not been able to order either transcripts, although I can use my old address to order past years transcripts.

when I called the customer service line they 2/17 told me that there was a small error in my account which was corrected and there were no letters sent out and nothing to do on my part.

She said that I should expect it within the next week or two

Hopefully she is correct and I today am starting to believe it!

Finally able to order return transcript today 2/20!

Grace

Never got a letter just called on my 21st day

pagelsm

So I decided to call the IRS this morning because my 21 days have been up for a couple days now (filed and accepted 1/25)

I had one bar until 1/27 when it disappeared along with my refund amount
                    and tax topic 152 appeared.

it stayed that same way until either yesterday or the day before, I can’t remember.
                    the amount returned and tt 152 disappeared.

throughout this whole process I have not been able to order either transcripts, although I can use my old address to order past years transcripts.

today when I called the customer service line they told me that there was a small error in my account which was corrected and there were no letters sent out and nothing to do on my part.

She said that I should expect it within the next week or two

Hopefully she is telling me the truth =/ I hate waiting this long, i’ve had two years that I had to wait until june and july, last year it was only two weeks though..

Pete

I’m seeing a lot of people that have been “selected”. I almost want to call BS. I know the IRS is under staffed and they’ve had their share of problems this year.

As previously posted, I was flagged for having 3 W2’s. Even though the guy I was talking to was nice to talk to, I’m wondering if we’re getting excuses while they play catch-up… It doesn’t make sense that he would have mentioned a program to help if not getting my refund when expected is available for financial hardship…

I would much rather hear that they fell behind than I’m being reviewed for keeping a job (2 of the W2’s were for the same job, the original employer got bought out in February and began bombing in July and I got out in November).

I guess getting pissed won’t help matters, so I’ll wait as I’m not completely broke.

Baker

@ grace… did you get a letter in the mail?

Grace

Filed and accepted jan. 25th. Lost bar’s last Friday but I still have the topic 152. Today is the 21st say. So I called and asked if I needed to do an id verification and I did. I did my verification online due to it being a holiday. She told me it can take up to 6weeks. Yet other people have been getting them within 2 weeks. Hoping for the best. Did anyone else do a online id verification?

Pete

I talked to someone at the IRS today as today was day 21. Apparently it can take me up to 2 months to get anything back because I was flagged for having three W2’s this year… Okay then…

Pete

Here it is, day 21. According to the IRS website, they’ll be open from 7-7 today. I’ll definitely be calling to see what’s up. My bars are still missing but I do still have the tax topic 152 and I was able to order transcripts.

Pagelsm

Woke up to an update this morning, not really sure if it’s a good one though.

Have been sitting at no bars since 1/27 and I filed 1/25 accepted same day
                                Today the tt 152 disappeared as well.
                                What does that mean

Anonymous

So not only did us 1 25ers get stuck in the loop, President day is Monday so we actually have to wait till Tuesday, ie,22 days,not 21…..

Baker

No more bars just this..

Your tax return is still being processed.

A refund date will be provided when available.

The irs is open on Monday and this Saturday the 13th 9am to 5pm. Monday is a holiday but it’s the busiest week of tax season go figure

Pete

I really hope those of us accepted on 1/25 get some sort of update soon… Even though I’m not depending on my refund for anything major, it would be nice to maybe use some to pay down my car or pay something ahead.

All of this waiting with zero updates is starting to kill me…

Anonymous

Still no movement ,filed on 1-25,just one bar and can’t order a transcript. …
                                        So the kicker? The 21 day mark is Monday the 15th and the IRS is closed…so I actually gotta wait 22 days ……

descored
                                          @descored

Here we go I filed 1/24 around 9am via tax preparer. I was officially accepted 1/25. I have been stuck on 1 bar ever since. I contacted irs and the tax advocate last week. Each person gave the a new meaning to stone wall. This may be someone else problem this is why I’m sharing. I somehow over the past couple years ended up with identity theft on my account. Basically anytime I need transcripts I have to go into the irs to get them. Mind you I have a daughter in college who needs them. I always have to take the day off to get transcripts. Today I have been reading about the id verify and the light bulb lit up. I moved last year so there is no way I would have received a letter. I never had to verify before. My 21 days will be up Monday so I said what heck lets call in and see if I need to. Low and behold I verified my identity today. The lady was nice, she verified my identity and then said she release my refund. The next statement was I will recieve either the refund or a letter within 9 weeks. I said letter, what kind of letter???? She then stated don’t worry about the letter you will get your money in 1 to 2 weeks. Will keep you posted hope this may help someone in a similar boat.

baker

Still no movement on 1/25 filing date. Called this morning IRS rep would not give any details said to call back when 21 days are up. No offsets and able to order transcripts last week. Anyone heard anything? I have one bar saying they have received the refund. Ive not received any letters either. Very frustrating!

Anonymous

I filed and accepted 1/27 still only 1 bar as of now 12:22am :(. Turbo taxed updated new message. Anyone else still waiting??

Pete

Everybody who is in the accepted 1/25 and still no movement on WMR boat – I feel your pain. I understand security measures but this is painfully slow.

I feel that they’re quick to take money out of each paycheck, they should make our refunds just as slick as well.

