When does IRS accept tax returns in 2019?

The IRS begins accepting and processing tax returns on January 28, 2019.  According to the IRS, Where’s My Refund tool is the best way to check the status of your tax refund.

When Can You File Taxes in 2019?

Most tax preparers will allow you to enter and submit your tax return beginning the first week of January 2019.  You don’t need to wait for the IRS to start accepting tax returns to start, but you must have the proper forms and paperwork. Some forms are not available until mid January and some even later.  When you submit your return before the IRS begins processing, it will sit in a “queue” and be held until the date that the IRS will officially accept tax returns.  If you e-file early and it sits in queue, your return may be sent to the IRS early in a test batch. This has resulted in early direct deposits in the past, but also major glitches because they are tests after all.

2019 Refund Cycle Chart

The most recent tax refund cycle charts have already been published. The official IRS tax refund cycle chart has been eliminated and replaced with an IRS Information Guidelines for the Tax Preparation Community publication and the IRS says the best way to check the status of your refund is using the Where’s My Refund tool. However, various websites with refund calendars for the 2019 tax season (2018 tax year) have been updated with 2019 direct deposit and check mailing dates.

TurboTax Live

• RN 9001, Weekly

@PissedAndWaitinginTexas: If that transcript date doesn’t move forward, something is holding you, since you were told review and that date has passed then its possible that’s the reason. But, unfortunately, with a review, and not knowing exactly what they’re reviewing, I don’t have an idea of a wait time. I would still keep an eye on that wmr this weekend. Its quite possible they could be processing you today and that date will start moving again. If it does, then you’ll know things are moving and you should see a refund date soon. If not, then hopefully, that letter will get to you and you’ll have an idea what they want from you.

2. eric529
      Ohio
      Huntt
    • Injured Spouse

Errrrr so annoyed about this damn transcript thing I wanna see them online and it just won’t let me set up account so not cool

3. Momma_ b4

@Sheila_33: ok ty

• RN 9001, Weekly

@Momma_b4: You’re looking for a 846 code, that would have the refund date beside it on your account transcript.

5. Kikachu

@Sheila_33: No spouse or anything fancy besides eitc . I’m thinking that I will possibly have to do an ID verify. But when I asked the agent yesterday if thats the case possibly, she said she wasn’t sure because my account isn’t showing anything smh. She was nice, but definitely not helpful. I’ve gotten more info from this forum than I have from any IRS agent (thank you all for being great btw!!) But its so darn frustrating. Both my sisters who literally only filed 3 days before me whom also have the eitc has already gotten their refunds.

• RN 9001, Weekly

@Brit-in-indiana: Last years transcripts won’t help much since those days shift back after the 846 is issued. I processed up to the end of June last year. But after my 846 was issued and my refund was deposited, my date shifted back to the original date I started with.

7. Momma_ b4

@Sheila_33: ty so much for responding where would I find my deposit date?

• RN 9001, Weekly

@Momma_b4: That’s the date you posted to the master file. 8th week, 5th day of the irs tax week

• RN 9001, Weekly

@Bree: By being there, what do you mean? Are there codes on there at all or just a processing date?

10. Brit-in-indiana

@Sheila_33: last year s transcript has 3/5/18 processing date but when it issued my refund the as Of date says 4/9/18 and 290 addiontal tax assed 4/2/18 so I’m not sure 🤔

• RN 9001, Weekly

@Kikachu: Did you file with injured spouse or amended? With those being blank, you haven’t even begun to process. Its quite possibly an id verify if injured spouse or amended doesn’t apply to you. I would call and ask why I haven’t even gone into processing and if its possibly that you’re going to have to do an id verify?

12. FYI Still Stick ...9001 .. for 38 days!🥺

Hey all I’m just wondering why the difference is for all of us who’s ID verify I did mine in person on 3/6 still nothing the lady told me of course the upto 9weeks but the other lady that came to the window as well said I should see some movement in 24/48 hours she gave me the wink 😉 and the gun fingers!! Lmao but hopefully Saturday I’ll update just wanna do a count for online, in person,, and phone ID verify!!

13. PissedAndWaitingInTexas
      Jackson Hewitt
    • Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), Child Tax Credit, Additional Child Tax Credit, Schedule C, 1099

@Sheila_33: The 971 is 03-11-2019 even though I’ve been calling for weeks and they’ve told me I should’ve gotten a letter by now.

14. Bree

@Sheila_33: Also my as of date is March 4 , any idea what that means. At first transcripts were completely blank on March 2. Then I ordered another set an they were their but not filled out

• RN 9001, Weekly

@PissedAndWaitingInTexas: my first thought is that you’re actually under review, but I have seen people updating from a set date and jump forward on the as of date of around 2 weeks on the next transcript update. It possibly might be a soft review that is being done internally and since you haven’t gotten a letter yet, that might be what its explaining. What is the date beside the 971?

