any paper filers get a refund yet?!

Home Forums General Discussion 2022 Tax Season any paper filers get a refund yet?!

• This topic has 53 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by GA.
  • Topic Starter
    ace

had to mail in my taxes this year because someone used one of my kids socials for an earned income credit.
      mailed with certified mail, it was delivered and left with an individual on Feb 8th. no notices have been issued.
      I have zero movement on my transcripts or WMR. IRS account still says my taxes aren’t processed.

anyone who paper filed this year have any luck with their refund yet?!

Viewing 52 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        GA

My WMR just updated today. I mailed 2/22. We’ll see how long to process and receive refund. Took till July 8th to show received, next year will be electronic.

Chris

My WMR still shows “being processed”. Nothing else.

Chris

Right on target, as of this morning my WMR says “still being processed”. This is after months of nothing.

Mailed in Feb9

Chris

ace, thank you. I mailed mine in the day after yours was received, so maybe I’ll get something going this week. Have yet to hear anything anywhere

ace

hey friends, both my transcripts and WMR updated for me, five months later. my refund should be here by Thursday.
                  hoping the rest of you see some movement soon!

BrokeBeyondPissed
                    @tameka2882

UPDATE: I checked WMR and it now says my return is still being processed. I have no bars just the message. It has said NOTHING before this weekend, so I’m hoping they are processing it AS WE SPEAK. Transcripts still show N/A though. Will keep everyone updated.

Many Happy Returns

Paper filers I received a DDD of June 29. I’ve been mailing in my tax returns since I had my first job back in 1973. This year I mailed in my simple form 1040 return on January 28. I had no idea it was received until June 18 when WMR finally reflected it. Two bars didn’t show up until today June 25. My banking site shows the scheduled DDD. I’m pleased of course but disappointed in the time it took to get to this point.

Chris

Something new today…

For a few weeks I’ve had a star next to the 2021 link in my return transcripts. Starting today I have a star next to both 2020 and 2021. The links on both go to an IRS pdf that says there is an error and to try again later. Nothing else is updated.

Mailed in my return Feb 9. No WMR. No DDD. Nothing but these stars

Chris

I wrote my senators and my US representative regarding this. We should all do this. It is beyond stupid for this to be happening. Also, please make sure you’re not charged any late fees and that you receive credit for interest when they finally get around to processing your returns.

Mailed in Feb 9. No updates on anything as of yet

Many Happy Returns

Finally WMR shows having received (but not processed) my paper return. I mailed it on January 28, 2022. Paper filers, just wait it out; do not file amended return if you have not heard anything yet.

Many Happy Returns

Finally WMR shows having received (bit not processed) my paper return. I mailed it on January 28, 2022. Paper filers, just wait it out; do not file amended return if you have not heard anything yet.

FatiK

UPDATE: 6/16
                                Transcript states irs received a request for verification of non- filing of a tax return. What does this mean ???????

FatiK

UPDATE: 6/16
                                  Transcript states irs received a request for verification of non- filing of a tax return. What does this mean ???????

Chris

I mailed in my return on February 9th. I check WMR and my IRS account daily. Nothing has happened until today on my IRS account under my return transcripts for 2021 there was a letter stating I have not filed.

It’s stupid that they can’t open your mailed in return, update something we can see that shows they received it, and then stick it in a pile for them to process it. At this point more than 4 months later I don’t even know if they have it.

GA

Wow, let’s all hope that’s the case and something will show received and processing.

Ree

I noticed on another forum that a paper filer had finally got an update on WMR this weekend that taxes had been received and were being processed. He mailed his return on 01/28/2022. This is the first update I have been able to find for paper return filed this year. Hope we all are next!

FatiK

6/10- Still NOTHING

ace

still nothing here.

GA

Anymore updates anyone? Still nothing here on WMR.

BrokeBeyondPissed
                                                @tameka2882

I had to mail my return in for the first time this year back in early Feb. It was received on 02/10 and I just so happen to check and I now have numbers on my wage transcript (which I am taking as GOOD LUCK). Let’s keep each other updated b/c we are all we got. lol

GA

Are people seeing transcript information seeing the WMR acknowledge receipt and processing?

Danielle
                                                    @hunbun

Hey Ace! I am in same boat! Mailed tax docs 2/18/ and got the notice they was dropped off at the Kansas office on 2/22. Transcripts online show nothing until recently; Wages show my 1098T for school scholarships but no wages for my husband. My ex claimed one of my kids—so we sent in all the docs with our taxes proving custody, etc. I am not holding my breath, but we are going to need our refund before the end of the year to pay off a medical loan. This stuff is crazy!

ace

@Ted
                                                      I do not have income or wages on that transcript because I don’t work. so I don’t have any wages to report. my husbands has updated though. our “as of” date on our transcripts is still Dec 20.

Ted

Ace do you see your wages update tho? Like did you wages not have any information then recently they were uploaded?

ace

paper filed received 2/8 at the Austin office. still no account or transcript updates. happy for y’all that have movement though.

FatiK

UPDATE: My wages also updated Sunday 5/22. At least it’s not saying no record on file.

Ted

Update: my wages appeared today I paper filed 02/01.

Ted

Update: my wages appeared today I paper filed 02/01.