Here’s hoping we get some sort of movement soon (but I doubt…)

Latisha
                                                  @lchevallier

1/25 – Filed and accepted with TT
                                                  2/5 – ordered return transcript
                                                  2/6 – WMR updated
                                                  2/10 – DDD
                                                  2/10 – Money in my bank account

Anonymous

Filed: 1/26 (turbotax)
                                                    Accepted: 1/26
                                                    Your refund is being processed….since 1/27
                                                    Return Transcript ordered: 2/5
                                                    Still no movement on WMR and no DD either.

I thought if I was able to order my return transcript that meant my refund had been processed? So why the delay in DDD and movement on the WMR? Can a tax advocate look at my account even though it hasn’t been the 21 days?

Anonymous

I filed 1-25 also and cant even order a transcript yet.
                                                      1 bar and Ive been there since the 25….sheesh/

justv

Filed: 1/25
                                                        Accepted: 1/25
                                                        Return Transcript: 2/5
                                                        Approved: 2/6
                                                        DDD: 2/10
                                                        SBTPG: 2/9 SBBT received my funds from the treasury (Filing fee taken out of tax return)
                                                        Deposit hit my bank account: 2/10
                                                        WMR: Still at 2 bars

If your still waiting on your deposit it will be there soon…more than likely sometime throughout the day…a lot of refunds went out today

Kat

Has anyone that had a DDD of 2/10 gotten their money? So far the WMR is still on the 2nd bar.

I’m going to be so mad if it isn’t on there soon!

justv

because of the extra security steps taken this year…you would imagine that someone who has been use to just pressing buttons to get a return process and have a hard time this year getting it through the system…old habit can be hard to break…i thing what we are seeing to how its suppose to be….you can ready a few article online saying how the days of fast returns are going due to the tax fraud and identity theft that has been happening…the longer wait is protecting us…good thing IRS is sticking by their 21 day rule….I think we have just been spoiled over the last few years….I ordered account transcripts after I filed and receved it in the mail yesterday… if there was a problem you would know it…..you’ll be hearing something soon if you haven’t yet

Anonymous

Filed 1-25
                                                              Approved 1-25
                                                              No movement since on wmr and no transcript available
                                                              Hr block nc

justv

SBTPG: 2/9 (Filing fee taken out of tax return)
                                                                Deposit: Waiting

Most of you all still waiting for approval should have an update no later than Saturday morning

Baker

Filed 1/25
                                                                  Approved Fed/State with in a half hour.
                                                                  Stuck on one bar as of 2/9 still no movement.
                                                                  Return over 5k
                                                                  Called IRS 2/8 after a half hour wait only to be told I would have to wait until the 21 days as they can only see what I see… Really? Hmm something just seems a bit off this year with returns. I understand the fraud check and the “system” going down but really people who filed before another getting theirs sooner. That’s legit right?

Sltiesvae

Filed state and federal 1/25
                                                                    State approved 2/1
                                                                    State deposited 2/9. Without any notice at all

Still no movement on federal. Tired of waiting.

State PA

tiffany

Filed and accepted 1/25
                                                                      Obtained Maryland state approval 1/29 and fund in my possession already
                                                                      1bar for federal as of today 2/8 with amount over 5k.
                                                                      sucks my federal is still on one bar processing. hopefully soon.

pagelsm

still waiting as well.
                                                                        accepted 1/25
                                                                        no bars
                                                                        asdfakdgdflgknsdfkndfg

• #4134138
                                                                        Kristi

Anyone still waiting for DDD and still waiting to order your 2015 return transcript? I was accepted on 1/25 but still no movement and people that I know that filed after me are getting their deposits.

• #4133446
                                                                          justv

You all the filed 1/25 will becoming up soon…..if there was a problem you would already know…You’re almost there…..So long as the economy doesn’t crash within the next week you should be good….start planning all of you money isn’t gone in a week…good luck

• #4133308
                                                                            Grace

still no DDD!! I can’t get my transcripts, And I am still stuck on one bar…..I filed on the 25th so 21 day is the 15th. This is just nuts it only took 10 days last year….

• #4133181
                                                                              Pete

Still stuck at one bar. I know they say it can take 21 days, but it has never taken this long to get my refund… I really want to get a few things paid ahead so I’m not always living paycheck to paycheck…

• #4132784
                                                                                Sltiesvae

Filed 1/25
                                                                                  Accepted 1/25
                                                                                  Ordered account Trans 2/4

Still no return transcript. Stuck on one bar with topic 152. This sucks. Hoping to see update tomorrow. WAITING SUCKS.

• #4132479
                                                                                  Jose

My taxes was received on 1/25 and it still shows received, y is it taking so long to get my money !

• #4132117
                                                                                    Tracey

I filed and accepted on January 25th. Checked WMR this morning and I have a DDD of 10 February. I hope you all see something soon!

• #4132002
                                                                                      Trish

Filed on 1 /25 accepted minutes later still no ddd unable to order return transcript as well. I hope all of us that didn’t get the update this morning will get one soon!

