🔥 Updates: Advance Child Tax Credit Tools to Update and Unenroll

Home Forums General Discussion 2021 Tax Season 🔥 Updates: Advance Child Tax Credit Tools to Update and Unenroll

• This topic has 96 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Fed tf up wit the IRS.
Viewing 95 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Nicole
        @nstover2018

[quote quote=4495772]Has anyone seen the august payment show up on processed payments section?[/quote]

Nope, still just showing July. I’m getting kind of worried cause I need that money for a large bill. Here’s to hoping it updates today…with money tomorrow.

Fed tf up wit the IRS

Same here still haven’t received 2020 tax refund nor am I am eligible for the ctc but as of now its pending and everything is all screwed up !!! The IRS sent me a letter stating my audit would be looked at by the end of September 2021 SMFH Thats Crazy also I filed 2/09/21

hanna@

my ctc portal shows no information for August at all. Those of you who received a paper check for July’s payment what date did you receive it?

Bluefiresun2021

Last month my netspend hit after 5pm the 14th or a day early. So hopefully that will be the same this time. Im sure we will see prepaid cards hitting all afternoon evening today

CAT

The IRS website does not show my August payment but my local bank account is now showing August’s payment. :)

Nouvy

@concerned

I’m hoping that’s the case. I’ve seen people post that they’ve seen theirs as pending in bank account and nothing at all on the site.. so who knows anymore.. just hope it comes!! Lol

Concerned

Okay maybe just something wrong with the website then. Usually get my deposit a day early so will update if it shows up

Nouvy

@concerned

Mine did that. Showed up saying processed and then it disappeared. I changed my bank info and more than likely missed the deadline for it to hit the new account but my old one is still open so I figured it would still be DD but nothing has shown back up on the website for me :/ my boyfriends has been there since the update..

Nicole
                        @nstover2018

Portal still says only July processed but August is pending in my account.

Concerned

Has anyone had August payment under processed and then disappear? Now nothing and saying payment is mail? I’m hoping it’s a glitch.

Tate

Mine finally did on Monday it was in the processed payment section. I still haven’t received my July payment though.

CAT

Has anyone seen the august payment show up on processed payments section?

Rob
                                @lurrch

I haven’t seen the August payment on processing yet.

Nouvy

Anyone see the august payment show up on processed payments and then disappear?! I’m still waiting for mine to show back up. I changed bank accounts and it has my old info on it which is cool for now but it makes me nervous that it was there and then disappeared… :/

Tate

So I finally got an update for my CTC but I only got my payment for August not July so I guess that fine at this point.

Tiffany1108

Anyone figure out why we got july and now august says pending eligibility??

Miriam
                                        @mcarnley

4 weeks ago tomorrow, my ctc portal updated to enrolled. I have not received a payment.

carinag82

I got my CTC payment in July but now for august it says pending you will not receive payment at this time. What does this mean? What do i do?

Karebare016

Still waiting for July too. No payments processed at this time.

Becks360

I received July’s payment, but now the portal says pending eligibility. They are processing my return now so maybe that’s why, but I’m not sure….

Tate

Good morning,

I still have no update for July’s payment!! Still waiting on something

Admin
                                                IGMR Admin
                                                  @igmr-admin

[quote quote=4494104]Hello Admin Team,

Not sure if you’re aware but the links posted aren’t working.[/quote]

Thank you! We will fix :)

Ashley

Figured I’d update here for those who said the CTC portal said the same as mine, double the amount I should receive.
                                                    Portal said 26th for processing date
                                                    Received my check in the mail today
                                                    But it wasn’t for double what it should have been. So, I got the correct amount. Must have just been an error in the system.

QUEEN
                                                      @ramonda

Hello Admin Team,

Not sure if you’re aware but the links posted aren’t working.

Tate

Still no update for me. Says no payments processed. But it says I’m eligible and I will receive payment. I still haven’t received July payment.

Ashley

Hey all. So, the CTC portal said the 26th for me with double the amount of what I was supposed to get. I use informed delivery and it shows me the check is in there for today. So, keep an eye out. Y’all’s should be there any day.

Tracy
                                                            @tracy-crowe

The ctc portal also says my payment was processed today and the payment amount is double what it should be. I’m really hoping that I do not have to wait till the August payment date for my check to be sent out.

Luz
                                                              @luzz

@tate mines is the same no change and no change to my taxes either.