Ted

So I filed paper on 2/1 assuming it’s received it 2/8. Tax transcript “As of Date” changed from Dec 31st. 2021 to June 6, 2022. Does this mean anything?

GA

Nothing yet filed 2/22. Anyone else have movement?

Ted

My tax guy told me the same thing a few weeks ago he thinks late may paper early filers will hear something.. I really hope so. Please keep us posted.

FatiK

RESPONSE: GA
                                                                        On my 2021 tax transcript is says no record found so I did some research and this is what I found : If you see a message of “No Record of return
                                                                        filed” for the current tax year, it means
                                                                        information has not populated to the transcript
                                                                        yet. Check back in late May. Current tax year
                                                                        information may not be complete until July.

LATE MAY is what I was going to do anyways bcuz I’m tired of checking everyday ! Hope this helps better I hope someone gets there return !

• #4522849
                                                                        GA

Any progress with anyone paper filling return? Still nothing here, mailed 2/22

• #4522725
                                                                          FatiK

5/3
                                                                            Still nothing on transcript still not processed. At this point I give it to the MOST HIGH ! ATC was correct CTC W2 and 1099. My sister filed and received hers within a week.

• #4522723
                                                                            BrokeBeyondPissed
                                                                              @tameka2882

Mine was received on 02/10/22 and still nothing. I have called twice and was told both time that they don’t see it updated in their system and to allow another 16 weeks from the date of call. So sad but I read somewhere, where to expect to wait 6-9 months for processing.

• #4522712
                                                                              Ted

Any updates anyone? I sent my paper return 2/1 and nothing yet.

• #4522592
                                                                                ace

still nothing on transcripts or wmr.

• #4522582
                                                                                  FatiK

UPDATE: 4/28

NOTHING NO CHANGE STILL N/A TRANSCRIPT.
                                                                                    EF 2/17 A 2/18 WMR TAX TOPIC 152. 3/17 WMR CHANGED TO WE JUST RECEIVED YOUR TAXES WAIT 21 DAYS. AGAIN 4/28 = NO NEWS

• #4522580
                                                                                    GA

Any updates for anyone? Still not showing as even received on WMR.

• #4522401
                                                                                      Ree

Re: Ace
                                                                                        On my 2021 Account Transcript it had one as of date listed and then changed twice to another as of date. Each time it changed back to the same dates. Even though nothing is showing on WMR. It would appear something is going on with it. Just not sure what.
                                                                                        Thanks –

• #4522400
                                                                                        ace

@Ree what do you mean by your “as of” date? on your transcripts?

• #4522382
                                                                                          Ree

I am not sure if it really means alot or not, but “as of date” has changed twice this week on my paper filed tax return. I am so hoping this is a sign that at least they are starting process of looking at it. I sent in Priority Mail and it was received mid February. Has anyone else noticed this change?

I am so hoping we all get good news soon!

• #4522352
                                                                                            Kimberali

Mailed with UPS, it was delivered and left with an individual on 1/26/22, no notices have been issued.
                                                                                              I have zero movement on my transcripts or WMR. IRS account still says my taxes aren’t processed.

It’s been 12 weeks.

• #4522350
                                                                                              ace

it’s been 10 weeks and still no changes :(

• #4522314
                                                                                                GA

Still nothing on WMR, going into 9 weeks. I saw this article. Says it could take 6-9 months for paper returns. Are you kidding me.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/personal-finance/susan-tompor/2022/04/15/irs-tax-refund-delay-paper-returns/9502369002/

• #4522313
                                                                                                  BrokeBeyondPissed
                                                                                                    @tameka2882

Mine was received on 02/10/22 and still NOTHING. I’ll keep you updated but I’m pretty sure yours will be before mine

• #4522199
                                                                                                    GA

Any one receive their refund who filed a paper return? It’s been 8 weeks and nothing here.

• #4521905
                                                                                                      GA

No update on WMR, it’s been 6 weeks for me. Unfortunately, I mailed with no return receipt, so unsure if they even received them. Thet was my mistake, but if they have been received then this is ridiculous.

• #4521894
                                                                                                        ace

it’s been 8 weeks since they received my taxes and still nothing. no WMR update. no transcript update. no IRS account update.

• #4521860
                                                                                                          GA

Today is April 6th and nothing showing on WMR. Mailed on Feb. 22. This is the 6th week. I’ll have to file an and extension if something doesn’t happen soon.

• #4521838
                                                                                                            Ree

I was wondering if any paper filers had info showing on WMR or updated transcripts as of yet? And if so, how long did it take?
                                                                                                              Thank you.

• #4521536
                                                                                                              GA

I mailed mine on 2/22/22. Nothing is showing on WMR yet and it’s 3/30 today. Hopefully, by next week which is 6 weeks from the mailed date. I just want to know they received the filed taxes

• #4521410
                                                                                                                Masr89

Mine arrived 2/23 (sent it priority and made sure they had to sign it when they received it). Since then I’ve heard nothing. No updates on wmr, can’t get ahold of anyone to ask what is going on. We had the exact same problem tham someone stole our kids idebtity.

Viewing 52 reply threads
                                                                                                              • The forum ‘2022 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.