• #4132000
                                                                                        Grace

I filed jan 2577th and accepted same say. Still no !!! And still at one bar. Praying it is approved tomorrow or money would love to have my taxes for my birthday 2/12 or v-day

• #4131925
                                                                                          descored
                                                                                            @descored

@Kristi

Filed my taxes via a tax preparermy taxes on 1/24 and according to tax preparer I accepted on 1/25. WMR is still showing only one bar…..you’re not along

• #4131861
                                                                                            J. Baker

Filed and accepted on 1/25. Received update today for DDD 2/10. My bank usually releases funds 2 days earlier. Hoping for a Monday but will settle for Wednesday…

• #4131808
                                                                                              Pete

@kris I’m in the same boat. Filed and accepted 1/25 and still at one bar…

• #4131764
                                                                                                Kristi

I filed my taxes on turbo tax on 1/24 and was accepted on 1/25. WMR is still showing only one bar…..anyone else in the same boat?

• #4131745
                                                                                                  Anonymous

Still on one bar
                                                                                                    filed 1-25 hr block

• #4131582
                                                                                                    Squall

Fed Filed 1/25
                                                                                                      State Filed 1/25

Fed Accepted 1/25
                                                                                                      State Accepted 1/26

Fed Approved 2/6
                                                                                                      State Approved 2/2

Fed DDD 2/10
                                                                                                      State DDD 2/5

State=NY

• #4131578
                                                                                                      Latisha
                                                                                                        @lchevallier

It looks like most of us received the same message this morning on WMR. Refund has been approved as of 2/6/2016 and will be deposited on 2/10/2016. I would love to see it deposited a couple of days sooner, that would be awesome. Good luck to everyone still waiting and congrats to everyone who finally got 2 bars. I will update when I get my actual deposit.

• #4131554
                                                                                                        Jay

When I checked this morning, I was also on two bars with an expected date of Feb. 10th.

• #4131259
                                                                                                          Jacob

I filed on 1/25 and got accepted the same day. I had been stuck on 1 bar on WMR until this morning! I have a DDD for 2/10!!! Yayy I hope this helps.

• #4131042
                                                                                                            Mariel

Another 1/25 filer with a second bar this morning and DD date of 2/10.
                                                                                                              State refund deposited on 2/3.

• #4131036
                                                                                                              Kat

Got a 2nd bar and a DDD of 2/10!

• #4130942
                                                                                                                pashun

filed 1/25 with TT
                                                                                                                  accepted within an hour
                                                                                                                  finally approved 2/5
                                                                                                                  DDD 2/10

• #4130929
                                                                                                                  Jackie S

Jackie S. GA????????????
                                                                                                                    You all were right as of 4 am I’m approved Ddd2/10
                                                                                                                    Filed 1/25 hr
                                                                                                                    The wait is over!!!

• #4130878
                                                                                                                    Kat

WMR is down again!

• #4130705
                                                                                                                      Jay

I also did my return on the 25th and was excepted same day. Still stuck on one bar. I see others are having the same problem. If anyone gets their return or sees a change on WMR could you please post. It will let the rest of us know something is happening. Thanks

• #4130693
                                                                                                                        Kat

Filed 1/25 and was accepted the same day. H&R blocks website says the IRS is preparing my refund but the WMR is stuck on one bar. I have not gotten a DDD.

Sick of waiting.

• #4130638
                                                                                                                          Patiently impatient

Approved: 1/25
                                                                                                                            Still on one bar tt 152
                                                                                                                            Able to order account transcripts last week but still unable to order return transcript. Really hoping to get an update tonight even though I can’t order the return transcript.

• #4130617
                                                                                                                            cassie

filed jan 25, accepted jan 27th….still not approved and sitting at one bar.
                                                                                                                              I recieved my state last wed. so i was hoping my fed would be approved by now.

• #4130402
                                                                                                                              Reggie

I filed using tax act jan 22 around 8pm called the irs and they said it was accepted jan 25 in Va no ddd still at return recieved anybody have the same issue ?

• #4130273
                                                                                                                                LT

I filed on 1/25 with turbo tax. It was accepted an hour later. My sister did hers on the 27th. I expected to get my DD today… Didn’t happen got a text from my sister this morning, she got hers. I checked again this morning, and mine is still at one bar.

• #4130146
                                                                                                                                  pagelsm

I wish I had been able to order transcripts like some of you…
                                                                                                                                    still sitting at no bars and tt 152, havent had any kind of update since last 1/27

• #4130025
                                                                                                                                    Ashh

I filed 1/25 and was finally able to order my return transcript as well, ddd of 2/10

• #4130010
                                                                                                                                      mjay1230

I filed my taxes on 1/25. was accepted the same day. i couldnt order my return transcript until this morning. Nothing new on wmr.. anyone get a ddd yet?

• #4129958
                                                                                                                                        Loc

Same here.. Maybe we can hope for our DD on monday? Filed 1/25 as well.

• #4129938
                                                                                                                                          Anonymous

Like others I was finally able to order return transcripts this morning! Filed 1/25

Is this site being janky for anyone else? I can’t get any threads to load. It took 20 minutes just to get to this one :/

• #4129930
                                                                                                                                            Jtroutt

Able to order my return transcripts this morning as well. Filed and accepted on 1/25. WMR still shows one bar, however.

• #4129929
                                                                                                                                              Loc

Well no DD today unfortunately =(, hopefully next week.

