Amended Return and WMAR (wheres my amended return)

Home Forums General Discussion 2020 Tax Season Amended Return and WMAR (wheres my amended return)

• Topic Starter
    kj

I sent my amended return on 3/19 overnight. I still have not updated on WMAR (wheres my amended return) and my transcripts still dont show the amended return.

Anyone else in the same situation????

this is getting really frustrating

Viewing 32 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies

Mine updated shows refund date of 10/9/2020… when will I get this money? Is it sent via mail?

jcn83

So I sent mine in at the end of April. I have the certified receipt and tracking information. It has not shown up yet in any system. I can’t get anyone on the phone. Should I just send in a new one or wait until they ask for payment?

cb

I did get my amended state refund today

cb

Sent mine 6/15. Just got the demand for payment based on pre-amended return. Called and program told me they had no amended return in their system.

AmendedinFL

I called and the lady told mine was being mailed Friday the 18th :( I really thought it would be direct deposit because it’s for year 2019 does anyone know if there’s a chance I’ll get the check in mail Saturday? I live in Florida

WheresMyMoney

I filed my amended return electronically after ring told it would be a very long time before they get to my mailed in return. It says processed 9/02 code 977. I wonder how longer before I receive the return and will it be direct deposited?

Still nothing on my end says they received it March 23 but has not yet been processed.

AmendedinFL

Just wanted update those who still check this post my amended was received March 7 I’ve been checking and finally today got a 846 code for 9/18!!!! I’m crying because It’s been a long time coming!!!

Leeser

@jessnicci Did you ever get any update? The same message came up on my wmar last week. I called (and called and called and waited, just like everyone else I’m sure) the representative told me it was being worked on and there was nothing they needed from me. Mine was received 4/6 no updates on transcripts.

Quainey

I received my 846 today! 🎊🎉

jessnicci

wmar updated some point between this week and last week with we received your refund on March 23, 2020 but it has not been processed. And to call the 800 number with ext. don’t know whether to be happy or depressed and annoyed. Guess we’ll see Monday

Mandy
                            @mandy11

@Tiredofit2020

Same here fingers crossed for you as well!

Tiredofit2020

@mandi11
                              Not yet. My last update was on a Friday so hopefully tomorrow I will see that wonderful 846 number.

Mandy
                                @mandy11

@Tiredofit2020

Me as well. Have you had any other updates since the codes? Mine are showing they sent for processing and under that it shows its been filed so I’m hoping for another update with DD next

Tiredofit2020

I sent mine in May. Last week finally got 2 new codes showing they received my amendment and that they sent it for processing. Praying this is a good sign and all will be done soon!!

Mandy
                                    @mandy11

I’m curious my transcripts just updated with 971 and 977 codes and my as of dates are showing August 10th now they were the 3rd so does anyone have any ideas what these mean??

Quainey

No change for me still as of date July 27! It’s so annoying man

Quainey

NedQuik Thank you! I’m going to check mines now… I know my as of date changed to July 27.

NedQuik

My transcripts updated with a refund date of 7/17. Check your transcripts if possible, good luck!

NedQuik

800-829-0582, extension 623

Quainey

May I have the number to call about amended returns and ext please.

Jessnicci

Question regarding amended returns. If we are DUE money from amended returns, does the accrued interest rule still apply as it does to regular returns? If so, we’re in for a nice return 😆

AmendedinFL

@nedquik my amended was received 3/7 and I got the take action bar on where’s my amended says it has not been processed. Crossing fingers that we get movement sooner than later because I couldn’t call today

NedQuik

My WMAR updated and said to call and use the provided extension. The rep said they are 2 months behind and to expect my amended return to be done by late august( it was accepted 3/9). The waiting game continues.

Quainey

Any updates?

Sabrina Friel
                                                        @sfriel12

mine were received 2/18/20 and still nothing

Jonathan

@quainey

Not a thing yet. No transcript update, nothing.

Jessnicci

Same pickle as all of you. Sent mine in mid- March and no update whatsoever. I also contacted my congressman. They ask for consent and hopefully will push me forward to an advocate. Good luck all. I’ll keep you posted if anything changes.

LArtis89

Mine was sent 2/26 received by them in the system 3/17. Nothing since however I called last Friday. Then man told me everyone in TX returned to work on 6/1 I said I should give it 4wks.

NedQuik

Mine was received 3/9. No updates after that.

Quainey

@Jonathan
                                                                  So nothing has changed for you either? Did your transcripts update with your wages?

Jonathan

I sent mine amended in the first or second week of March. WMAR doesn’t even show 2019 yet.

Quainey

@KJ
                                                                      Yes I sent my amended return 3/18 as well it was confirmed received 3/24 but I have not updated on either wmr or wmar. I actually contacted my congressman woman and received a call from her assistant and he just opened a file with the IRS for me. Idk if he can do much since it is a amended return but I guess I’ll see what happens. Maybe you should try as well.

Viewing 32 reply threads
                                                                  • The forum ‘2020 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.