60 day Review letter dated 3/2/20

Home Forums General Discussion 2020 Tax Season 60 day Review letter dated 3/2/20

• This topic has 87 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Mr.60 day.
  • Topic Starter
    Kristen
      @kristen-diamond

Im creating this feed for people who received a 60 day review with letter dated 3/2/20. I have seen others dated 2/28 and have already got their returns today 3/5/20. Hopefully we dont have to wait the full 60 days. If you could update us if you get ur refund before the 60 days!!!

Thanks!!

Viewing 86 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Mr.60 day

I files my taxes on feb 9 , got the letter for the 60 days nowwwww on july 20 got another 60 day review letter…!!!?

J C

HOLY CRAP! I woke up today and checked the wheres my refund website and my $9k is finally being deposited tomorrow! Its a miracle lol NO not really….just finally after getting the 60 day notice it only took double that time!

ShottyB

WHY ARE YOU FOLKS SO DUMB! The IRS has been closed! Did you bitch this much when they were open and you owed? Ha

Joker92

I received my 60 day notice and May 30th was 60 days. Still no refund, no update on where’s my refund. Has anyone got information as far as what to do now?

lifehappens
                  @fab2020

@joe482482
                  Contact your senator you will get results

Joe482482

I filed on 2/4/20
                    Started to call around 3/1/20
                    And was told I would receive a letter in mail on what’s going on (with the 60 day review)
                    I received the letter on 3/7/20 and it was dated for 3/16/20? Stating there would be a 60 day review

We are now passed the 60 days
                    Both “60 days”
                    When the letter was received, and dated
                    and there’s no way to call

What do we do?
                    We are passsd due on so many bills and have a shut off notice in the mail this week

beau little
                      @beau-little

i filed my taxes on Feb 1 and they were accepted same day by the irs, didnt receive a notice for the cp05 until 03/16/2020, after i made a phone call on march 13th to the irs, here it is 60days after that notice and still no word from the irs! cant call phones are not being answered, in the notice it states if you dont have your refund or hear from us by 45days call and see whats up!!! anyone got any advice on what to do

Alex A.

I filed Feb. 24, accepted same day. I received a 4464 notice dated March 11 telling me that my return was under review and that I had to wait 60 days. Well, THE 60 DAYS ARE UP!!! Where is my REFUND??!! What is going on, man?

Alex A.

FishingCudas

Ashalex

Anyone get there refund after 60 days yet? Still waiting on mine. 😪

Becca
                              @mehickr

I had a spike in income and i think that is what is holding it up… I plan on calling the irs on my 60th day. Has anyone really tried or just assumed that it would not work?? My 60 days will be on 5-21-20.

A. Abrego

Filed 03 Feb 2020 no word on my return. I waited 21 days and didnt call because i was afraid of the long line it could of had. So i gave it another 2 weeks finally called, and the lady told me That i should if received a letter. 2 days after the call , i got the letter.
                                Says it will take 60 days from the date(15 mar 2020) on the letter which is 16 May 2020.

1 question: Do weekenda and holiday count towards the time?
                                2 how many if yall had a spike in income from the previous year??

Jamie

I got the review letter dated 2/19/20 stating under review for 60 days. Here it is 5/9/20 and I still haven’t received my federal tax refund. Of course you can’t call the phone number they tell you to call because of the covid-19 shutdown. Everyone I know that got that letter dated 2/19/20 has received their federal refunds. I could definitely use my refund bc my car broke down.

Becca

I am in the same boat thanks for the article. I filed on 2-5-20 and received a cp05 letter on 3-23-20. I have lost all faith on my return, I don’t expect to see it until maybe next year.

Nieceyboo27

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/20/irs-tax-refund-delays-snail-mail-193786

If you haven’t seen the info on the above link try to go check it out it has a lot of answers to some of our question…..

