Reply To: CP05 Letter

Home Forums General Discussion 2018 Tax Season CP05 Letter Reply To: CP05 Letter

• Topic Starter

I received a CP05 letter today in mail stating I was under review and I needed to do nothing but wait and if I have not received my refund or another letter by April 26 to call Irs. Had anyone else experienced this ? If so, was it a long process and did u have to wait until the date on the letter to receive your refund ?

See the Latest Replies to this Topic: CP05 Letter

jls825

I totally agree. When I looked at my transcripts it shows mine was actually processed on 2/26 and when I called a few weeks ago she said yes it is processed but they freeze the funds while they are reviewing it. I got the same spiel that they do not have the info on their end as to why it is being reviewed or where it is in the process but they are going in order. She said it doesn’t always take the full 60 days but I was off the phone already when I remembered the letter said 45 days on 4/26. So now we are looking at 5/10 and they will probably have another excuse then as well. It would be different if my CP05 letter had a code but all it says is held for review. It is completely wrong to hold without explanation.

• The forum ‘2018 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.