When does IRS accept tax returns in 2019?

The IRS begins accepting and processing tax returns on January 28, 2019.  According to the IRS, Where’s My Refund tool is the best way to check the status of your tax refund.

When Can You File Taxes in 2019?

Most tax preparers will allow you to enter and submit your tax return beginning the first week of January 2019.  You don’t need to wait for the IRS to start accepting tax returns to start, but you must have the proper forms and paperwork. Some forms are not available until mid January and some even later.  When you submit your return before the IRS begins processing, it will sit in a “queue” and be held until the date that the IRS will officially accept tax returns.  If you e-file early and it sits in queue, your return may be sent to the IRS early in a test batch. This has resulted in early direct deposits in the past, but also major glitches because they are tests after all.

2019 Refund Cycle Chart

The most recent tax refund cycle charts have already been published. The official IRS tax refund cycle chart has been eliminated and replaced with an IRS Information Guidelines for the Tax Preparation Community publication and the IRS says the best way to check the status of your refund is using the Where’s My Refund tool. However, various websites with refund calendars for the 2019 tax season (2018 tax year) have been updated with 2019 direct deposit and check mailing dates.

TurboTax Live TaxAct H&R Block

1. Londa

@Mommyof3: the second time she called me and told me she received my documents from my children’s school to verify they was in household with me the whole entire year. And she said that was all she needed but when I had my other child’s information sent to her she never called me back to let me know if she even got those documentations. My oldest child go to a totally different school than my other two children so I had to documentation for him and I did I sent it to her the beat day .. still no call from her. I won’t what’s taking her so long to contact me back

2. Mommyof3
    • 5071C Letter, Weekly

@Londa: so what happened so what happened the second time around she said she still haven’t received them are you sending it to the right fax number

3. Londa

I wonder why haven’t my tax advocate didn’t forward my documents to examination department yet then? If she receives faxes by computer and she can see them as soon as they come in. I been sent her my information and examination department told me yesterday they haven’t received anything yet. I thought if you send documents by fax the tax advocate should automatically send to the correct departments. That’s what I thought. Does anyone knows anything differently.

4. SickOfTheIRS

@Ashley0913: sis, noone really knows. Having a TA is suppose to cut your wait time to a month, but we sent our amended back in April && haven’t received or heard anything. Hopefully, you have a good TA that’ll work on your case && get things processed for you.🙂

5. Ashley0913

Hey everyone… I got a tax advocate last week… filed original tax return 2/7 amended received 4/2. Faxed my advocate my amended return 6/11 so she can get it expedited. How long does this process take?

6. Mommyof3
    • 5071C Letter, Weekly

@Londa: the tax the tax advocate is lying because your fax goes through her computer it doesn’t go through a machine that’s why they have that 855 area code in hotline told me this as a matter of fact one day I was on the phone with my tax advocate and I fax something to her and she received it right there she said she was waiting on her computer to show it

7. Mommyof3
    • 5071C Letter, Weekly

@Sheila_33: those advocates be advocates be lying because my advocate and the tax advocate hotline said that when you fax something it’s through eFax basically it pops up on their computer so they aren’t even seeing anything on paper they get a notification on each advocate computer when they receive a fax so if her tax advocate is saying somebody has to bring it to her she’s lying because it shows up on her computer

8. Londa

@Sheila_33: well I just resent the same information again by fax and I told her to give me a call. I call her phone and no answer and it say she is in today. She be in from Tuesday thru Friday. From 6 to 4

• RN 9001, Weekly

@Maryann: Whats the July date?

• RN 9001, Weekly

@Black_Byrd: When that date sticks and passes by, it means someone is manually going to have to get it processing again.

• RN 9001, Weekly

@Londa: Yes, I understood that you had but someone had an advocate that when they called to check on the progress of their documents they faxed, the advocate had said it must not have been brought to her yet. Can’t remember the user that stated that but they are working so many cases, and its possible it just hasn’t been looked at yet.

