Reply To: Received 4464C Letter

Home Forums General Discussion 2018 Tax Season Received 4464C Letter Reply To: Received 4464C Letter

• Topic Starter
    Lisa

Hi all,

I filed 1/25 accepted a few hours later. Requested transcripts 2/4. Received letter 4464C (review letter) today 2/12. Not only did I receive 4464C letter dated 2/7 but I also received blank transcripts date 2/5 saying return not received. With the dates of the letters only a few days apart, how could my return be under review if just 2/5 transcripts said no return received. Anywho I call the tax advocate as waiting 60 days for my refund would put me in a bit of a financial hardship as I am a single mother of 2 (yes claiming both credits) per the advocate he explained from what he could see everything matched up on my return and went through the entire spill about the new tax law holding up certain refunds with certain credits. He placed me on hold 2x to look over my return and explained again he didn’t see why they would hold mine for 60 days and at this point because the advocate did not see any issue or reason for the review there was really nothing they could work with. He explained I could either get my return at the end of feb, beginning of March and if by the 2nd week if nothing to call back to discuss my hardship further. Has anyone else been through this? If so please share

See the Latest Replies to this Topic: Received 4464C Letter

TheAlchemist

I filed 1/23. I went from processing, to losing bars, to PATH message, to still processing. I talked to the IRS twice who told me that I was under review, letter CP05 was sent out and the only thing I could do was wait 45 days to see if my refund would be released. I ended up talking to a tax advocate last week who looked up my return and let me know that my refund was processed on 3/2 and to keep checking WMR for a DDD by 3/22. On 3/9 after talking to the TA, I received letter 4464C dated 3/6 that said my refund was being reviewed and to wait 60 days. I woke up to a DDD of 3/15 this morning. So it seems like the IRS really are doing extra reviews but usually will release your refund in less than 45 days as long as there aren’t any major discrepancies.

• The forum ‘2018 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.