Redd

What if you have 4464c letter what do you about that

ANTONIO787
                                          @antonio787

NO UPDATE OMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGG IM GONNA GO CRAZYYYYYY WHAT CAN I DOOOOO? I NEEDDD MYYYY MONNNEEEYYYYY!!!!! IRS BUNCH OF THIEVES YA SHOULD BE IN PRISON FOR STEALING $6000 FROM ME SMH IM SOOOOO MAD IDK WHAT TO DO I CANT CALL I CANT DO ANYTHING SMH THE GOVERNMENT GOT SO MUCH POWER OVER US AND CANT NOBODY TELL THEM NOTHING IM PISSED

Ddavis

I got a letter dated 3/6 and I still haven’t received my taxes says not to call till 5/6

Bobby Lynn Pittman

Social security administration had me and my brother birthday mixed up ,2 12 79,

thicks
                                                @thicks

To find your local taxpayer advocate, visit taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov. I don’t know if you’ll be able to speak to anyone right away, but you may get a recording with some instructions, and you’ll be able to leave a message, and (eventually) one will get back to you.

ANTONIO787
                                                  @antonio787

Got my stimulus check at least thank God something good happened to me now I need my refund I think I never gonna see that money tho smh I need to speak with a tax advocate but I can’t get in contact cause I think they all close .does anybody know a tax advocate number that I can call and speak to someone?

Dave

If u have a cpo5 letter call your local tax advocate and get them to verify your income if not you’ll be waiting until June for your refund

Candace

Has anyone gotten a DDD updated on their account after a 570 hold code without being asked for more information or giving more information? I got a letter 3/2 for my 60 day review, but the 570 code on my transcript has a date of 3/23. I still haven’t gotten any more requests of information though. I know people are in the same boat, just wondering if anyone who has updated with a DDD was in this position first. Thanks!

JoJo
                                                        @bowsbyjo

I received my letter 3/9 However I reached out to a TA and then the virus hit and she was MIA for weeks. I finally got a call today from someone who picked up all the OG TA’s cases and let me know that they IRS released our refund!!! IF you are stuck I suggest getting a TA!!!

Nicholas Brasi

Accepted 1/27 , Received review letter 2/19 WMR has been saying still processing since then, was told by IRS no action needed just wait the 60 days check the mail you may receive another letter sometime if we need info we’ll how the hell is this working because they are not sending out mail due to virus smh !

Lexi

Still processing and you cant get anyone to answer the damn phones its been 2 months i need my money why do they do this to us

Nikki

I filed 2/10/20 . Got a 60 day noice of review on Feb 21,202. I contacted the irs before they close. They told me to do nothing but wait.. as of today my status is still being processed. Is anybody that was under review receive their refund before the 60 days were up or right at 60 days?

Lexi

Where do u find ur ddd

Lexi

So mad been waiting for my taxes got a review letter dated 3/9 havent heard anything really need my money

ANTONIO787
                                                                    @antonio787

WMR no update no stimulus check no pending transactions on my bank account for the stimulus check I swear I’m the worst I have no luck smh this stressing me out stupid government bunch of thieves 😤

Carrie
                                                                      @cadkins85

@Candace you will see a bottom code of 846 refund issued and then a date after. If you don’t have that you don’t have a ddd yet. The 570 code means there is a hold on your account.

Candace

How do you know what your ddd is? And where does it post on your transcript? My as of date is now April 27th (cycle code 20201005) but I still have a 570 code from 3/23 and a 766 and an 806 code with 4/15.

• #4402524
                                                                        Coolallenstud

I id verified on feb 23 and got further accuracy verification on March 3rd for 90 days final got approved on April 11 for a deposit date of no later then April 20 to be credited in my account direct deposit

• #4401863
                                                                          ANTONIO787
                                                                            @antonio787

I think I never gonna see an update its been more than 2 months this is abuse smh I lost all hope I guess the money hungry government need that money more than me

• #4401721
                                                                            Lupay jay

Got 2 letters 2 dates first was 60 days from letter on date feb.07 and second letter was 60 days from feb 11th so officially tomorrow will be 60 days since the letter so far nothing no updates no answered irs calls nothing!!

