60 day Review with EITC

Home Forums General Discussion 2020 Tax Season 60 day Review with EITC

• This topic has 26 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Waytoolong1988.
  • Topic Starter
    Kristen
      @kristen-diamond

Hey guys, I filed my taxes on 1/14. The IRS received it 1/15. WMR hasnt updated at all and i been stuck on the still processing with no bars. so i called the IRS this morning. The lady on the phone told me that i have been randomly selected for review. She said it could take up to 60 days from when the letter was sent out which was 3/2/20 she said. I know my taxes are done correctly as they are the same every year. Has anyone else gone through this? Will it take the full 60 days for me to get my return? I really hope not.

Viewing 25 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Waytoolong1988

Is anyone still waiting for there taxes like me ? Filed in February eitc 60 day review pandemic then about August I get another letter 60 day review number 2 that 60 day review was up about 20 days ago and it says the same thing still being processed OMFG …………….

Ruby

Has anyone received there refund? I filed on feb 5 was accepted feb 7th it’s been 9 months and still no refund per IRS I owe no back taxes this is crazy!!!

lisa

im in the same boat! my 60 days were up may 16th. last I heard I didnt need to do anything, but now when I gt ahold of alive person, I cant be transferred because there is no one in that department to help me!!!! what is going on???

Jamie

Still Haven’t got my refund!!!! Feb filer here. Can’t get a hold of anyone to talk to either! So tired of this tax year, tired of begging!

chris scott

Did anybody get their return. I also have the 60 day review, which is now at about 70 days and I can’t speak to a live person! If there is anything I can do somebody help please.

Angeleen

I got a 60 day review dated Feb 24 that was post to be up April 24 no letter no correspondence as yet called before Corona shut everything down and was advised nothing was needed from me and to wait.. 60 days came and gone still NO REFUND!! And oh no one is open to answer questions

Angie

I got a 60 day review dated Feb 24 that was post to be up April 24 no letter no correspondence as yet called before Corona shut everything down and was advised nothing was needed from me and to wait.. 60 days came and gone still NO REFUND!! And oh no one is open to answer questions

Tonya

Yes I filed mine on feb 7 thru jackson hewitt and it kept saying no info until I got letter in march saying 60 day review.is there a # anything we can call for date etc?

Jm67

Pass the petition around to everyone you know! We need to stand up! Get things moving! No irs worker should “be doing” so they say from their home period!! Its our private information, if some of the white house info gets leaked due to poor security, how about our information?? Just wrong, its not right!! Why are tax refunds being put on hold for stimulus? Finish what ya start first, dont keep telling people to file as soon as you can when how many people are already just tossed aside!!

Jm67

Sign that petition!! Because this is just wrong!! Ive had wmr say completed than switched to a different date, for state taxes! Fed just says still pending! This is really crappy! Filed and accepted 2-18, paid a cpl hundred to have an accnt do, and for what..?

Shannon lee
                              Keiharts

@annie why would they deny it? did you ever receive your 60 day review letter?

Annie

It’s passed the 60 days reviewed and my income tax return is still being processed. I called but there’s no “live” assistance. Is there any chance they might deny my refund?

Jay A

60 days was up yesterday ! Website is still processing cant speak to a representative haven’t received any other letter this is absurd!!! 🙁 may god be with us

Coolallenstud

It should update Saturday i did my id verified on feb 23 and mar 3 got hit with income accuracy and got approved for direct deposit on April 11 for deposit no later then April 20

Michelle
                                        @michelle0728

My 60 day review was up yesterday. Still no date just saying its being processed😡 i cant even speak with them to see what are my next steps. Still no taxes yet

Conrad

I am going through the same thing. If you claimed earned income tax credit or child tax credit, it is sparking reviews. I do my taxes with HR every year, nothing much changes. I hope this helps.

thicks
                                            @thicks

@patrice22, glory to our merciful and gracious God!

Patrice
                                              @patrice22

Here’s my story:

Filed 1/29 – accepted the same day.

I noticed a delay after a while… I called IRS on 2/24… They told me they sent me a letter. I got it… but it was dated for 2/13. It was a 60 day review/ no action required at this time letter.

Here’s my story:

Filed 1/29 – accepted the same day.

I noticed a delay after a while… I called IRS on 2/24… They told me they sent me a letter. I got it… but it was dated for 2/13. It was a 60 day review/ no action required at this time letter.

Called them back the very same day to speak to someone else. This lady told me that there was a discrepancy with my federal withholding amount reported on my taxes and that it doesn’t match my W-2. She advised me to look at my return that I filed, and amend the return. She told me that it typically takes 16 weeks to process amended returns. I was hesitant, (I didn’t want to tack on additional weeks…) but knew I should do it. I immediately looked at my return after hanging up. Yes. Extra digit in my Federal tax withholding spot. Bummer.

I corrected it right then–within the same HR Block software I used to file it myself, printed it out and mailed it CERTIFIED to my local IRS office. I mailed it certified so that someone would have to sign for it; in order to accept it.

I waited a little bit over a week and a half or so… which lands me to yesterday. I called IRS to check in. I was told (yesterday) that they finished processing the amendment! “That was quick!” I thought to myself.

Anyhow, long story short. I was told I should receive an update this week and that they decided not to group my amended return into the “16 week” processing group, and that they decided to just stay along with my original file and acceptance date… 60 day review date. She said that the latest I would receive my refund is 04/13, but that she really believes it will be sooner.

I think they went along with my original file date with the correction because it was a pretty simple fix that I corrected right inside the same return I electronically filed… But it was an amended 1040-X on the printed docs I sent to them. We’ll see what happens this weekend. I should update then.

Hopeful

Have been on STILL PROCESSING for sometime, no letters, I never called.. had a ID verification not even but just 2 years ago and didn’t get refund until like June or later..WTF! I am not calling or anything this year though.. I kind of feel like when you call they can and will give any code they want, sooo I am Just leaving it alone this year, accountant does them every year so no reason for it!!

toritt1111

I received the same thing! filed the 7th of January, accepted the 15th of January.. received a CP05 letter stating I am under a 60 review for verifying income.. still waiting with no update!

ProudFatherOF1

@val do you have the number to speak to a real live person? My 21 days is up today?

Val

Hello i called the irs and got the same answer 60day review and it started 3/02/2020 the lady from irs told me not always does it take 60 days you just have to wait and check ever now and then you might get it sooner!

Elca
                                                        @lcar

They won’t admit that they are stalling people who filed for EITC, but they definitely are. The PATH act hold was supposed to be up 2/15, so funds should’ve been up right after. It’s annoying. It makes me never want to claim EITC again.

kickAbuck
                                                          @lilweed

PROOF 60 wait is BS/stall

My daughter and myself work for same place,live at same address.
                                                          she filed threw TT like me and got her refund 2 weeks ago.

I was told “under review’ for IRS to verify employer part of w2s (part that employer sends to IRS)

how can my kids be there but not mine?

JeremyF

They are telling people this to make people stop calling. You’ll notice on these forums people saying the same thing. The day people call is the day they will tell you your review started or letter was sent out. It’s pretty cruddy. They said by the 1st week of March, which is this week most would be sent out, but more than likely it will be next week. I’m still waiting on mine as well. Filed 1/25 accepted 1/28. Been on being processed since 2/15.

Viewing 25 reply threads
                                                        • The forum ‘2020 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.