Home Forums General Discussion 2020 Tax Season 12c letter TurboTax

• Topic Starter
    Mzmoore
      @mzmoore

I filed 1/24 with TT
      accepted 1/27

never received Path

2/16 wmr changed to
      Your tax return is still being processed.
      A refund date will be provided when available.
      Please read the following information related to your tax situation:
      • Tax Topic 152, Refund Information

received a letter (12c) in the mail today dated 2/24

to verify W2’s due to excess social security

I called the IRS and was told I added $1 to line 11 on my 1040.

I had to fax the letter in and write on the bottom this was a mistake and fax it to the number listed.

6-8 weeks the IRS rep said it may take for my refund.

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Mzmoore
          @mzmoore

Cassie I don’t know if you used the turbo card but for some reason I received a customer courtesy credit not sure why I am going to call later

Cassie

I can’t do it online either but it let me order transcripts by mail. It didn’t let me get my 2019 before today

Mzmoore
              @mzmoore

I have not Cassie I tried to do online and couldn’t I did request via mail.

Cassie

Mzmoore

Have you seen anything change yet? I’m able to order my 2019 transcripts now

Cassie

This is so messed up. For a damn dollar. I faxed them my w2s and a statement that it was a mistake on 2/25. So we should get our money about the same time. So not doing TT next year. I didn’t see anyone until you with the $1 issue. I was so confused when I read my 12c letter. From what I have seen in the past it’s 3 to 4 weeks not the 8 weeks. So hoping to see my refund around mid march

Mzmoore
                    @mzmoore

I think they messed up because I have seen others post the same thing and it was a lot of people who filed through TT who had to verify income

Cassie

Exact same for me. I also filed through turbo tax? Think that’s a coincidence or did they mess it up?

Viewing 6 reply threads
                  • The forum ‘2020 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.