Tate

I’m still waiting for an update. I haven’t seen anything yet. Mine still says no payments processed but I am eligible for payment. I guess I will check back tomorrow

Ashley

@ Joe
                                                                  Mine is also double the amount it should be with a process date of today. I was curious about that too.

Joe M
                                                                    @mroz2001

My CTC went to a closed account even though my Refund and Stimulus went into the correct account. A few minutes ago the CTC site updated and now it shows the 28 my deposit in the right account. Strange part is says 1500 when it should be 750.00 . Maybe they are putting July and Aug at the same time?

Ashley

The CTC portal says my payment date is July 26th but it says mailed check. It’s said this for a week now. Does anyone know if that means they will be mailing it out on the 26th? Or?

GoCowboys

@Karebare016 from what I’ve been seeing we basically missed July payment but then again they might add it to the August payment or might have to claim that months missing payment on 2021 taxes

• #4493666
                                                                        Karebare016

@Tate & @GoCowboys mine is the same. I filed an amended return, accepted 6/3. CTC was pending, no payments at this time. Yesterday I received a small refund, which I think is just the unemployment and not the EIC that I qualified for when they deducted the UI. However, I updated to Eligible for the Advance CTC! So now my question is will the IRS send that July payment? Or I just missed July and payments will begin in Aug?

• #4493646
                                                                          GoCowboys

Yeah mine updated to the same thing right after WMR updated to 7/28 DDD

• #4493634
                                                                            Tate

I got an update for my CTC it changed from pending to Yes and I will receive payments. No payment has been processed yet but it’s good enough for me.

• #4493513
                                                                              Tate

I need a number to call about the CTC!! My taxes were amended and I had to wait until that was completed. So that was completed as of today. Now I went of the CTC part and the status is still the same pending- you will not receiving any payments at this time. Like WTF?!?! Does anyone have a number I can call to talk to someone.

• #4493377
                                                                                Jamesindiana

Filed Feb 12
                                                                                  Accepted April 22
                                                                                  No change period

• #4493372
                                                                                  Cheekykat

Hi all, so when the portal was first out up it said I was not eligible. Then it changed to eligible and enrolled but says the check will be mailed… Even though all my other stuff has been dd and nothing has changed. My question is where it says processed payments it says nothing has been processed. Will it show there when a check is mailed or only if augusts payment is dd? This has me so confused! Thanks!

• #4493361
                                                                                    Jc

The account that my ctc shows is closed. Hopefully they send a paper check soon.
                                                                                      I’ve already updated my bank info, but that’s for next month

• #4493323
                                                                                      Lisa_91
                                                                                        @lisa_91

Anybody still waiting for CTC payment?

• #4493085
                                                                                        Kayyy

@BBrooks had to be before then. I recv’d my check on Sat.

• #4493086
                                                                                          Kayyy

@BBrooks had to be before then. I recv’d my check on Sat.

• #4493084
                                                                                            Joe M

I filed my 2020 return with Injured Spouse in February. My return shows as accepted on my transcripts. However, the IRS won’t send my refund (which shows due on my transcripts), never sent my 2nd or 3rd stimulus, and now I’m “Pending” on the CTC. The IRS owes me about $13,000 right now and it’s now climbing $1,000 per month (4 kids). I called the IRS and they told me it was processing and I needed to wait until August. Unreal.

• #4493082
                                                                                              tiffshie
                                                                                                @tiffshie

Pending. You will not receive advance payments at this time is what my id portal says. I just updated it with my banking info. Hopefully I will receive August payment on time, looks like if not I will have to wait until 2022 to file and get it is what the phone number I called said. Why me? My kids really need that money for summer and school clothes. This sucks.

• #4492983
                                                                                                BBROOKS

So does anyone know when they mailed the checks out for July 15th? This site isn’t very active. I heard they mailed them out this past Friday but not sure.

• #4492622
                                                                                                  Atfrasier8
                                                                                                    @atfrasier8

Filed 2020 taxes married filed separate with two dependents listed, my return was processed and my refund was received in March of this year. All stimulus checks received. I have not amended but my status still shows “Eligibility- Pending. You will not received advanced payments at this time”. I have no idea why.

• #4492586
                                                                                                    Bbrooks

Still no $250 … netspend paypal prepaid here

• #4492457
                                                                                                      AutumnC

Ctc just hit my bank account!

• #4492404
                                                                                                        Becks360

Amended 2019 return in 2019 adding a child, and the system has never recognized that amendment outside of me receiving a second refund. I never received a stimulus for that child, and it’s not showing ctc for that child either.

