2021 Amended Tax Returns

Home Forums General Discussion 2021 Tax Season 2021 Amended Tax Returns

• Topic Starter
    maryjaneslastdance

Hey y’all so I had to amend my federal after the unemployment tax break to claim the EIC which we are newly eligible. This is my first year amending ever… I’m just wondering who’s in the same boat, what are your experiences. Anyone already amended this year? Just want any info y’all have 😊 TIA

Viewing 15 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        DeidreC1014
          @deidrec1014

I amended mine in March and it shows as accepted but haven’t seen or heard anything else yet!

Kayyy

My status changed to approved on WMR not WMAR

SandraA
              @sla921

Amended return received 4/5 by IRS for 2020 and nothing on WMAR or on Transcripts when checked on 7/9/21. Advised Congressman’s office.

Angela

Has anyone seen movement for amended returns? This is my first time filing since I was eligible for new credits with the adjustment. Accepted 4/30. As of date has been sitting at 5/31 for a while.

Any advice or hope would be appreciated!

SandraA
                  @sla921

Amended return for 2020 will not be processed until they finish with my 2020 8962/1095 Premium Offset refund; still waiting for ACA Penalty refund.

The 2019 Amended return posted last week with a 5/24 filing date (sent in March 2021) and it has an “AS OF” of 7/5.

Let’s see.

Mama24boys

Anyone have any updates for amended returns? Nothing for me yet. It shows received and now shows amended received on my transcript (but still doesn’t have the original showing). Filed/accepted April 6th for first and amended accepted May 6th.

Lala

My as of date is June 14 but still no payment adjustment or anything showing progress on my transcript or wmar

Monica Rivera

@lala filed amended on feb 27th… Accepted that same day… And still showing received… The only thing that has changed is my as of date which is may 31st 2021… And i now have the 2021 tab on my tax account..

Lala

I amended my 2020 taxes on feb26 going on 14 weeks and still nothing just says received

maryjaneslastdance

Anyone seen any movement

SandraA
                              @sla921

My WMAR has not updated for the 2019 return. All I had to do was correct filing status. I mailed it Priority and it was received 3/29/2021 yet no info on wmar or transcripts.

2020 return not processed and sent amendment 4/9 to adjust filing status. Also nothing done because they have not processed my return since acceptance 2/11.

maryjaneslastdance

On WMAR it says it was received…. I just hope it doesn’t take 16 weeks for real

Monica
                                  @bossladymmr

I amended feb 27th..11 weeks and 1 day…hopefully soon..i keep u all posted

Kayyy

I amended on May 4. WMAR updated May 14th to recv’d. This is my first time amending as well. I haven’t recv’d taxes or 3rd stimulus. Originally accepted 2/11.

jackblakk

I amended May 2 for the same reason. I have not seen anybody report movement on this yet. Hopefully since it is pretty simple, it will be a little faster. I file through TT portal.

Nancy

I amended as well.. nothing yet 🥺 I’m hoping it’s really not the 16weeks they say it takes. I still haven’t gotten my third stimulus at all

Viewing 15 reply threads
                                    • The forum ‘2021 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.