Any early April filers?

Home Forums General Discussion 2019 Tax Season Any early April filers?

• This topic has 79 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 years ago by Jenni.
  • Topic Starter
    Alicia Johnson

I filed and got accepted April 4th. Just trying to find someone in same boat so we can keep each other updated!

Viewing 78 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Jenni

F/A 04/04, I found out I was under review when I called after my 21 days had passed. They said I hadn’t filed a 2016 return. Weird. So I did that and mailed it off last week. So I’m not sure how long it will take at this point.

Pam

I got a TA 3 weeks ago and still haven’t heard from her! I have called her everyday and her manager everyday. No return calls. So I called the IRS and forced them to do verification with me over the phone. I told her if I can’t do it with her I am giving up on my return. She told me I can’t call again until exactly 9 weeks is up. The verification process is done but now I wait to see what the IRS does next to screw me over. Once you get a TA you can’t call IRS anymore but I pulled it off because nobody helped me. If my TA ever calls I won’t be speaking to her after this! I do have a hardship and told the IRS. They documented it. My TA was a waste of time!

Rose

Updated today w DDD 5/18

Rose

Also, if you’re under review for wage verification and you dont need an amendment, I highly suggest a TA. I havent received a letter from the IRS. TA told me that IRS noted that I would be sent a letter on 5/24 for 45 day review due to wage verification, even though my wages were entered on 5/2. This means IRS could take all that time until they finally decide to check my return again. So your wages may already be in the system but they may not check it again until that 45th/60th day.

Rose

Hey everyone, just wanted to update you guys. Filed & approved 4/4. Status is “still processing” TT 152. I faxed in request for TA on 5/3 & was just contacted today. Apparently Form 911 was sent to their office on me. Refund being held by IRS because they needed to verify my wages. Apparently they had not received my wages from my employer to verify so they put a hold on my refund. According to the TA, my wages were finally entered into the system on 5/2 so now they will send a referral to IRS to release my refund. Nothing to do on my end since proof of wages is already there. But she then informed me it could still take weeks for them to release my refund. Odd thing is is that some of my co-workers have already received their refund. I guess I’ll keep yall updated.

Pam

I seen a survey the other day where they asked how many people had to go through verification process and 90% had to do it. They say it’s quickest online but it never works for anyone. I spent 3 hours and 36 minutes exactly on Monday with the IRS. I can’t go to an office to verify so they need to figure out how to do it with me. They kept asking me where I lived before I was at the home I’m at now. She said you sure you didn’t live anywhere else and I figured out why they asked me. My Ex claimed me and my daughter last year and we live in 2 different states. When he did that without my permission it gave me another address in another state. I told her I have never lived in that state! So how do they fix this? I verified all that stuff and it’s not my fault they let him file a false return and now my daughter and I have to suffer. This is unreal.

Keisha

Hi I filed and accepted on 04/14 with extaxreturn.
                      Have anyone who file in April gotten their tax refund and how long did it take? Mines still showing g one orange bar. Ur tax refund is being process and the generic message with tax topic 152. Thanks

Pam

I called to verify and because this was my first time filing on my own they wanted me to go to the IRS office and verify. I can’t go that far so I got an advocate because I need my money yesterday! This verify crap is happening to everyone and I have no time to play their games!

Rose

Still no update, no bars, tt152. I haven’t received a letter & tried to call today but was told the call volume was too high so try back wednesday or thursday.

Pam

@Alamoana,
                            My SS isn’t on mine either but I have the same thing by it one star.

Alamoana

@Pam, It won’t let me do it online either so I have to call today. On the letter it has a * symbol where my ss# is suppose to be. Does yours have that too?

Justin

@ jenni how did u find out ur under review?

Justin

Still no change no luck this Saturday filed 4/4
                                  Still processing, no bars & tt152

Pam

@Jenni
                                    Did you get the letter to verify? How did you find out you were under review?

Jenni

I’m under review too. Sad. 16 weeks they said.

Pam

@Alamoana,

Got the same letter today. So I have to call Monday Morning and verify. I wish I could do it online but it wont let me.