16. PissedAndWaitingInTexas
      Jackson Hewitt

@Sheila_33: The as of date is Mar. 11, 2019

• RN 9001, Weekly

@Bree: Scroll back a few, there is one other that has the exact same thing. Its possible you may see something on the wmr this Saturday, if not a refund date, at least a change in wording on the wmr

18. Kikachu

@Sheila_33: yes they’re completely blank. I’m not sure if I’m looking at the correct one though. Where it says “return transcript” it say N/a . Where it says “account transcript” it does have the 2018 however its blank besides the As of date which has 3/25

19. Momma_ b4

Finally able to check transcripts and got cycle code 20190805 what date is that for me?

20. PissedAndWaitingInTexas
      Jackson Hewitt

@Sheila_33: The 570 date is 03-04-2019. The 766 and 768 are dated 04-15-2019

• RN 9001, Weekly

@PissedAndWaitingInTexas: So as of today your as of date beside the 570 is 3/4. And what is your “as of” date at the top of your transcript? Is it the same?

22. Bree

Has Anyone Updated From Reference 9001? Verified On Phone Feb.25 Called Irs And They Stated Did Not Start Processing Until Feb.27. It’s Been 2 Weeks How Much Longer????

• RN 9001, Weekly

@Brit-in-Indiana: So you can see your transcripts and your as of date is what exactly?

• RN 9001, Weekly

@Ralph: two weeks is about the average time this year to get the id verify back into processing. Its possible you may see a change on the wmr by this Saturday. Hopefully, its a refund date but if not, even if it changes to being processed, then you’re back to processing again and any movement is good on the wmr when its been stuck for awhile

25. Royalty
    • Identity Theft

@StucknMS: Mine had that address and it was ID verify.

• RN 9001, Weekly

@Kikachu: And your transcripts are blank as of today? It it doesn’t change by this weekend, I would be calling them to see if theres a reason its not going into processing because you should of had something showing on those transcripts by now.

27. Brit-in-Indiana

Talked to irs rep she said had received my IS form and it has been assigned our processing date is for the 11th filed 2/15 last year we filed 2/11 with 3/5 processing date refund issued 3/21 hoping for same time line. Anyone else heard any updates?

28. Eanne30

Hey everyone! Could someone tell me what kind of things to say to make sure I get a TA? I filed Jan 8th and has been in review forever. 1541 then to processing. My car is out of commission and I’m having a hard time getting around. They are messing up my plans.

29. PissedAndWaitingInTexas
      Jackson Hewitt

@Sheila_33: 03-04-2019

30. Kikachu

@Sheila_33 I filed and was accepted on the 28th of February. But when I called the Irs yesterday, they said it wasn’t submitted til the 4th of March. Not even sure how thats possible when it said accepted days prior. Then the irs agent goes on to tell me to give it til 3/25 to see a change. I’m just concerned because this is the longest its even been for movement on wmr

• RN 9001, Weekly

@Pissedand waitinginTexas: Whats your date beside the 570?

32. PissedAndWaitingInTexas
      Jackson Hewitt

Well, I finally broke down and had my transcripts faxed to me.. I learned nothing new. 570/971. Still no letter. No codes on wmr. “is being processed” Rep said “45 day review is up on the 29th, the 6th, or the 8th.” Depending on which one I talked to. I’m so confused. This tax year is the worst.

33. StucknMS
      MS
      Green dot
    • Education Credit (8863), W2
    • Weekly

Lol it’s my new debit card LMAO

34. StucknMS
      MS
      Green dot
    • Education Credit (8863), W2
    • Weekly

Mine too thanks everyone!!!

• RN 9001, Weekly

@Kikachu: How long ago did you file?

• RN 9001, Weekly

@StucknMs: Ok, let me know what you find out

37. Mommyof3
      Michigan
      One Detroit credit union
    • 5071C Letter, Weekly

@StucknMS: if you put the address even if it’s a PO box and Google and show you exactly where it’s coming from

38. Tigerlili_1
      WA, CA, Ut
      PenFed
      3rd Bar
    • Additional Child Tax Credit, Schedule C, 1099, W2
    • TT 152, Identity Theft

@StucknMS: They always say IRS on the envelope, in my experience.

39. StucknMS
      MS
      Green dot
    • Education Credit (8863), W2
    • Weekly

@Sheila_33: I have a letter coming from Austin,TX however I don’t know if it’s IRS or not? It just says box # Austin, TX not Internal Revenue Service yada yada yada. I’m also about to get another copy of my transcript to see if anything has been added.

40. Mommyof3
      Michigan
      One Detroit credit union
    • 5071C Letter, Weekly

@Ralph: can u view transcripts

41. Erika
      AR
      Wells Fargo
    • TT 152, TC 570, TC 971, Daily

@Royalty: feb 25

• RN 9001, Weekly

@Ralph: How long ago was your id verify?

43. eric529
      Ohio
      Huntt
    • Injured Spouse

Guess the advocate not calling me back

44. Ralph

I call and I was ID verified…The lady told me in 9 weeks I should receive my refund but when I check, the website is still the same…No info and 9001 still showing…Can anyone please explain why?