• #4129890
                                                                                                                                                Latisha
                                                                                                                                                  @lchevallier

@Jenn

Same here! I was able to order my return transcript this morning at 6:20 AM (central time)
                                                                                                                                                  Filed and accepted on 1/25
                                                                                                                                                  Hopefully we will have are dd date in the morning.
                                                                                                                                                  Best of Luck everyone

• #4129779
                                                                                                                                                  Jenn
                                                                                                                                                    @jennjamm

Finally able to get return transcripts! I hope this means a ddd very soon!
                                                                                                                                                    Filed 1/25
                                                                                                                                                    Accepted 1/25
                                                                                                                                                    Account transcripts 1/29
                                                                                                                                                    Return transcripts 2/5

• #4129385
                                                                                                                                                    Stacey

My fiancé and I both filed on 1/25 at the same time. He got his money on 2/3 but I am still sitting at one bar. Who knows when I’ll see mine! lol

• #4129310
                                                                                                                                                      Sir Readsalot

@ Jackie S.

Here is the source for your article:
                                                                                                                                                        https://www.irs.gov/uac/Newsroom/IRS-Statement-on-Experiencing-Systems-Outage

this is LEGIT, and everyone got worked up and making statements that were 100% not true for NOTHING. so lets all calm down and look forward to getting those returns :)

• #4129305
                                                                                                                                                        Jackie S. GA

?Updated IRS Statement
                                                                                                                                                          Feb. 4, 2016 – 6 p.m. EST
                                                                                                                                                          The IRS announced it resumed processing individual and business tax returns at approximately 5 p.m. Thursday following resolution of its system outage. Many of the tools and applications came up earlier on Thursday morning, including “Where’s My Refund” on IRS.gov.
                                                                                                                                                          “IRS teams worked throughout the night and around the clock on this system outage,” IRS Commissioner John Koskinen said. “Our processing systems are back in business. Taxpayers should see little, if any, impact on their tax returns or refunds. We apologize for the inconvenience this caused, and we appreciate the support and patience from taxpayers as well as our partners in the tax community and state revenue departments.”
                                                                                                                                                          The IRS emphasized that taxpayers do not need to take any additional steps or action due to the outage, including people who filed just before or during the outage. Throughout this period, taxpayers were able to continue to send their tax returns to their e-file provider; these companies have already started sending these tax returns into the IRS.
                                                                                                                                                          Taxpayers who have received a specific refund date from the “Where’s My Refund?” tool on IRS.gov should not be affected by the outage. The IRS reminds taxpayers that many variables factor into processing of tax refunds, including fraud prevention efforts, but we continue to anticipate that nine out of 10 taxpayers will receive their refunds within 21 days after being accepted by the IRS. In addition, the IRS reminds taxpayers that IRS.gov remains the best place to check for information on refunds. Additional information is available at: https://www.irs.gov/Refunds/What-to-Expect-for-Refunds-This-Year
                                                                                                                                                          The IRS is continuing to examine the underlying cause of the outage yesterday as well as monitoring any follow-up issues. It’s important to note that at this time this situation appears to be a hardware failure.

• #4129255
                                                                                                                                                          Anonymous

I also filed 1/25 accepted less then an hour after filing. Still on one bar. I called IRS today, a nice but confused sounding woman told me she couldn’t find my return but said because it was being processed….

• #4129244
                                                                                                                                                            Anonymous

I usually don’t comment on these posts, just come to stay updated but i see a lot of people with the same issue as me. I filed 1/25, spoke a woman at the irs today and she said not only did they not receive my return until the 27th but mine along with 100s of others was selected for further review and i should add another week onto the 21 days. It doesn’t mean it will take this long but it doesn’t mean it won’t either

• #4128871
                                                                                                                                                              fred

I filed 1/18/16 fed accepted 1/19/16 and still on 1 bar.

• #4128738
                                                                                                                                                                Cindy

Filed on 1/24/16 late at night. Accept on 1/25/16 wasn’t seeing any progress until this morning when my return was approved and says will be refunded via DD by 2/8/16.

• #4128708
                                                                                                                                                                  Lex

I filed mine on 01/27 with turbo tax and it was accepted, just about an hour later. Where is my refund page is still on the first bar too… I am really hoping that the 02/05 date is correct? Has anyone that filed on the 27th received theirs back yet?

• #4128687
                                                                                                                                                                    taylor

Chelsea. I filed mine on 1/26. Still at one bar on wmr and still can’t order return transcript. I’m reading a lot that some people aren’t getting updates from wmr but will still get DDD of 2/5. Just check your bank account tomorrow to be sure. I’m not expecting mine until next week…just so I don’t get my hopes up.

• #4128656
                                                                                                                                                                      Chelsea

I used turbo tax. Filed mine on January 27th and federal was accepted a few hours later. Going by the calendar on the irs website, I should get mine tomorrow 2/5. My bar is still on the first part. Anyone that filed theirs thru turbotax on jan 27th, what does it say for you? I need that money bad cuz I have to move and have no money for the deposit.

• #4128376
                                                                                                                                                                        Leah00

@Jessa78

Super jealous!

I filed with TT 1/25 and accepted same day. Stuck at one bar! I just want a DDD!!!