• #4492381
                                                                                                          Tate

@Luzz
                                                                                                            This is the number that was on the letter 1 (800) 908-4184. I called this number they were just answering general questions they don’t have access to your account and they really can’t tell you anything. I had the lady transfer me to someone that could look at my account and actually tell me what’s going on. So I was told because I amended my return I have to wait until it’s completed in order to get my coin.

• #4492353
                                                                                                            TTwaiting

CTC just hit my netspend!!

• #4492345
                                                                                                              Luz
                                                                                                                @luzz

@tate what number did you call and did they actually take your information and look or just give you the info that they have on file…….. i need to call a number for someone to actually assist me…. the number i called said i have to wait until friday to call back and check whats going on

• #4492341
                                                                                                                Tate

So I just got off the phone with the IRS and was told if I filed an amended return I would need to wait until after t is processed and completed in order to get my Unemployment and CTC payments. That’s why it’s showing pending. You will not receive payment at this time. Grrrrrhhhhhhh!!!!!! And they are taking so long to complete the amended returns it’s just ridiculous.

• #4492325
                                                                                                                  Tate

I’m on hold with them now because the number listed on the letter I got a month a go is just to answer simple questions and not to address or look in to you account to see what the issue is. So I was transferred so I can get some type of answer as to why mine says pending but I will not receive any payment. Like really I know for a fact I qualify but they are still reviewing to see if I qualify what the H is this. If I get an update I will post it

• #4492324
                                                                                                                    Luz
                                                                                                                      @luzz

Mines still say Pending you will not receive advance payments at this time…. Not sure why though cause i qualify 100%.

• #4492316
                                                                                                                      Mike

Deposit hit A turbotrash ard just a little bit ago it’s on the way!

• #4492315
                                                                                                                        Tate

My brother just called me to tell me that Netspend sent a text indicating they received a deposit for the CTC payment

• #4492311
                                                                                                                          Tate

Yes, mine says “Pending. You will not receive advance payments at this time” as well. I meet all requirements and my 2020 return has been processed. I got a letter say we qualify and I’m not sure what the IRS is doing. I need to speak with someone about this cause it’s frustrating at this point. I didn’t get an update or anything regarding payment.

• #4492261
                                                                                                                            AutumnC

Online portal finally says the child tax credit will be deposited tomorrow in my bank account. Relief! Updated today. If deposited tomorrow, I’ll receive Friday. That’s just how my bank works. Will update!

• #4492168
                                                                                                                              Mike

Has anyone seen confirmed pending deposits? That will tell us a lot.

Mine also changed today to payment processed July 8th and no deposit yet. They probably havent initiated the ach transfers yet otherwise netspend and others would have hit by now. I know mine hits 2 days early on everything so my best guesstimate is that they will initiate the transfers today/tonight and we may see it tomorrow but if not the 15th or 16th potentially if they don’t initiate the ach till Thursday.

• #4492101
                                                                                                                                Dsca
                                                                                                                                  @dsca

Just checked the tax credit online portal and says payment was sent on the 8th of July to my turbo card account but i haven’t received it. Got my unemployment refund on 7/9 on that same card. I will continue to update.

• #4492053
                                                                                                                                  Aliceinworryland

Audited for EIC & CTC. Haven’t received our 2020 refund yet. 100% eligible, but instead of using our 2019 return, they are going by 2020 returns that are not finished processing. So our status for the CTC is: Pending. You will not receive advance payments at this time. There’s going to be a ton of eligible families who will not receive ACTC because the IRS is using 2020 returns that are on hold for various reasons. We will probably have to claim the CTC on our 2021 taxes.

• #4492052
                                                                                                                                    Gorillamom3

My status online says July 8th processed payment of $500 to my account. I used chime and still no deposit. I also changed my account fr the august payment so not sure what’s going on.

• #4492034
                                                                                                                                      Karebare016

Lex, thanks for your post. That gives me hope that maybe my “pending” status is an error or just hasn’t updated and I will actually see a deposit on the 15th. Has anyone actually received their deposit yet?

• #4492022
                                                                                                                                        Lex
                                                                                                                                          @wherethemoneyresides

I have the “pending” message also when I check the portal. Today I called the number at the top of the letter I received about the fact that I know I am eligible but showing that message. The rep said the online system is off & DD payments aren’t scheduled until the 15th. He mentioned if my payment was not in my account by the 16th to call back out & they will research.

