Reply To: received cp05 letter after refund is already approved on WMR?

Home Forums General Discussion 2018 Tax Season received cp05 letter after refund is already approved on WMR? Reply To: received cp05 letter after refund is already approved on WMR?

• Topic Starter
    Michael Wood

Irs approved my refund last week and check is scheduled to mailed out on April 9, 2018 which was yesterday. But yesterday as well I received a Cp05 letter that is dated April 9, 2018 the same day my check is supposed to be mail out. So today I went to irs.gov to check where’s my refund and my refund status says refund sent with all 3 bars fully lit and it says your refund was mailed out on April 9, 2018. So will I still get my refund even though I received the cp05 letter dated the same day as my refund date? Why would irs approve me and send out a cp05 letter doesn’t make any sense. Wouldn’t where my refund tracker change to not being sent because of the cp05 letter or was it a generated letter?

See the Latest Replies to this Topic: received cp05 letter after refund is already approved on WMR?

Squidman

I had my refund deposited this morning and also received a CP05 today. The IRS is just messing things up left and right.

• The forum ‘2018 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.