• #4128292
                                                                                                                                                                          Jessa78

I filed 1/25 with TA. Paid fee with credit card. Accepted within a few minutes. Have been at 1 bar…until this morning. WMR shows DDD date of Feb 8. I have to say I was a little concerned after last night’s news story.

• #4128080
                                                                                                                                                                            Jackie S GA

?

Feb. 3, 2016

The IRS experienced a hardware failure this afternoon affecting a number of tax processing systems, which are currently unavailable. Several of our systems are not currently operating, including our modernized e-file system and a number of other related systems. The IRS is currently in the process of making repairs and working to restore normal operations as soon as possible. We anticipate some of the systems will remain unavailable until tomorrow.

The IRS remains in close contact with e-file software transmitters and the tax community during this period.
                                                                                                                                                                              A number of taxpayer and tax practitioner tools are unavailable. IRS.gov remains available, although a number of the services on the site are not, including Where’s My Refund.

Taxpayers can continue to prepare and file their tax returns as they normally would. Taxpayers can continue to send their tax returns to their e-file provider; these companies will hold the tax returns until the IRS resumes accepting electronic tax returns. Taxpayers who have already filed their tax returns do not need to take any additional action.

The IRS is still assessing the scope of the outage. At this time, the IRS does not anticipate major refund disruptions; we continue to expect that 9 out of 10 taxpayers will receive their refunds within 21 days.

• #4127972
                                                                                                                                                                              Loc

Hopefully that doesn’t affect those who previously filed but honestly I’m getting the feeling that it’s going to take the full 21 days if not more..

• #4127905
                                                                                                                                                                                Jennifer

This sucks…
                                                                                                                                                                                  WASHINGTON (AP) — The IRS stopped accepting electronically filed tax returns Wednesday because of problems with some of its computer systems. The outage could affect refunds, but the agency said it doesn’t anticipate “major disruptions.”

A “hardware failure” forced the shutdown of several tax processing systems, including the e-file system, the IRS said in a statement. The IRS.gov website remains available, but “where’s my refund” and other services are not working.

Some systems will be out of service at least until Thursday, the agency said. “The IRS is currently in the process of making repairs and working to restore normal operations as soon as possible,” the IRS said.

Taxpayers can continue to send electronic returns to companies that serve as middlemen between taxpayers and the IRS. But those companies have to hold on to the tax returns until the IRS systems are up and running again, the IRS said.

While the IRS said it is still assessing the scope of the outage, it expects 90% of taxpayers will receive refunds within three weeks.

People who have already filed returns don’t need to do anything more, the IRS said.

• #4127583
                                                                                                                                                                                  Loc

I hope we can expect the 2/5 date to hold up..

• #4127518
                                                                                                                                                                                    Katrina

“Bonnie” sure, he’s entitled to an opinion, however, he doesn’t have to come on here and attempt to shame people. Haven’t you ever heard if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything? Everyone is on here for the same reasons; looking for answers, upset about how long it is taking this year. It seems that is the purpose for this page, to gather information and network with others who are in the same boat. I think what I said previously about skipping over what doesn’t apply to you only makes sense.

• #4127472
                                                                                                                                                                                      Anonymous

I filed on the 25th, said it was accepted same day but when I called yday they said they received it on the 27th. I did not claim the AOC credit so I wonder what the hold up is

Chris is Cali

• #4127470
                                                                                                                                                                                        mike

Filed 1/25 accepted 1/25 dd 2/3 recv refund today mine still says waiting to be sent

• #4126851
                                                                                                                                                                                          Anonymous

I filed on the 25th, and from reading on here heard some grumblings about re-sequencing and the American Opportunity Credit causing delays, I called yesterday and was told I was re-cycled. I didn’t get any extra information from that agent and just left the conversation knowing j was going to be delayed. Decided to call this morning and find out more information. I first asked her when I was accepted and if that was the same day as them receiving it and she said yes it is. I asked about the AOC and she did say that some people who filed the credit were being reviewed since people would claim the credit and not have the 1098T. Then I asked how long does that usually delay the process and she said for me it would only be another week, as long as nothing else popped up. At the end of the conversation after I mentioned the delay of a week again she said “so from the 27th, is that the day you filed?” And I said no I filed on the 25th, which confirmed the 24-48 delay in accept and receiving that I asked her about earlier.

TL;DR: Even though we filed on 1/25, they probably didn’t actual accept it until the 27th. If you filed the American Oppprtunith Credit, you may be being reviewed.

• #4126812
                                                                                                                                                                                            Jen

Filed and accepted on 1/25/16 – 1 freakin bar!

• #4126705
                                                                                                                                                                                              Carmen

I got accepted Jan 26th and nothing yet,no approval,im a first timer in filing.

• #4126591
                                                                                                                                                                                                Latisha
                                                                                                                                                                                                  @lchevallier

TT has updated to 20% of people that have filed on 1/25 has received. I’m not one of the lucky 20% this round, but congrats to those who may have received already.

• #4126283
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Loc

You obviously took the time to read and post here Bob, so shut the fuck up.