12. SickOfTheIRS

@Nae Bae: that’s the same thing we received && haven’t been able to get TA either!!🙄😒🙄

13. Black_Byrd

Welp… I guess I’m waiting til next week. Unless transcripts update all day. My as of date has been June 10th for a few weeks. Doesn’t even show an amended return was filed. Even though they received it April 22nd. Nothing has changed on my transcript. No new codes. What does it mean when your as of date passes and no update. I assumed they would push it out today once I’m a weekly. :-/

14. Vickylou
    • Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), Child Tax Credit, Additional Child Tax Credit, Education Credit (8863)
    • 4883C Letter, 4464C Letter, Weekly

@Mommyof3: Girl Listen!!!!!! Man oh man this is crazy!!!

15. Mommyof3
    • 5071C Letter, Weekly

@Vickylou: yessssss!!! Raptors my whole family is from Canada… I was doing my Drake dance

16. Maryann

Shelia_33 Good morning Shelia, I’m still waiting 😢. Shelia I’m able view online transcripts still same codes 570 971 filed January 28 . EIC child credit , my as of dates change 3x since June 1 moving forward now it has a July date before that date June 24 . Have you heard of anything like it .

Thanks

17. Vickylou
    • 4883C Letter, 4464C Letter, Weekly

Please forgive me but the Raptors did it!!!!!! Whew now I feel better whoever got the 846 Congrats!!

18. Mommyof3
    • 5071C Letter, Weekly

Today is the first time I am happy to see my “as of” date stay still because someone is actually working on it

• RN 9001, Weekly

@Undauntedbeauty: That’s the pattern unfortunately. The amended should resolve it unless they need more info from you.

• RN 9001, Weekly

@Martydabaddest: not sure then unless it was manually posted which would be understandable if a previous check had been returned.

21. Undauntedbeauty
    • Child Tax Credit, Education Credit (8863), W2
    • RN 9001, TC 570, 5071C Letter, Weekly

So my 424 dated 6/7 has vanished and now shows 420 dates 6/7. They didn’t add a line after the 424 they just replaced the exact line and date. Does this mean I’m being audited? I’ve sent in my amend a month ago and it still doesn’t show received.

22. Undauntedbeauty
    • Child Tax Credit, Education Credit (8863), W2
    • RN 9001, TC 570, 5071C Letter, Weekly

@Kyle23: Sigh! OK thanks!

23. Kyle23

@Undauntedbeauty (not signed in): I sent my amended in April26th. There was nothing on the WMAR tool till a month later. It did say they received it on April 30th. Why it took them over a month to post received I don’t know. So they had it for a month and waited to post it as received. I also don’t understand how some people are saying they mailed it in and got a check a month later. I thought it takes much longer.

24. Martydabaddest

@londa I filed injured spouse on Jan 28th. I had take action 1541 forever. Then in may I found out they said they mailed me a check in April and it was returned as undeliverable. I just kept calling to find out the status. They took a lot of my money I mean a lot for my husbands child support case. They said they were holding on to the remainder to make sure I didn’t have any other debt. Which I didn’t. My as of date was 5/20 for the longest. I called Thursday June 6th and the irs agent asked me some questions and said she was releasing the funds and sending a check. I never got an advocate I just waited. I notice my transcript changed today the last time I check it was Saturday the 8th. Not sure when it updated.

25. Martydabaddest

Thank guys that’s weird though because the irs agent said they are sending a check and asked me where would I like it sent to @sheila_33

26. Nae Bae
      CA
      BofA
      Jun-22
      Jun-27
    • Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), Additional Child Tax Credit, Education Credit (8863), Schedule C, W2
    • TT 152, TC 570, TC 971, TC 846, 4464C Letter, CP05 Notice, Daily

I received another 2644C letter stating they’re waiting for my tax account information to be available on their computer system and give them an addition 60 days. My husband tried to call our TA Monday and Tuesday and have heard nothing back yet. 🙄

27. Vrome

@SickOfTheIRS: I have the same exact letter and I am really looking for some insight on this.

• RN 9001, Weekly

@Londa:have you contacted the advocate? Someone earlier in the week was told their documents were in the mail room and had not been looked at yet so they just may not have gotten to them yet

29. Londa

Shouldn’t my proof documents should already be showing up in irs computers if my tax advocate sent them the documents?

30. Londa

I was just told by examinations department that they haven’t received my documents from my tax advocate and I sent her everything last week. The rep said nothing is showing up in system.. I wonder why not?