• #4491890
                                                                                                                                          Noonesinterested
                                                                                                                                            @erica87

From what I understand, you do not have to pay back the advance child credit unless you made more money this year then what your annual gross was for the tax year 2020 or if you remove a child that you carried from previous taxes. On the other hand You get half now of your credit and the other half next year. I know I’m not unrolling give me my money. Tomorrow anit promise.

• #4491888
                                                                                                                                            Tas

From what I understand, you do not have to pay back the advance child credit unless you made more money this year then what your annual gross was for the tax year 2021. You get half now of your credit and the other half next year. I know I’m not unrolling give me my money. Tomorrow anit promise. It is what is. That little change will come in handy.

• #4491712
                                                                                                                                              Mommyto3

@Sara
                                                                                                                                                Your husband will have to either unenroll they aren’t updating the portal yet to add and remove children I think till maybe next month if he doesn’t want to unenroll he will get for her up untill he can remove her then at tax time you’ll just have to pay back what you received for her you may get 2 or 3 checks for her untill u can remove her so if it’s not a big deal to pay it back then I wouldn’t worry

• #4491706
                                                                                                                                                dee

I’m lost on this like everyone else. i don’t understand this message:
                                                                                                                                                  Pending. You will not receive advance payments at this time.
                                                                                                                                                  I received all other stimulus payments and have 2 sons that I qualify for the child tax credit for in past years. I received the initial letter that i was eligible and now I don’t know what the portal is all about. It’s almost like they should have just kept doing that they were doing because this is now causing confusion. Am I getting it or not? WOW

• #4491652
                                                                                                                                                  Jena

My amended return is still processing since April I received letter bbn in mail stating I’m eligible for ATC but mine says eligible pending will not receive payment at this time why is it saying this when I’m indeed eligible wtf.

• #4491520
                                                                                                                                                    Buttercup
                                                                                                                                                      @buttercup0086

I checked the portal, it just says eligible to receive and it has my direct deposit. The payment isn’t processed yet though, that box is empty. I though they said it was going to be sent on the 15th, didn’t know it was going to be sent earlier.

• #4491507
                                                                                                                                                      Amb

I spoke to IRS regarding Advance child tax credit 2 days ago. Advised it would be deposited today 7/8. Nothing pending or on transcripts yet. On IRS advance tool it says pending you do not qualify at this time.

• #4491492
                                                                                                                                                        WhiteWolf

I hope this helps someone. Filed simple 1040 on 2/12, no refund yet. States “Still being processed”. I checked the ACTC portal today to make sure I was in line for my first payment 7/15. That portal states, “Pending, you will NOT receive payments”. I am eligible. I got through to a live agent and they explained these two are tethered together. Since I was selected for random 1040 review, they will hold the ACTC. No problem since my daughter and I live in a van. Take your time.

• #4491474
                                                                                                                                                          Southen9700

I’ve read numerous comments this morning where people have the portal saying it’s gonna be mailed but they called and the Irs told them that many portals are not updated yet t show direct deposit but they are in fact getting a it sent direct. deposited and most are saying today and a couple said said for July 12th and 15th. My portal also say mailed as I have got all my tax and stimulus’s deposited. I haven’t called yet but I’m hoping mine isn’t updated as well. Who knows

• #4491387
                                                                                                                                                            Heather
                                                                                                                                                              @hlh0285

Anyone else having trouble?? Everytime I log into the advance child tax credit portal to check my payment status and try to add/update my info, it gives me the message “Welcome Taxpayer” instead of having my name at the top, and then below it I have the message “ Advance Child Tax Credit Payments Is Unavailable at This Time.
                                                                                                                                                              We’re unable to retrieve your information due to a service error. Check back later.” I have checked over and over again for two weeks!

• #4491377
                                                                                                                                                              CourTahKnee

mine states I am eligible & sent by mail rather than the direct deposit I had set up

• #4491370
                                                                                                                                                                Ccardoso54

Mine still says “Pending. You will not receive advance payments at this time” I have had an amended return pending since 04/04 with no update. Tried doing the TAS for hardship but was on hold for 2 hours over the phone.

• #4491321
                                                                                                                                                                  Mommy_3
                                                                                                                                                                    @mommy_3

Why unenroll???

