Reply To: Post here if wmr says Your tax return is still being processed

Home Forums General Discussion 2018 Tax Season Post here if wmr says Your tax return is still being processed Reply To: Post here if wmr says Your tax return is still being processed

• Topic Starter
    ineedtoknow

Mine is still saying this..but it updated today with the refund amount on the side> This happen to anyone else?

See the Latest Replies to this Topic: Post here if wmr says Your tax return is still being processed

WantMyMoneyNow

I have followed this thread for months now. Here’s my story…

I filed 1/31, accepted 2/1. Lost bars a few weeks later. Got 4464c letter dated 2/22. My 60 days was up 4/23. I called the IRS in early March. The lady said that there was nothing I needed to do and to wait the 60 days. I called the IRS 4/23 and the man stated he didn’t have info on why they were holding my taxes but he put in the referral for it to be released. He said prossesing the referral could take another 60 days. He also suggested I get a Tax Advocate to expedite the process because they are essentially the only ones who can speed the process up.
      I called Tax Advocate 4/24. The woman confirmed my information and said I should receive a call from the advocate on 4/27. Surprisingly, my advocate called on 4/26. She explained everything clearly and thoroughly. She said I left a W2 off of my return (which I knew but I was going to amend after I received my refund) and she also said another employer submitted one of my W2’s to the IRS twice. She said she sent a referral for my return to be released. She told me to be checking my account between May 2nd-May 15th. She stated she would call me back on May 15th for an update and hopefully I would have the return by then so she could close my case. She also told me that I was daily update and not a weekly update. She said if I was a weekly update it would take longer. I told the advocate that I had a disconnection notice for utilities but she never asked me to send proof. She also told me that on her end it looks like the IRS owes me another $350 in earned income credit and that I could do an amended after I got my return if I wanted to. I’m assuming it has something to do with the double W2 submission by my employer but I’m not sure. By the way, I’m in Florida and my tax advocate is in Jacksonville. Oh one last thing, my advocate said the IRS is really backed up and that they could ask for additional days beyond the May 15th deadline she gave them. She said since she knows they are backed up, they usually grant them the extra days.

My honest opinion is that if your return is still being held and it’s past the 60 days or your 60 days is approaching then more than likely there is a problem with your return. If you don’t get a tax advocate and find out exactly what the issue is, the IRS will probably take as long as they want to process your return and it probably won’t get processed until the rush is over which would probably be June/July or longer. If I hadn’t gotten an advocate, I probably would still be waiting like the rest of you.

• The forum ‘2018 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.