31. SickOfTheIRS

@Black_Byrd: I contacted my TA && her manager…..neither will give me answers. Called the TA Hotline: was informed that since I had already been assigned a TA they can’t “unlock” my account and give any info. Contacted my state Senator’s office, his rep said that it might be up to 3 weeks before they hear anything as well. Im At my wits end, desperate and don’t know what to do anymore

• RN 9001, Weekly

@Mommyof3: You’re a rebel lol. I think that was a good idea, it got you some answers.

• RN 9001, Weekly

@Marydabaddest: @Black_Byrd is correct, that’s a direct deposit date. Some people are still in the old cade system and have the Thursday deposits. Congrats!

• RN 9001, Weekly

@SickOfTheIRS: are you able to see your earnings on the social security site?

35. Black_Byrd

@Marydabaddest: Checks only go out on Fridays. That is more than likely a DD Date. Except it’s on a Thursday which is something I’ve never seen. I’ve seen MTW but never Thurs. Congrats!

36. Black_Byrd

@SickOfTheIRS: Call the TA service. And tell them whats going on. Your TA should have called you by now. It makes no sense what you are going through. I am so sorry.

37. SickOfTheIRS

Does anyone know what it means when the IRS keeps sending letters saying: We’re waiting for your tax account information to be available on our computer system?’ I don’t know what this means because I filed my original January 30th, IRS received the same day. Tax return has been held since 2/16. Got TA late February. Filed amended return April 10th. Haven’t heard from TA since. This has literally taken me to a braking point because I don’t understand or know what’s going on. So does anyone know what this means?? I’m literally terrified && shaken up…..why aren’t they showing my info??

38. Londa

@Marydabaddest: did you have tax advocate or did you have to amend what was your situation if you don’t mind me asking

39. Vickylou
    • 4883C Letter, 4464C Letter, Weekly

@Marydabaddest: Come Thru Mary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!

40. Marydabaddest

I finally received an 846 on my transcript the date is 6-20. Does that mean I’ll get it by that date. Or will the check be mailed after that date @sheila_33

41. Mommyof3
    • 5071C Letter, Weekly

@Sheila_33: o right im thinking it’s the end of june..that was fast tho because I actually faxed my ta a letter yesterday..oops but I couldn’t help myself..and she called…I’m breaking all the rules

• RN 9001, Weekly

@Mommyof3: not necessarily. I wouldn’t be surprised if you saw something in the next 2 weeks. At least that’s what I’m hoping.

43. Mommyof3

@Sheila_33: darn so I’m still looking at middle of july

• RN 9001, Weekly

@Mommyof3: Running errands this morning. It looks like they will review the amended and process it as the original return so fingers crossed, they kick it out fast. They’ve got everything now, so they just need to put it all together, put it back into processing and cycle it thru to an update.

45. Mommyof3
    • 5071C Letter, Weekly

@Vickylou: I’m so happy she said that they accepted all my documents I sent in to prove head of household so now I’m looking for Sheila to find out what does she think what happened next when should I expect a refund date

46. Vickylou

@Mommyof3: ayeeeeeeee

47. Mommyof3
    • 5071C Letter, Weekly

okay guy just a quick update unexpected updates on my tax advocate just called me when she wasn’t supposed to call me until June 27th but she called to tell me that the IRS in the audit department has accepted my amended return

48. Iris

@Bossnikki: My advocate actually mailed my return for me. she told me to send it to her and that she would send it directly to the IRS. I had a Dallas Advocate, I don’t know if they do things different here.

49. Vickylou
    • 4883C Letter, 4464C Letter, Weekly

@Black_Byrd: Like they must find them in newspaper ads!!

50. Vickylou
    • 4883C Letter, 4464C Letter, Weekly

@Black_Byrd: Lol they say it so fast but I will do that next time and I will let you know what it is.