• #4126205
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Tammy

Bob shut up your pathetic for taking the time to read all this bs t

• #4126112
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Meechie

@Bonnie Are you Bob? (didn’t think to hard on the name?)
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Katrina is right! Bob is it hurting you that we are calling the IRS? Everyone understand that the time-frame is 21 DAYS but were hoping for a date before than!!!! This is our money so we can do what ever to find out what is going on!

• #4126099
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Bonnie

@katrina, bob is entitled to his opinion, as are you.

• #4126097
                                                                                                                                                                                                          Katrina

Bob, piss off. If they wanna call 100 times a day, it’s not your concern. If they post every hour on here to vent or whatever, it’s not YOUR concern. Just look over what doesn’t apply to you. Worry about yourself. You don’t know the situation everyone is in, they’ve worked all year for it.

• #4126045
                                                                                                                                                                                                            Bob

You people that call the IRS (and repeatedly) before the 21 day time frame, and check WMR all day, are fucking pathetic. You’ll get your money.

Yea, it’s taking longer than last year as they had massive budget cuts that resulted in a hell of a lot less employees to process MILLIONS of returns.

Take a fucking break and go do something productive. If it hasn’t been 21 days since you were accepted (starting on the 19th) stop fucking calling them!!!

• #4126040
                                                                                                                                                                                                              impatient

I filed 1-25 & was accepted 1-25 as well. I can order my account transcript but not my return. So u think we will get an update tonite??? Keep us posted please

• #4125368
                                                                                                                                                                                                                Sidney

I filed 1/22 and still no dd was able to order my account transcript but not my return hoping to get that 2nd bar soon

• #4125254
                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Ashley B.

Filed and accepted 1/25. Missouri State was deposited this morning. WMR on 1 Bar, TT152, Etc. Was able to order account trannys under hubbys ssn yesterday under our old address. Now it is not accepting either address so I cannot check for return tranny. Wondering if that’s a good sign or no, since they could be updating address information possibly. Checked for things under my ssn but ofcourse he is primary so I have to use his. Starting to get frustrated. Was hoping for a DDD of 2/5 but who knows now.

• #4124511
                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Jackie S.

I filed the the 25th everything was accepted the 26th I only have one bar online. I tried to get my transcripts and it wasn’t available so I called and they had to update my address but said they should be available to everyone by the 9th of February because they didn’t start processing til the 19th. I asked if anything else was wrong he said no I just got off the phone at 730 est 2/1/16

• #4124307
                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Crystal

Alright, so I called the IRS today because I received a letter from Indiana DOR to verify my identity further. I completed the quiz and now it seems my state is actually doing something. Last year o hadnto do the same thing but I already had my federal refund before I got the letter from Indiana. So I decided this year to call because I have not received any updates. Unable to order transcripts with new address , still have 1 bar and same tax topic as always. So long story short I called the IRS, the nice guy I talked to said that I had been resequenced by a week. He said it could be sooner but the resequence could be because of my refund over 5k or change of address etc, so maybe next week I will see some movement.

• #4124035
                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Richmond

Seem like if you filed early they are not approving and getting Dds only people who filed after 1-20-16… I filed on 1-14-2016 my 21 days are up. But still only one bar.

• #4122578
                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Michele

Yes @Tamika but from what I’ve been told you need to be able to order Return transcripts as well. Everyone is saying when you can order both you will receive a DD date the next day.

• #4122563
                                                                                                                                                                                                                            pagelsm

I’ve been checking wmr on and off every day and no updates still
                                                                                                                                                                                                                              no bars after having one for a day or say, the “your tax return is still being processed and a date will be given when available” message is still there.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                              no refund amount.

but it seems like every day it changes a couple times throughout the day the ability to order transcripts from prior years keeps coming and going.

haven’t been able to order anything using my current address, but every now and then when I check, I can use my previous address and get access to the transcripts menu, unable to order anything for this year.

lame

• #4122535
                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Adam

Checked this morning and I had tax tax topic 152 on the WMR site. Hopefully this is a good sign.

• #4122503
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                tamika

@Michelle are u able to order your account transcript?

• #4122488
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Michele

Filed 1/25
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    1 bar still processing

I went back and looked at my prior year returns, I always receive my refund about 6-10 days after filing. I think i always update on a Monday though. Do you all think there will be a big update tomorrow ?

• #4122316
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    tamika

Hey I filed my taxes January 25 2016 & was accepted the 26th & I have only one bar on WMR & I cant get my transcript. Anybody else havin the same problem?

• #4122029
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      jennifer

Filed the 25th, and was accepted within 5 minutes, on both State and Federal. However the bar has not moved to give a date, and state is still in “processing” mode.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Turbrotax though states between Jan 26th and Feb 15th.

Last year I had received my federal really fast, on Feb 4th, can’t remember exactly my filing date, but it was on day 6 that I got it at 2 am. State did not come till March 11th.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        I don’t mind the wait on state, but wish federal bar changed and gave a date lol.

• #4120320
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Adam

Filed on the 25th around noon. Accepted an hour later and have been one bar ever since. I have no offsets with no deductions just claiming single with an EIC credit. Very standard. NYS refund site says my refund is in the final stages of proccessing. Checked WMR and no update, although the past 2 years I have gotten my return in exactly 10 days.