• #4401149
                                                                              Brianna

Filed 2/6
                                                                                Accepted/Processed 3/16
                                                                                570 3/16
                                                                                971 3/23

Still waiting for DDD

• #4401073
                                                                                Kristen
                                                                                  @kristen-diamond

After countless days of nothing changing on my transcript. My TA called me on my way to work to tell me i got a DDD of 4/15!! Finally!!!!!! I checked my transcripts and yep DDD of 4/15!!! No changes to WMR yet!

Best of luck to everyone else!!

Ill update again when its posted in my bank. Hopefully before the 15th!

• #4400750
                                                                                  Liz C

My taxes got accepted 1/27 got a letter 2/19 saying it needed 60 days to review. Checked today. Still says processing. I know I had owed taxes because the person that filed my taxes did not add one of my jobs, but received a letter January saying they were amended and I had to do nothing.. set up payment plan to pay the past due balance monthly. Got letter a few weeks back stating it was accepted & still nothing.

• #4400611
                                                                                    Kristen
                                                                                      @kristen-diamond

Still no update from me. The 20th is right around the corner. Im getting beyond fustrated at this point.

• #4399819
                                                                                      Momma of 4

Filed 2/3 accepted 2/3 got put under in 2/20 60 days! Called 3/20 was told nothing changed and not to call back unless I didn’t have it or atleast at date by 4/20 ( my 60 days). After reading these post I’m really freaking out. As of today still nothing showing on wmr!

• #4399749
                                                                                        Nieceyboo27

Filed and accepted 01/27/20 Got processing 03/05/20 then got verification letter 03/09/20 was told it could take 9wks then call on 03/16/20 and was told everything looks good it turning around then got a letter for 60 day review on 3/23/20 wmr is still saying being processed smh what’s going on?

• #4399711
                                                                                          Ms Dee

@ProudFatherOF1
                                                                                            Yes it updated around 1140pm on the 4/3 and at 345am on 4/4 WMR updated

• #4399469
                                                                                            ProudFatherOF1

@GoFigure Congratulations 🎉the wait is finally over for you. I’m in central time so idk if WMR updated yet in my time zone kinda nervous to check smh

• #4399467
                                                                                              GoFigure

DDD 4/08

• #4399462
                                                                                                ProudFatherOF1

@ms.Dee is that what your transcripts state and congratulations 🎉

• #4399460
                                                                                                  Ms Dee

March 20, 2020 at 4:11 am

Ms Dee
                                                                                                    Accepted 1/27/20
                                                                                                    Code 570 2/24/20
                                                                                                    Code 971 3/02/20
                                                                                                    Recvd Letter a week later
                                                                                                    As of today 4/04/20
                                                                                                    DDD 4/8/20

• #4399456
                                                                                                    @braybray11

I was an early filer! I filed January 17th….got a cp05 form dated for 3-2-20….finally got a date yesterday for Wednesday 🙌🏽

• #4398931
                                                                                                      Boaba

Got letter feb 19 still nothing

• #4398624
                                                                                                        Cotico

I got the letter yesterday, date 03/24, I am very concerned as we’ve been doing taxes for the last 5 years married jointly but before I had taxID now I got my social and W2 as I started working, should that be the reason were selected? I am very concerned about the outcome of this situation.

• #4398141
                                                                                                          5Piece
                                                                                                          • #4398139
                                                                                                            Belle
                                                                                                              @bell1819

Btw I filed 1/16/20 and didn’t know I was under review until 2/24/20 only cause i kept calling to see why I didn’t get a date when lots of others got 1 on 2/22/20 which was the 1st batch of ppl with EITC and CTC

• #4398137
                                                                                                              Belle
                                                                                                                @bell1819

Cp05 letter dated 3/2/20 got a TA and sent in documents now as of 3/28/20 warmer updated with bars and I have a date of 4/3/20

• #4397935
                                                                                                                Dave

No update here woke up in a rotten fking mood checked WMR site now I’m really pissed off.

• #4397772
                                                                                                                  madams

Got one dated 3/2. Then received another letter yesterday stating they are requiring an additional 60 days. Yay for no good news.

