Entered Wrong Information for w2 – 570 code

Home Forums General Discussion 2022 Tax Season Entered Wrong Information for w2 – 570 code

• This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Hayley Wurth.
  • Topic Starter
    Random Dude
      @random-dude

Hello,

My wife and I had been seeing all of the horror stories last season with the massive delays and kept hearing that we needed to file early, so we went to our HR personnel at our jobs to try to get information before w2’s were sent out. They gave up bad information.

We used the information that we received to file 1/7, which was accepted 1/18, and just processed yesterday, 3/18 to a 570 code.

I know that the information on the w2’s is wrong, not only the amount, but also the EIN’s. The income is off by like a little over $200.

I know that the 570 code has to be for wage verification, will the IRS verify what they have with what I submitted and make corrections? Am I looking at months of drawn out back and forth with my having to provide information? Or, am I ultimately going to have to file an amendment?

I’ve never been in this situation and hopefully will never be again. It was an incredibly stupid thing to do, I know.

Can anyone provide any knowledge or experience for my situation? I’d appreciate it.

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Hayley Wurth
          Random Dude
            @random-dude

[quote quote=4522052]What number did you fax information too???[/quote]

I faxed everything but my electric bill to 855-215-1627.

Hoping for the best.

Amberrrrr

What number did you fax information too???

Lena

So in a similar situation except the fault is on the employers side. Filed using the exact amounts on w2s. After 3 wks rcvd a 570 code then wmr went to delaye message. Couldnt figure out the issue. Decided to check ssa and sure enough the reported wages were $26 more than the w2s reflect. Idk how more was reported than what the w2 has. Last wk updated with 971 code still havent rcvd letter. No update this wk. Filed and accepted 3/8. Wondering what to expect

Rando

call, you more then likely have a letter coming. i have the same code got a letter to fax in my w2’s. faxed it all in 2 weeksish ago, no movement yet.

Random Dude
                    @random-dude

[quote quote=4521006]I am hoping someone can answer this. I have been waiting on my return for almost two months because I did the same thing. My income is off a little but everything else is good. I still have 570 hold for over a month now.[/quote]

Did you ever get an update?

Random Dude
                      @random-dude

[quote quote=4521011]the irs should correct the errors that can delay your refund up to 8-10 weeks posibly longer , next time you check your transcript look for code 971 meaning letter being sent and a update about the statusl[/quote]

Thank you for responding!

At this point, I wish they’d just reject my return and let me re-file, lol.

kikij2

the irs should correct the errors that can delay your refund up to 8-10 weeks posibly longer , next time you check your transcript look for code 971 meaning letter being sent and a update about the statusl

Devon
                          @devg

I am hoping someone can answer this. I have been waiting on my return for almost two months because I did the same thing. My income is off a little but everything else is good. I still have 570 hold for over a month now.

Viewing 8 reply threads
                      • The forum ‘2022 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.