51. Black_Byrd

@Vickylou: Write down their ID numbers. one lady told me I was stupid for giving my ex the 8332 for him to get the exemption. She said “I’d have taken it all for myself”… They think we aren’t smart enough to keep track of who we talk to. The IRS are government workers. Federal infact. Too many bad reports on a person and things happen. I am a federal employee so I know this for a fact. Try to stay strong. Report back when you see your mail. Good Luck! :-)

52. Vickylou
    • 4883C Letter, 4464C Letter, Weekly

I swear on my life if one irs agent gets smart and doesn’t want to work I am teleporting there. I call like I see a letter from you guys being sent and I can see it on the usps website because I have informed delivery. I can’t see any codes on my transcripts just 570 that has been there forever. Here he go ” You have to wait to you get your mail you can see it right? You just have to wait!. I go your mad rude bye!! He like have a good day! I am sick of them treating people like they don’t matter like I am sick of it and I have reached my limit real talk!!

53. Bossnikki

@Iris: I faxed my amended return to tax advocate but she said I still needed to send one over to IRS i overnight it it got there Saturday.. Had you already sent an amended return to IRS… She not giving me an update until July 17

54. Vickylou
    • 4883C Letter, 4464C Letter, Weekly

Yeah something is wrong with the irs I called the offset line and just hear a loud beep!! I have something in the mail from them I can see online and I am just trying to see what it is.

55. Vickylou
    • 4883C Letter, 4464C Letter, Weekly

@Black_Byrd: Mines is doing the same thing it will let me log in but after that it just resets itself to the homepage.

56. Iris

@Kyle23: Good morning,
    Do you have a tax advocate? I sent my amended return overnight to my advocate the first week of May and received my funds yesterday. Without a TA I read that it could take 4 months. Good luck

57. Katrina26

@Undauntedbeauty (not signed in): I amended April 29th. The irs tool never updated for me but I watched my transcripts and saw my as of date move forward and eventually saw my 846 code. Once I got the 846 code my irs tool updated too but my refund deposited yesterday and the irs tool still says it’ll deposit soon. Have you checked your transcripts?

58. Kyle23

My amended return was received on April 30th which is about 6 weeks ago. It has not yet been adjusted. Another person in this site said they had their amended received around the same time and got a refund in a month. Should I be worried?

59. Undauntedbeauty (not signed in)

@Katrina26: May I ask when you filed your amend and if/when it ever showed in the system. They received mine almost a month ago and the system and reps don’t show it received yet.

I filed in January and didn’t even need the money until June so I wasn’t bothered by the delays. My tuition drafts in a week for nursing school and I’m losing it. I’d never imagine 6 months later it wouldn’t arrive.

60. 8379 pleasehurry

Hello everyone I filed my taxes in 02/19 offset occurred and had to fill out an 8379 for my portion i was told to wait 8 weeks 45 days from April 1st to process 8379 I waited and called got put on a 30 day referral irs said to wait and call back on 28th of June this month I been waiting since April when I mailed my 8379.I’m hoping for mines to come sometime next month I live in Virginia

• RN 9001, Weekly

@Matt: I wouldn’t see any reason why if they’re her loans.

62. Matt

@Sheila_33: any reason they would deny it? It’s for student loans for my wife. Nothing to do with me. Thank you by the way

• RN 9001, Weekly

@Jenniedoo: If I was in your position I would consider getting an advocate. There have been some issues with advocates, but I’ve also seen some good ones that get things done.

• RN 9001, Weekly

@Matt: The last I heard they were behind on the injured spouse returns but a referral will speed up the process. All depends on how fast the Irs takes to manually enter and get it into processing.

65. Matt

Looking for help/advice please
    IRS received my 8379 on April 15th. I called on May 31st and spoke to someone that said they would file a referral and to please give 30 days to contact. I haven’t seen any mail or had any calls so I decided to check back in today. This person told me that there had been no further action and she would file a referral. I told her about the call 2 weeks ago and she said that they did not file a referral then or that it was too early. I was told 45 days.

So No letters yet, no calls yet. How long are we talking here?

66. Jenniedoo

@Sheila_33: I hope he was being honest as well. Because if so I’ll be up soon. I waited so long last year plus I was pregnant and not having that money was stressful. My transcripts last yr said that they didn’t start my audit until June and I mailed my information in but this yr they started my audit in April and and I faxed my information in this time so they got it much sooner. I’m debating if I should get a TA because some people says that theirs don’t return the calls or taking forever.

67. Vickylou
    • 4883C Letter, 4464C Letter, Weekly

My TA said she would call before the 14th or on the 14th yeah I will wait.