• #4120293
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Tiff

Filed and accepted 1/25
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Obtained Maryland state approval 1/29
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            1bar for federal as of a moment ago 1/30 with amount over 5k.

• #4120238
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Kevin

Filed and accepted 1/25

Received two bars on wmr this morning. Ddd 2/3

• #4120165
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Jenn
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                @jennjamm

@jtroutt
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                in previous years we could read our transcripts online and get our ddd before wmr would update.

This year they only allow mailing of them. The theory behind it is, if you can get your account transcript that means they are actually in the process of processing them or have processed them so your info is available. If you can also get your return transcript it should mean your done processing and have been approved for a ddd. So long story short, if you can order both you should have a ddd at the next wmr update, if not you won’t. But the ability to order one lets you know stuff is moving :)

• #4120135
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                pagelsm

So just a little while earlier this morning was still able to use my old address to access my old transcripts but not my new ones for 2015, but now I cant use my new or old address to access anything..

• #4120081
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Jtroutt

Im sorry if I sound retarded. But what does your transcript have to do with checking the status of your return? And what is an offset that I read you all talking about?

• #4120037
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Loc

Damn grats on those who got DDD

Filed 1/25 and accepted but still only 1 bar booo

• #4120016
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Jenn
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        @jennjamm

Was able to order account transcript yesterday 1/29 and today it tells me info doesn’t match. I was hoping for a ddd this morning but woke up to be locked out of transcripts. Hopefully it means movement!

• #4119920
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        dic hung lo

@nikki this is the number for offsets 1 800-304-3107

• #4119912
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          nikki

Around 530 am I got a ddd of 2/3 I filed and was accepted on 1/25 unfortunately It now says tax topic 203 something about offsets who do I call about the amount of said offset?

• #4119752
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Thankful

Filed 1/25
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Approved 1/25
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Received DDD of 2/3 shortly after midnight. Good luck to all of you!!

• #4119652
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Anonymous

PLEASE HELP anyone my question is has anyone that has been rejected by the IRS and told that your efile was not approved been able to order their new transcripts for this year?

• #4119646
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Pagelsm

Just checked my transcripts and since I’ve filed it wouldn’t let me order any transcripts because my information didn’t match their records, I tried the two most recent addresses and nothing, but tonight right after midnight I got into the transcripts menu by using my old address but nothing available for this year . I wonder why this is..

• #4119612
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Latisha
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    @lchevallier

I filed with TurboTax on the 1/25 and was accepted both state and federal the same day. No changes yet. I cannot order a return transcript so I know it hasn’t been approved yet. Will update when I have an update.

• #4119539
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Crystal

@Jodi

Awesome!!! Mine would only take my old address yesterday but now it won’t take my old or my new. I am hoping that means it is processing and I get an update soon.

• #4119493
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Jodi

Still no update on wmr but was able to order my account transcripts!!

• #4119476
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Pagelsm

Still no new updates for me, got locked out today because I’m impatient and was really hoping for an update like other 1/25 filers but no luck for me…
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          I’m hopeful though, last year was the fastest refund I’ve gotten in three years as compared to a couple before that took until June or July.

• #4119444
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Kim

@Roberta You don’t need to act like that

• #4119431
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Roberta

@Kim- don’t ask dumb questions and you won’t get dumb answers. We don’t know what state you live in, nor do we know their process. We aren’t psychics. Google it.

• #4119394
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Kim

Filed tt on 1-22-2016 federal was accepted 1-22-2016 state got accepted 1-26-2016 anyone know when I should get my state

• #4119156
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Mnm0826

E-filed with HR block on 1/25/16
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Accepted within 5 minutes
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Ddd- n/a

As of this morning WMR is still at one bar. I truly believe they only update once a week (this could be inaccurate, just my opinion) but last year I got my refund and bars never updated. Mine always takes about 2-3 weeks, I’ve never got a super fast return, lol. Good luck all!

• #4119091
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  AW

Filed: 1/25/16
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Accepted: 1/25/16
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Used Turbo Tax
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    DDD this morning of 2/2/16!
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    RECEIVED my state refund today (filed 1/25) for OREGON…
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Unbelievably fast!
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    My return included education credits and full year health care.

• #4118905
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Michele Melendez

I was accepted on the 25th and was just now able to order transcripts for this year. Hopefully ddd will be showing up soon.

• #4118797
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Jenn
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        @jennjamm

My state now has a date of 2/2 as well :)
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Federal still no movement, but I was able to order my transcripts today. Not my return one but my account ones so hopefully this means an update tonight :)

• #4118745
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Texas Mommy

Mine is the same as @ Ashley

DDD as of late last night 1/28/16
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          of 2/1/16

E Filed TAX ACT 1/25-prepaid fees
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Accepted 1/25

• #4118651
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          nikki

Filed on 1/25 accepted same day no movement on wmr since can’t order transcripts filed with freetaxusa I’m in ky anybody get refund yet?

• #4118647
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Blu

Filed and accepted 1-25 checked WMR site that night had 1 bar, just checked WMR site again and its unavailable

• #4118533
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Ana

WMR hasn’t updated past the first bar for me ever until days after I had already received my refund. I also have always received my DD within 7 days of being accepted.

