9001 Code ***Non-Path Post***

Home Forums General Discussion 2019 Tax Season 9001 Code ***Non-Path Post***

• Topic Starter
    Duncan

Filed 2/6, no credits.

I updated overnight from “We are processing …” with bars to “We cannot provide any information about your refund. If you electronically filed a complete and accurate tax return you should receive your refund in about 21 days from the received date. If you mailed your return please allow 6 weeks.” and “Please mention reference number 9001 to the IRS Customer Service Representative
      IRS Hours of Service: Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.” with no bars. Amount is still showing.

Is this something to be concerned about?

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        MargeInCharge
          @margeeatshamsammys

After you verify, the time frame- NINE WEEKS. Heads up on that. On the plus side, last week, some people got it in 5 days, but some are at week 3.

My advice- CALL. Do NOT verify online. Nobody has gotten theirs yet.

Myke

Update from phone call

Nice IRS lady, first and foremost.
            Basically told me I was randomly selected for ID verification. Was told I’d get a letter in the mail that should be here by this week. Also said it takes up to 21 business days for me to receive the letter.
            Went on to say that after I verify my identity they’ll will confirm and then release and I should get a DDD. Hope this helps anyone in the same boat as me

Myke

21 days today..currently on hold, after trying since 7:15a ct to get through. Will update about this 9001 code as soon as I’m off the phone

duncan
                @duncan

Erica,

You did an @duncan which sent me a notification, because that is my registered username on here, however I am not the person who posted earlier. They must have logged in as a guest and are using the same username

CommonSense

Yeah Erica, I’m sure Duncan is going to answer you.

Erica

@Duncan, did anything ever happen, I’m dealing with the same situation. My status updated to the exact same thing on Feb 23?

Chase

People are saying it means you are required to verify your ID. Not sure how true that is because people are also saying theirs said the same thing but then processed without ID verify and they already have their refunds. I guess keep an eye on the mail for a letter from the IRS. If they don’t send anything then it’s probably just a system glitch.

Down side, you can only ID Verify online if you have a credit card or loan through a bank. I have neither. Their system is trash.

Dee-Dee_Ray

I found this

“n most instances, when you check the status of your return on the “Where’s My Refund?” portal, you will receive a message stating that your return is being processed or that your refund is on its way. Occasionally, you may receive one or more error codes, including IRS Code 9001: “Taxpayer accessed Refund Status using a secondary TIN. Refund Status could not be returned. Get a Primary TIN Analyze account and follow appropriate IRM.” The fix is simple – enter the proper Social Security number or TIN into the “Where’s My Refund?” portal. If you still receive error messages, contact the IRS or an expert such as an attorney with Optima Tax Relieve for further assistance.”

Viewing 7 reply threads
                    • The forum ‘2019 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.