68. Vickylou
    • 4883C Letter, 4464C Letter, Weekly

@Mommyof3: Well I originally filed Jan 28th and I did my amended last month and was received May 20th.

69. Mommyof3

@Sheila_33: oh ok

• RN 9001, Weekly

@Black_Byrd: Weeklies process on Thursdays, Wmr on Saturdays but the wmr can update any day for dailies. Nothing wrong with checking transcripts everyday, since manually things can be entered and this year, some weeklys saw changes in wording on the wmr on Fridays. I’m a weekly too, and I’ve been one for so long, I don’t know if I could handle the anxiety of being a daily and checking everyday, lol.

71. Mommyof3
    • 5071C Letter, Weekly

@Vickylou: when did you file

• RN 9001, Weekly

@Mommyof3: If they process it as the original return then it may not show up until you update to a refund code. The date moving out is good and it gives me some hope that maybe you’re finally moving, since she said she would call you on the 27th.

73. Vickylou

@Mommyof3: Mines isn’t showing up either

74. Mommyof3
    • 5071C Letter, Weekly

@Sheila_33: she sent a letter saying she will call on the 27th and expecting completion date of 7/31 and my as of date pushed out last Friday to the 24th my amended still not showing up on WMR nor transcripts

• RN 9001, Weekly

@Mommyof3: Hey hun. Yes, I saw you sent everything in but didn’t know you still haven’t received a letter. Have you heard anything from your advocate or has your transcripts doing anything at all?

• RN 9001, Weekly

@Familyof6: A lot depends on your cycle code and when you process. If you’re cycle code ends in a 05 most likely you’re a weekly and process every Thursday and update on transcripts on Friday and Wmr on Saturdays. If you’re a daily and your cycle code ends in 01 to 04, and a few 05’s then you’re a daily and can process any day with big updates for dailies on Wednesdays. If you can see your transcripts online, that would tell you when you process. If you can’t, then if you usually update on a Saturday on wmr then you’re probably a weekly.

• RN 9001, Weekly

@Jenniedoo: Honestly, it just depends on how fast they get it reviewed and back into processing. I went under audit last year in February, didn’t get an advocate, just waited it out and got my refund the end of June. An advocate can put your return on the top of the stack instead of it waiting in line to be processed. Last year, I saw some in my same situation get their refunds within a couple of months with an advocate. Hopefully, the examiner was being honest and they are on early April returns. Last year, they were backed up 4 months or so.

78. Black_Byrd

I am not a fan of being a weekly. Even though I check my transcripts everyday. I know it wont update until a Friday. I was hoping that it being an amended Return that there would be a different method. My hopes were dashed. Does WMAR update daily or weekly? or does it depend on if you are weekly or daily?

79. Jenniedoo

@Sheila_33: thanks so much sweetie. Because when I spoke with someone from the examiner office I was told that they are on early April responses for audits. So since I sent mines in and it’s dated 5/10 I should get a new letter before the date on my letter of 8/8/19. Do you know after you get a TA how long is it before you hear about your refund date.

80. FamilyOf6

Good Morning, I verified Monday and waiting on processing but does anybody know the cycle works and what days does the system update or process

81. Mommyof3
    • 5071C Letter, Weekly

@Sheila_33: hey good morning idk if u ever saw where I said I never received my letter from the IRS for this audit I still haven’t it’s been a month I just want to make sure I sent everything to them

82. Katrina26

@Kyle23: hi Kyle. I amended on April 29th. And I got my Refund back today! Good luck. I know it’s horrible waiting

• RN 9001, Weekly

@Jenniedoo: go to irs.gov get forms and print off a 911 advocate request form, fax to the number provided and it takes around 3 to 5 days to hear back from one.

84. momdukes
      GA
      wf
    • Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), Additional Child Tax Credit, Schedule C, W2

@Katrina26: Yay!! When did you get your 846? Today? I hope everyone that’s waiting gets one too!!!

85. Jenniedoo

I know for a fact that next year I will going into the irs building and have them file my return. Because this is the second year that I have been audited.

86. Jamesc

@Familyof6: It took me one week exactly. Went on the 31st and got a dd for the 12th on Saturday