12C letter

Home Forums General Discussion 2022 Tax Season 12C letter

• This topic has 13 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Becca D.
  • Topic Starter
    Becca D

Anyone with a 12C letter have a date yet?

Viewing 12 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Becca D

Officially almost 8 weeks since I sent documentation via fax…..anyone, anyone….Getting to be a bit ridiculous.

Lboogie

Is there a fax number to fax w2s for irs?

Mi-Dime
              @dimetime

Haven’t seen nothing change na on acct and I haven’t paid TurboTax. I’ve fax two so they can’t say they didn’t get it

CG

I called the irs and they sent out correspondence, but they couldn’t see what the letter was. I would just have to answer some questions, fax some documents and respond within 85 days. Is it the 12c, if so, what documents are they requesting?

Sha

I received a 12c letter. I filed February 5 I haven’t had any updates not one answer when I called to talk to a live agent and then on April 11 I receive a transcript with ddd, to I receive a date and bars that moved to Ddd 3/15/22

Mi-Dime
                    @dimetime

This info from 7 yr rep. She gave me a new fax number and recommended to re fax. Hints call the IRS NUMBER PRESS 1 for English . Wait for the first prompt to stop press 2, 2,3,2 and wait . Should take u to general information rep. Transcript NA🤦‍♀️ Idk where or if I will get refund at this point

Mi-Dime
                      @dimetime

I’m in the same boat file first week of feb letter mar 1 asking for proofs of health insurance. Not sure why if I’ve been doing the same job for the last three yrs. I fax the very next day when I rec’d the letter. Also this weekend 4/08 a rep said the fax number listed on the “ irs letter” she didn’t know nothing about this number. She wasn’t sure about a new process but usually they send out notifications when something new is happening. Continue

Becca D

Its been 5 weeks since I faxed in my W2’s and nothing…..This happened 2 years ago and it took an extra 4-5 weeks. Hopefully some movement for us this week. I have a simple return, no credits, and yet they want to confirm my income. A bit ridiculous.

whereyatrefund?
                          @whereyatrefund

This is the worst. It is still in errors department. They have received documentation but it is still in errors. Anything in errors is “delayed 16 weeks from today because they are really behind” and then gave me this website to look up dates. I want to cry right now. irs.gov/covid

whereyatrefund?
                            @whereyatrefund

Bit the bullet and finally called. Am now on hold while she researches the account…

whereyatrefund?
                              @whereyatrefund

Nope. Nothing. Faxed in documents on 3/11.

Derrick Ray
                                @banner1124

Got a 12C as well. Been 4 weeks since I faxed the requested documents and I haven’t seen any progress either. Quite frankly the fact that I even got a 12C letter was infuriating because my taxes are very simple and have been the same for years now. The fact that I got the letter means that someone had absolutely zero idea what they were doing and now I’m stuck waiting because of THEIR incompetence

Christina
                                  @christina85

I received a 12C letter and it’s been 5 weeks since I faxed the requested documents and not a single update.

Viewing 12 reply threads
                              • The forum ‘2022 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.