Pam

@Alamoana,
                                          I didn’t deduct for business either. I bet that if you called again, they would give you another excuse. I haven’t got anything from them as of yet.

Alamoana

I checked my mail and theres a letter from the irs to verify my identity. Not sure why they couldn’t mention that on the phone unbelievable.

Alamoana

I think the main accuracy they check for is business deductions but I didn’t claim any deductions. So maybe since this is a new tax law that they don’t have the ability to sort out who claimed business deductions and who didn’t. Otherwise they could have processed mine sooner but I’m in line with the rest.

Pam

@Alamoana,
                                                Which means Im in the same boat as you. How do you check for accuracy? This was my first time doing it and I went by turbotax and let it guide me.So it doesnt look like we will be getting it anytime soon. I almost didnt do it but didnt want to be dishonest. I learned my lesson.

Alamoana

Wow they said all self employed returns are being manually processed for accuracy and that mine has bot been processed yet due to a back up and that’s why my transcripts aren’t available. I waited on the phone for more than an hour to speak with someone. He said that I could get an update between now and June.

Pam

@Alamoana, no transcript. As a matter of fact I got locked out after 1 try and all my info was correct. I thought it to be odd. Turbotax blue line is full since today makes a full 21 days Pls let me know what you find out today. I’ll be waiting.

Alamoana

@Pam, were you able to get your transcripts yet? I haven’t been able to and still no update. I’m going to call later today and post when I get more info.

Pam

No change today. It changed a week after I filed to your refund is still being processed and code 152 was gone. My refund was still on the left. Tmw makes it 21 days exactly. Checked SBTPG and nothing. Most people I have talked to that used Turbotax is in the same boat.

Jenni

@justin

Same.m for everything. Someone on here said that might mean a DDD soon so hopefully Saturday night ((I think)) is the next update and that’s what will show.

Justin

Filed 4/4 wmr says still processing, no bars & tt152? Thoughts?

Pam

@Rose,
                                                              All those days are wednesdays too!

Pam

@Alex No worries Alex. 152 doesn’t mean much. You can’t call the IRS until your 21 days are up and you still have another week. Like around May 2. Keep us updated.

Alex

Hi, I filed 4/11 and accepted same day. WMR shows tt152. Not sure why…should i be worried?

Pam

@Rose
                                                                    Friday will be 21 days for me too.The 26th is the date TT gave me for estimated date which is 21 days from when I filed. I don’t know why they do that because if you haven’t got it by now a few more days wont make a difference.

Rose

Also has anyone noticed DDD dates are several days apart? 4/3/19, 4/10/19, 4/24/19 etc..

Rose

FYI, I called & was told I have to wait the full 21 days before they can look at my account which is Friday. For those who want to call, call (800) 829-0582 x652 to speak to a live person. Dont choose refund bc it will take you to an automated system only, just dial the extension.

• #4325410
                                                                        Pam

@Alamoana

Checked it today and nothing. Doesnt look good for us.

https://taxpayer.sbtpg.com/login

• #4325379
                                                                          Alamoana

No update and I still can’t order my transcripts. What a headache..

• #4325359
                                                                            Brooke

My money came today. Good luck everyone.

• #4325348
                                                                              Alamoana

I filed with turbo tax too and go a thank you email on the weekend too. What is the sbbt website please? I will check.

• #4325299
                                                                                Kpo

I filed with Turbo Tax too you can check the sbbt website to see if they got their money. Mine updated earlier today

• #4325295
                                                                                  Pam

@Alamoana

I not getting any money back from State. I got a Thank you email from Turbotax and many say when you do it means they got their money and should get a refund soon. I got that email over the weekend and still nothing. No changes at all. So much for doing the right thing and claiming my money. The 26th will be 21 days.

• #4325287
                                                                                    Lissa

I too have a DDD date of 4/24. I did have to call because none of my stuff ever appeared on WMR this year.

• #4325286
                                                                                      Danielle H

My DD says 4/24!! I’m on the west coast..will be checking later this evening bc I see ppl getting them the night before around 10pm… GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!