• #4397704
                                                                                                                    Dave

FACT in 2008 George Bush sighed the stimulus package on February 13 the IRS didn’t deposit the money in your account until late April 2008

• #4397332
                                                                                                                      Kristen
                                                                                                                        @kristen-diamond

Update:
                                                                                                                        Filed for a TA. They called me 3 days later. She told me my job didnt report my income to the IRS so my income was about 10k off. She asked me to send a letterhead letter from my boss to her. i explain i can do that with the next hour and how soon could it take to process it and she told me i would hear something by 4/20/20. This is beyond fustrating.

I just want my money!!!

• #4397182
                                                                                                                        DeeDee83
                                                                                                                          @deedee83

Hello all, I’m in another 60 day review thread but here is my run down: filed 2/18, accepted 2/19, received 60 day review letter on 3/9 that was dated for 3/2 and not one single game thing has changed since then except for the bars disappearing on wmr. Reached out to my state representatives and was given a tax advocate that hasn’t even called me yet and they won’t give me her number, only send me to a voicemail. Isn’t AMERICA GREAT??? 🙄

• #4397165
                                                                                                                          Cece

I filed on 2/4. Just got a letter last week dated 3/16 that I was selected for review. Nothing has changed in my status. This is very stressful as my family has been waiting on this money since an uninsured driver totaled my car.

• #4397012
                                                                                                                            Cindy

Has anyone received a secondary letter?

• #4396885
                                                                                                                              Ericka kay

Letter date march 16th

• #4396849
                                                                                                                                Noey

60 day review started 3/5.

Called IRS today spoke with a agent whom stated they have two systems one hasnt been updated… she then went to say that in her other system she sees a DDD .. puts me on hold for 8 mins to say there’s no date and i have to wait 60 days.. there is nothing needed from me.

Beyond frustrated!!!!

Wmr still processing..

• #4396834
                                                                                                                                  taxRefund2020

Letter 3/9
                                                                                                                                    Still no change to WMR still professing 3/24. :?

• #4395839
                                                                                                                                    Ms Dee

Accepted 1/27/20
                                                                                                                                      Code 570 2/24/20
                                                                                                                                      Code 971 3/02/20
                                                                                                                                      Recvd Letter a week later
                                                                                                                                      As of today 3/20/20
                                                                                                                                      Still no DDD

• #4395827
                                                                                                                                      Twiceunlucky

Received my CP05 notice today dated for 3/16 and my processing date was 3/9. Called and they said we were randomly selected for a 60 day review. This happened to us last year too! Same exact thing. “Randomly selected” for a 60 day review. Last year it took exactly 2 weeks for our review to be completed. We received our return 18 days after the date of our letter. Hoping for the same outcome this year 😞.

• #4395028
                                                                                                                                        Leah C

Filed and accepted 1/27. 20200705. Processing and “as of” date 3/2…. 971 3/9. Still just processing. Nothing happens every week. :(

• #4394717
                                                                                                                                          Just saying

Uhhh my letter came feb 19 dated Feb 13. I haven’t had any changes since my bars disappeared about a week before that. I don’t think anyone else’s timelines can be used as relevant information for your own, otherwise you’d have to also see mine: technically under review longer and still waiting.

• #4394680
                                                                                                                                            GoFigure

But …I am gonna peek at the WMR on Saturday morning 😃

• #4394679
                                                                                                                                              GoFigure

@JoJo
                                                                                                                                                I’m not hopeful anymore. Something’s just not right. If it’s a true review, then cool (sorta) but playing mind games with everyone and people getting the letter and getting a DDD afterwards…just doesn’t make sense. I for some reason think there’s a glitch somewhere. Ok, my name was pulled from a hat? Nah, I don’t buy it.

• #4394630
                                                                                                                                                JoJo

@RogerRabbit

Same! CP05 was dated 3/9 I’m hoping this Friday is our day!!!! Fingers crossed!!!

