Code 9001?

Home Forums General Discussion 2019 Tax Season Code 9001?

• Topic Starter
    Christian
      @trickson

I filed my taxes about 2 weeks ago. I went to check my refund status today and i received this garbage. The only difference this tax season is i am filing my daughter that i now have full custody of. I had her all 12 months of 2018. What is this 9001 nonsense? Refund Status Results
      Print your Refund Results for your records. Take the survey.

We cannot provide any information about your refund.
      If you electronically filed a complete and accurate tax return you should receive your refund in about 21 days from the received date. If you mailed your return please allow 6 weeks.

Please read the following information related to your tax situation:
      Tax Topic 152, Refund Information
      If you have questions or need additional information, please have the following on hand when you call:
      A copy of this page.
      A copy of your tax return.
      The Social Security Number, Filing Status, and refund amount claimed on your return.
      The date you mailed your return.
      Please mention reference number 9001 to the IRS Customer Service Representative.
      IRS Hours of Service:
      Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
      Call:
      1-800-829-0582, when asked for an extension, enter 362.
      From outside the US call 267-941-1000.
      TTY/TDD: 1-800-829-4059

Viewing 20 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        MargeInCharge
          @margeeatshamsammys

I filed on 1/21 accepted 1/22, got the 9001 on that Saturday, transcripts are blank. Got a letter for ID verification yesterday (5071c). It took about 2 seconds online. Wanted the 14 number code, my AGI for this return, the last 4 of the bank account I was depositing to, asked if I had filed, if I had received yet. That was it. I was logged in via my actual log in info, so I’m not sure if they would want more if you weren’t. Oh. I also had to re-verify that last week. Which was a pain, because it required going to find my car loan into. Anyway, it gave me a congratulations page, and said 9 weeks.

WicK3d

idverify.irs.gov

Prob lot quicker then mail

WicK3d

There’s a iRS site u can. Go-to for I’d. Verify lemme find it

Kkane

I really hope this turns out well, I honestly read some of these responses here and literally got sick to my stomach!

YAYA
                  @yayastacks

FILED 1/31
                  ACCEPTED 1/31
                  WMR 2/7-2/8 1 BARS AND ON THE 10TH UPDATED TO REFERENCE CODE 9001.
                  I CALLED IRS TODAY AND THEY TOLD ME IVE BEEN FLAGGED FOR IDENTITY THEFT!!! AND I HAVE TO WAIT TO RECEIVE AN IDENTITY VERIFICATION LETTER THEN ONCE THATS PROCESSED IT WILL TAKE 16 WEEKS TO RECEIVE MY REFUND. WHAT IS THIS!!!?

San2

Verify identity

Darin

I was just told by the IRS that the 9001 code means my (our) return was used as the initial test returns. It doesn’t mean there is a problem with the return. They also told me it doesn’t matter if my return was accepted on Jan 22nd. The 21 day count doesn’t start until Jan 28th when they started processing returns. I was told I should have my return on or around Feb 18th.

Robin

I filed on 1/28 and received acceptance email on 1/28 as well. I checked WMR on 1/30 and had one bar. Checked again on 2/1 and bar disappeared, replaced with the 9001 message and it’s been that way since. Filed same as last year..HOH, 1 dependent. My daughter got a summer job but should that even matter? (she hasn’t even file her taxes yet). Called IRS..put me on hold..came back and didn’t say anything about it needing verification..just said it is still processing and they can’t provide any more info…wait 21 days. No EIC or ACTC.Very frustrating!

Scotty

Your return did not start processing until the IRS opened on 1/28/19 regardless of how early you filed or got accepted you have to wait 21 days from the 28th is what I was told by IRS over the phone and in person code 9001 is just a generic processing message from what I understand and will update once your return has finished processing

adam

I filed the 11th, accepted the 16th, 9001 the 18th and ever since it just says that. Transcript shows no refund filed. IRS a week ago said it’s with error Resolution Department. It’s been 22 days since acceptance and they can’t tell me anything. No child credits or even dependents.

Christian

i have filed taxes at my current address for the past 3 years. It makes no sense why they are doing that to people. I think I might just call a tax advocate. I’m not going to fight with them back and forth over money they owe me.

Travon M

Hi Everyone,

I filed on the 10th and got accepted on 1/14 with one bar on 1/17 received Please mention reference number 9001 to the IRS all bars disappeared. I called today because of nothing has changed. I was told I need to verify and a letter was sent to me. But everything else looked good. I hope this helps!!!

Jamie D.

@Tara

I feel your frustration, same here. As long as you don’t receive any
                                  IRS letters pertaining to your refund then its simply a waiting game, I know that
                                  doesn,t help much but it is real. Good Luck.

BTW those are the exact same dates I have.

Tara

I filed 1/10, accepted 1/14. I still have that message. Nothing on transcripts. Sooooo frustrated!

Nic

Filed on 1/14 and accepted on 1/16. I already received my state return. So frustrating.

Just

I had the same thing, I filed through turbo tax, I called yesterday and they couldn’t even find my return at first and then said it was with the error resolution department and had not been processed, it was accepted, not processed and if there is a problem they will mail me a letter.

Jamie D.

Was accepted on the 14th have had that same message. Transcripts show N/A
                                          very frustrating.

Christian
                                            @trickson

Thanks for clarifying. I’ve seen hundreds of forum posts related to topic 9001. Most of them are within the last few weeks.

Moi

*your

:D

Moi

It’ll change when you’re return is through processing. Soooo many of us had that same message at first.

Julie

A lot of folks have this same code. It’s just a glitch in thier system from what I understand.

Viewing 20 reply threads
                                              • The forum ‘2019 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.