I’m nervous because yesterday and today the offset line said that my information wasn’t currently available but it said the same for my husband. Hope it’s not adding any offsets!

• #4118524
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Pagelsm

Checked around 12:05am no new updates, still sitting at no bars saying my refund is still being processed. Hopefully me losing my bars is a sign I’m going to get an update?

• #4118483
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Jodi

@crystal My DDD for state is 2/2. It had to have updated some time today. I checked this am and then checked again tonight and it had a DDD.

• #4118469
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Crystal

@Jodi
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      I filed on the 25th and still haven’t seen an update on my state and I am in Indiana. As for federal I don’t think anyone who filed with TT has a ddd yet. Also may I ask what you state ddd is?

• #4118460
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Ms Kia

Has anyone who filed TT 1/25 and accepted 1/25 seen a DDD yet ??

• #4118452
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Michael B,

Last year WMR didnt update, i had money deposited 5 day after filing. Hoping for the same luck this year.

• #4118446
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Jodi

Still one bar on WMR but I got a DDD for my state (IN) tonight!!

• #4118406
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Jenn
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              @jennjamm

Still no movement on federal but I don’t really expect any until next week. My state (va) updated to processed. No ddd, approved, denied…nothing. Just that it was processed so maybe tomorrow I will get more info about that.

• #4118268
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Roderick

Filed on the 25 around 5:15 accepted around 5:30 called the offset line yesterday on the 27 and had a offset called this morning on the 28 no offset only one bar and no transcript can somebody tell me what that means for offset not to be there anymore

• #4118262
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Crystal

Both my fiance and I both filed around midnight 1/25 both accepted within an hour. Still no updates on federal or state hoping for the best .

• #4140186
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Baker

Spoke with an agent this morning. Hour and ten minutes on hold another half hour talking to the agent. I filed on the 25th “accepted” the same day. Bars disappeared and wmr says refund date will be provided when avail. Agent said I was chosen for an additional review and to give until March 1st. She said there are more identity issues being addressed than ever before. I asked if she sees anything I need to do and she said she cannot know that until March 1st. But I could see the refund anytime and keep checking daily. Anyone else have any luck today?

• #4139538
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Pete

My bars also went away with the message that a date would be provided once available. I am also able to order both account and return transcripts with my new address. Is this a good thing?

• #4118175
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Anonymous

I have my second bar as of this morning. DDD of 2/1

• #4118131
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Jusjoynnc

Someone on the Facebook comments was 1/25 and got there’s for tomorrow… I’m thinking we may make batch 2

• #4118122
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          pagelsm

why would my bars just disappear like that?

• #4118119
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            pagelsm

this morning decided to check the ol pizza tracker and now as of this morning it says your tax return is still being processed refund date will be provided when available no bars now..?

• #4118017
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Kevin

Filed 1/25
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Accepted 1/25
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                TT
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                wmr- one bar

• #4117920
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Michael B,

Filed and Accepted on 1.25 I am hoping this goes quick like last year where I had the refund within 5 days…actually before my netspend card got to me

• #4117823
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Michele

I filed 1/25/16 accepted 20 minutes later. One bar on WMR

• #4116996
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Pagelsm

State was accepted 1am this morning.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      No new updates on federal, seems about right at this time.

• #4116864
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Trask

Ashley, mine has 1 bar for federal taxes. I filed today and was accepted 1 hour later with generic tax topic 152

• #4116857
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Jenn
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          @jennjamm

I filed this morning with turbo tax and was accepted for federal within an hour. Just checked the irs2go app and I have 1 bar which is return received. State (va) was accepted this evening and no info in their site.

• #4116845
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Ashley

I filed and got accepted today as well but no updates on WMR. It doesn’t even take me to the page where you can see bars.

Does anyone that got accepted and filed today see any bars on WMR yet?

• #4116831
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            dkhaley97
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              @dkhaley97

My VA state was just accepted few minutes ago.

• #4116810
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Pagelsm

Still waiting on state to be approved.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Hoping to get a quick return this year. The past few years before last I’ve had slow returns over the past few years

• #4116779
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                dkhaley97
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  @dkhaley97

Filed and accepted today to as well.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  VA state still saying sent at Taxslayer but state website says it has not been processed yet.

• #4116769
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  JustJoynNC

Filed 1/25 w TT
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Fed accepted by TT and IRS within hour
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    I’m hoping for at least a DDD 2/5
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Fingerscrossed fellow citizens

• #4116729
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Catico132321

Filed a little after noonish and federal accepted 20 minutes later. Still waiting on state. Hoping to see some quick returns this year.

• #4116715
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Anonymous

I filed around midnight last night so, technically today. My fiance and both filed, both accepted within minutes, and both state returns have been accepted. Now it is just a waiting game. I hope it is like last year. Filed on the 20th last year and got my DD on 1/27. I didn’t even get accepted until 1/25 last year and no other updates on WMR. Here’s to a quick return!!

• #4116713
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Trask

I hope this goes like last year. I filed on 1/26/2015 and had it in my bank on 2/3/2015 and that was after a 24 hour stay with the SBBT bc I had TurboTax deduct my tax fee from my refund.

Viewing 166 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      • The forum ‘2016 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.