• #4491319
                                                                                                                                                                    Alayna
                                                                                                                                                                      @drifter

[quote quote=4490554]Does anyone know how the IRS will handle accounts for the monthly payments where fees were taking out of our refund? Santa Barbara and TurboTax to be exact,[/quote]

Did you read at all before you posted… Ugh. Check the portal to what it says there is a very high likely hood it will be mailed to the address on file until you update your direct deposit. assuming they don’t want to repeat the last issues. This has been the case of multiple people here that checked.

• #4491262
                                                                                                                                                                      Aliceinworryland

My status also stays “pending, you will not receive payments at this time.”” Definitely eligible… have not yet received 2020 refund. Not getting these payments will hurt us financially even more. Seems like those already waiting on refunds will also have to wait for this.

• #4491249
                                                                                                                                                                        Kay

Mine says it’s “pending” and “you will not receive advance payments at this time blah blah blah…” I filed IS electronically with my tax return in mid-February and it’s still being processed. I even received a letter in the mail from the IRS a month or so ago and it said that I was eligible for the advance CTC. It will be interesting to see what happens.

• #4491197
                                                                                                                                                                          Amy

Yes, mine says “Pending. You will not receive advance payments at this time” as well. I meet all requirements and my 2020 return has been processed.

• #4491158
                                                                                                                                                                            FabFamMama
                                                                                                                                                                              @fabfammama

Good thing I checked the website. Apparently ctc payment was going to be or supposed to be automatically sent direct deposit to the same account used for stimulus and refund….well that is not the case. Website shows no direct deposit on file. Being mailed a check. Of course I changed to direct deposit. But I was like wth. They said we didn’t have to do anything if info on file. Craziness

• #4491163
                                                                                                                                                                              Ashley

Has anyone spoken to a person at the IRS about why their CTC account says eligible but pending and wit receive payments at this time?

• #4491080
                                                                                                                                                                                Alayna
                                                                                                                                                                                  @drifter

Went to check the portal just to make sure it was all correct given issues with the 2nd stimulus. And sure enough they had it marked as being MAILED to address in file even though we have used direct deposit for every other time. I’m so fucking fed up with this incompetent government bullshit. We were told if we filed our taxes we didn’t have to do anything unless we want to opt out. Well now the check will be sent by mail. So we’ll probably never see it.

• #4491092
                                                                                                                                                                                  MSRazorbackPhD
                                                                                                                                                                                    @msrazorckbackphd

FYI-I looked up the info for our CTC payments, and it was being mailed. And yes our refund and stimulus was DD, but 3rd party. I had to update the info, and says Aug payment will be DD!

IF 3rd party…CHECK, because you may get a paper check instead!

• #4490981
                                                                                                                                                                                    Angela

Mine also says Pending but am definitely eligible. Is it possible amended returns still sitting in the hopper are the reason?

• #4490920
                                                                                                                                                                                      Chevonne
                                                                                                                                                                                        @vonnie0218

Mines is saying the same thing and I know I am definitely eligible
                                                                                                                                                                                        Eligible — Pending. You will not receive advance payments at this time
                                                                                                                                                                                        anyone else saying this

• #4490854
                                                                                                                                                                                        Hazel
                                                                                                                                                                                          @hazel

Advance CTC currently shows
                                                                                                                                                                                          Eligible — Pending. You will not receive advance payments at this time.

is this same with you guys?

• #4490853
                                                                                                                                                                                          Kimzie
                                                                                                                                                                                            @kimzie

So any ideas of when the early cards will get the deposits. My lovely ex suddenly wants to see our daughter she is 15 and he has never wanted to see her before. All this will being towards courts n lawyers.

• #4490554
                                                                                                                                                                                            Razer

Does anyone know how the IRS will handle accounts for the monthly payments where fees were taking out of our refund? Santa Barbara and TurboTax to be exact,

• #4490425
                                                                                                                                                                                              Sara

With the update tool, can you add/remove children? My husband claimed his daughter last year, but it is her moms year to claim her this next one. I want to remove her, but keep my kids on there.

• #4490422
                                                                                                                                                                                                Admin
                                                                                                                                                                                                IGMR Admin
                                                                                                                                                                                                  @kimikazemod

@Jc: No ETA yet

• #4490421
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Jc

When will the update tool be available??

• #4490419
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Admin
                                                                                                                                                                                                    IGMR Admin
                                                                                                                                                                                                      @igmr-admin

Post all your questions and updates here!

Viewing 95 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                                                  • The forum ‘2021 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.