• #4325274
                                                                                        Rose

@kpo
                                                                                          you may be right but it seems some people have gotten them back quicker than others. i guess it depends on which batch you end up in. Im just on edge bc last year I had an issue, my wages reported on my tax return was different than what was on my W2. Noone’s fault, used last paycheck to file completely forgetting that travel reimbursements werent deducted. Anyway, it literally took them 5 mos to tell me the reason and that I needed to file an amendment. I procrastinated & then chose to do it when i filed my 2018 taxes. 2 days before i filed, i received a check in the mail for my 2017 taxes. Apparently they got tired of waiting for me to file an amendment & did it themselves? I just hope that doesn’t affect my 2018 which i cant see how it could

• #4325258
                                                                                          Kpo

@Rose

Not sure how true that is both my kids have different last names than mine and I’ve never had an issue. By reading everyone’s story, I honestly think the IRS is severely backlogged and making up BS to cover their tails. On this site you’ll see people that filed in Jan and Feb that shit haven’t received theirs smh. The govt shut down probably had a lot to do with it.

• #4325255
                                                                                            Kpo

@jenni

Check overnight and if there are no changes I would definitely call 1st thing on your 22nd day. But A LOT of people that have posted said after they lost bars but still had a tax topic, it came back with a DDD.

• #4325251
                                                                                              Rose

So I read something interesting. Someone said that if your child has a different last name than you, theyre pulling for review and this year I went with a different tax preparer & didnt realize that my previous had been spelling my childs name wrong & my childs last name is different than mine. They corrected it so hoping this is is the issue. Fingers crossed.

• #4325248
                                                                                                Rose

Updated today to “still processing”, code 152. Anyone knows what this might mean?

• #4325244
                                                                                                  Jenni

I filed April 4

• #4325243
                                                                                                    Jenni

I still have tt152. And the info on the left is still there. Just no bars. And I changed to “still” processing. My state refund was approved but I know that is unrelated. Hopeful for this week!!!

• #4325233
                                                                                                      Kpo

Jenni

When did you file? I’ve read some posts that get that and it comes back up with a DDD. Try checking again later. Remember the system updates btw 330 and 6 am

• #4325231
                                                                                                        Alamoana

@Pam. Did you get any updates? Also have you gotten your state refund yet?

• #4325230
                                                                                                          Alamoana

Not sure Jenni. I think they are just backed up and the processing for everyone is different. Do you still have code tt152?

• #4325229
                                                                                                            Jenni

Updated to “still processing” no bars. Is this bad???

• #4325219
                                                                                                              Brooke

Got a DDD for 4/24, now just waiting it out and will come back with hopefully good news lol.

• #4325135
                                                                                                                Jenni

I tried to get my transcripts and before it was telling me that my info didn’t match. I tried again last night and it finally went through but I couldn’t complete it because I didn’t have the financial account numbers to verify. However I am wondering if now that my info was registering, that might mean something???? Maybe. Staying hopeful that it’s approved this week. Mine still shows tt152. That doesn’t mean any delay though right???

• #4325120
                                                                                                                  Alamoana

No update yet. Has anyone been able to get their transcripts yet or have you called? Some say not to call and some say you should. This definitely suck!

• #4325060
                                                                                                                    Alicia

Got a DDD 4/24 yesterday

• #4324957
                                                                                                                      Jenni

I can’t order my transcripts online either because it says my info doesn’t match. I didn’t get an update last night. Sad. I’ll keep waiting.

• #4324941
                                                                                                                        Pam

Hey Alamoana!!!!! I am exactly in the same boat as you! Self employed and same with transcripts and it doesn’t match. No update for me today. Wow this is really awful.

• #4324924
                                                                                                                          Alamoana

That’s good that someone got there’s early. I haven’t updated yet! So not sure if it’s because I have eitc, ctc and am self employed but I can’t even get my transcripts ordered since it keeps saying the information I enter doesn’t match what’s on file. Anyway did anyone else update?