• #4394451
                                                                                                                                                  RogerRabbit

filed/accepted 1/28
                                                                                                                                                    pather…been processing til 2/15 then path message then back to processing on 2/16. Says is being processed since then. Received CP05 effective 3/09 received it last week.
                                                                                                                                                    20200705 cycle code. As of date: 03/02 971 03/09

• #4394463
                                                                                                                                                    Ms Dee

Accepted 1/27/20
                                                                                                                                                      Code 570 2/24/20
                                                                                                                                                      Code 971 3/02/20
                                                                                                                                                      Recvd Lettet a week later
                                                                                                                                                      Still no DDD

• #4394421
                                                                                                                                                      Tax Preparer

Update : 03/14 to DDD 03/18

Client received CP05 letter dated 03/02 – checked WMR on Saturday 03/14 – updated to DDD 03/18 .

• #4394402
                                                                                                                                                        Rhonda

My daughter has 1 w2 & 1 child, single, never married, sole legal custody through the courts and she got her letter that she was under 60day review. Filed Jan 27th , accepted Jan31st, Letter dated March 9th.

• #4393566
                                                                                                                                                          Charmill

Filed 2/5 accepted 2/5
                                                                                                                                                            Still processing since 2/18
                                                                                                                                                            cp05 letter today starts 3/16…
                                                                                                                                                            Got transcripts thru mail 2/28
                                                                                                                                                            No update to wmr 😔…maybe this week

• #4392647
                                                                                                                                                            Junior

Filed 1/28 accepted2/2 say my 60 days start on 3/16 haven’t received my letter yet any update for anybody in my situation same dates or anything don’t know if anybody under review has receive there’s would like to know what day you file and your review started

• #4392588
                                                                                                                                                              Kristen
                                                                                                                                                                @kristen-diamond

Still waiting!!! This completely sucks!

• #4392525
                                                                                                                                                                Katie Elizabeth

Received my letter yesterday, my taxes were accepted Jan 20. Hoping they come soon! I have never had an issue before!

• #4391521
                                                                                                                                                                  Swtmel

I’m hoping for a miracle and surprise deposit on Netspend. Doubtful but there’s a small chance right 🥺🤪

• #4391416
                                                                                                                                                                    Nico

Just got off the phone with the irs and was told I’d be under review and not to call back unless I haven’t received my review by May 25. 🤦‍♀️ this is so stressful

• #4390568
                                                                                                                                                                      Kristen
                                                                                                                                                                        @kristen-diamond

@Johnny that’s awesome hopefully I get mine soon! I’m growing impatient!

• #4390555
                                                                                                                                                                        Johnny

Got a DDD of 3/12.

• #4389414
                                                                                                                                                                          Johnny

My WMR is blank. There is nothing. All i get is “we have received your tax return and it is being processed.

• #4389203
                                                                                                                                                                            Lmb

Filed 1,23,2020 accepted 1,27,2020. 20200705 cycle number notice sent dates 3,9,2020 570 code 3,2,2020. Under 60 day review for income verification. Nothing. Needed from called. Called tax advocate will hear back in 5 days from intake rep. But hoping for Saturday update if not looks like it’s not happening

• #4389187
                                                                                                                                                                              JeremyF

Kristen

@kristen-diamond

I filed on 1/25 and accepted 1/28 and have had the being processed message since the 15th. I haven’t gotten a letter or anything either. What I’m seeing more and more of is people getting told they are under review and getting letters sent out once they call. Almost like it’s a way to get people off the phone and to stop calling. If we don’t have updates by Saturday I give up.

• #4389184
                                                                                                                                                                                Kristen
                                                                                                                                                                                  @kristen-diamond

@Jeremy F Mine says we have received your return and it is being processed.

I filed 1/14/20
                                                                                                                                                                                  Accepted 1/15/20 by IRS

Called 3/3/20 and the lady told me i was under a random 60 day review. Letter dated 3/2/20. Which makes no sense as my taxes have been the same for the last 5 years.

I see some people got their 60 day review letter 2/28 and actually got a DDD of 3/5/20. So hopefully we will get a update soon!

• #4389178
                                                                                                                                                                                  JeremyF

Johnny and Kristen what does your WMR say?

• #4389174
                                                                                                                                                                                    Johnny

I got my 60 day review in the mail today and said 3/02. Hopefully the refund comes sooner. I will update when i receive it! Hopefully you get it before I.

Viewing 86 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                                  • The forum ‘2020 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.