• #4324883
                                                                                                                            Kpo

Check WMR. I checked like 1am and didn’t see any update but read it updates between 3-6am and just checked again and have a DDD for 4/24!! Good luck everyone!

• #4324775
                                                                                                                              Kpo

Jenni,

You have to be able to access your transcripts to know which on you are. Either way, I believe weeklies update overnight fri to sat so check again tomorrow. Maybe all of us April babies are weeklies and will be an update tomorrow!

• #4324774
                                                                                                                                Jenni

When is the next update? I don’t have any idea if I’m daily weekly or even what that means lol

• #4324772
                                                                                                                                  Brooke

Still no update over here. 😬
                                                                                                                                    Definitely wish I knew more information, seems like any day now though.

• #4324681
                                                                                                                                    Kpo

Even though I was a few days later than most of you all, I dont have any updates either. Has anyone changed to “still” processing?

• #4324649
                                                                                                                                      Pam

Same her Alamoana. The IRS is a joke! Unreal!

• #4324577
                                                                                                                                        Alamoana

Still being processed, no refund date available or no codes. Filed 4/6

• #4324476
                                                                                                                                          Jenni

No updates as of today

• #4324053
                                                                                                                                            Pam

No transcripts. Nothing has changed and no codes.I wish I knew what the problem was because everyone says that if it goes to still processing that something is wrong. I went from processing to still processing. I guess the word (still) means something.The refund chart was supposedly tmw for me. I wonder if anyone has ever got the message still processing and still got their refund with no problems. This SUXS!

• #4323916
                                                                                                                                              Kpo

Have you early April filers been able to retrieve your tax transcripts?

• #4323888
                                                                                                                                                Alicia

Mine hasn’t changed yet either…

• #4323859
                                                                                                                                                  Rose

Filed 4/4/19; accepted same day. My status says “it is being processed.” Ill update if anything changes.

• #4323835
                                                                                                                                                    Pam

I have read that when it says still processing that it’s not good. If it said processing then it’s fine. There is supposedly a big difference. You never know though so I;m keeping my fingers crossed. Nothing new today on mine.

• #4323817
                                                                                                                                                      Alamoana

Me too Pam, I got the same status update without the 152 code. I’ll update when it changes.

• #4323665
                                                                                                                                                        Pam

I juct checked my status today and this it what it said.Your tax return is still being processed.

A refund date will be provided when available. 152 code is gone also.

• #4323472
                                                                                                                                                          Lissa

I filed and was accepted on 44/4/19 via turbotax but IRS WMR doesnt show my return yet???? Turbotax shows it was accepted but IRS shows me nothing….getting nervous

• #4323460
                                                                                                                                                            Karebare016

I filed and accepted April 3rd. I, too, have checked every single day (most days multiple times) and haven’t seen any movement yet. I thought by waiting until the early rush was over, but before the end rush would be a good time to see a fast refund, but I should’ve known better. There’s no rhyme or reason with the IRS. They’ll get it when they get to it…It’s nice to have a forum with people who filed around the same time so we can compare. I’ll let you know if I see any movement…I’m also consistently checking my bank because I’ve heard sometimes there’s a deposit before WMR moves

• #4323437
                                                                                                                                                              Brooke

Mine was accepted the 4th as well. I’ve been checking consistently every day and nothing yet lol. Hopeful for sometime this week, the 18th or sooner would be nice. 😌 I’ll update when I get some good news.

• #4323367
                                                                                                                                                                Jenni

Filed accepted April 4. Processing tt152.

• #4323349
                                                                                                                                                                  Pam

Filed April 5 and accepted in minutes. Says being processed and code 152.

• #4323182
                                                                                                                                                                    Kpo

I literally just finished filing mine lol and was accepted within a few mins. I came to see the timeline if other people that have already filed and it is truly scary that some people still haven’t received theirs from JANUARY! I will update when I get any new info. Typically mine is processed and I recieve it within a week or two. This is with EITC and 2 dependents.

Viewing 78 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                  • The forum ‘2019 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.