45. Royalty
    • Identity Theft

@Erika: Congrats! What was you transcript as of date?

46. Mommyof3
      Michigan
      One Detroit credit union
    • 5071C Letter, Weekly

GM 🌞🌞 🌞🌞🌞

47. Amy Spence
      NJ
      Turbo Tax Advance Card
    • Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), Child Tax Credit, Additional Child Tax Credit, Education Credit (8863), W2
    • Weekly

@NeedmyCash: yes that is what it says before 846 the “magic” code wmr will update Sat morning probably

48. Erika
      AR
      Wells Fargo
    • TT 152, TC 570, TC 971, Daily

Once again, just to give some of you hope….I got a 570 dated 3-11 and a 971 dated 3-18…was told several times by IRS and Tax Advocate line that it’s a 45 day review…letter sent…and to
    Basically just wait and take no action. My transcripts updated Tuesday with a direct deposit code and WMR updated the following day with a DD for 3-15. I still haven’t received the letter they sent out March 1st….good luck to you all and many blessings!

49. OWK333

how long should it take for a 45 day review to get done? i saw on another site that it doesnt take that long to do.

50. Ralph

51. GoBlue
      MI
      USAA
      3rd Bar
    • Child Tax Credit, Additional Child Tax Credit, W2
    • TC 971, TC 846, Weekly

@Sheila_33: no. Never had an issue with Wmr when using HOH

52. Shy
      Nevada
      Wells Fargo

@Kayt: yeah I was told I was under review and no action needs to be taken… hope you get ur refund soon

53. Jchick

OK got a TA on Friday my TA called me back yesterday told me as of Monday my stuff was put back into processing last night everything updated even to the 846 now I have a DD date for 3-19-19

54. NeedmyCash

Soo finally after almost 2months i did id verify and my wmr updated from still being processed to received refund and it is being processed … Is this good news ???

• RN 9001, Weekly

@Aliesha: 570 is a hold code. Could be for anything but if you can get them faxed tomorrow they could change.

56. Aliesha
      Ga
      Wellsfargo
      Take Action
    • TT 152, RN 1541, Weekly

@eric529: I figured I’d go ahead and ask for them. If I don’t see any movement Saturday I’ll call again next week and have them send them again.

57. eric529
      Ohio
      Huntt
    • Injured Spouse

@Aliesha: should of waited till tomorrow afternoon when weeklys are updated get a better idea where ya at

58. Coldinpa
      Pa
      Small town bank
    • Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), Child Tax Credit, Additional Child Tax Credit, 1099, W2

@Aliesha: 570 is a hold code

59. Aliesha
      Ga
      Wellsfargo
      Take Action
    • TT 152, RN 1541, Weekly

Got my trans faxed to me. These are my codes: 150,806,766,768,570. What do these mean?

60. Aliesha
      Ga
      Wellsfargo
      Take Action
    • TT 152, RN 1541, Weekly

I do believe I called the irs and literally got the dumbest rep they had. I’m about to just give up on this years refund. My advocate sent everything over Monday or Tuesday. This included w2’s and last paycheck stubs and the info from the state for the unemployment I got last year. Still waiting.

61. Coldinpa
      Pa
      Small town bank

No update for me, surprise surprise.

62. misstiffany
      SC
      Chime

I don’t want to panic, so I’m trying to wait until Saturday before I do. I filed and was accepted on 2/27. I had 1 bar and “it is being processed” until 3/12. My bars disappeared and “still being processed” appeared and has not gone away. I still have tax topic 152. It has happened to me before and then the bars came back a few days later, so Idk what to think.

63. Ashley993

Still no update for me… filed and accepted 1/29. ID verify 2/24 and still blank transcripts.

• RN 9001, Weekly

Good morning. I see we had a daily update early this morning.

65. eric529
      Ohio
      Huntt
    • Injured Spouse

@misstiffany: top page right side white lines click that then click phone numbers

66. misstiffany
      SC
      Chime

What’s the number to request faxed transcripts?

67. eric529
      Ohio
      Huntt
    • Injured Spouse

Good morning folks

68. Nae Bae
      CA
      BofA
    • Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), Additional Child Tax Credit, Education Credit (8863), Schedule C, W2
    • TT 152, TC 570, TC 971, Daily

My transcripts updated to a 971 dated 04/01 the 570 is still dated 3/25 😭😭😭

69. Ralph

@Lisapizza: I call and I was ID verified…The lady told me in 9 weeks I should receive my refund but when I check, the website is still the same…No info and 9001 still showing…

70. Lisapizza

@Ralph: if your account still says 9001 and you haven’t ID verified yet you will not update period ! I verified Monday but am a weekly I’m assuming since I only update on Saturday mornings so hoping to see some movement this weekend or next

71. Jchick

@texasmomof3 my ta called today said my stuff was put in Monday for processing and that I may see an update this weekend so about 2 hours ago my return transcripts went from n/a to full then about 30 minutes ago I looked my account transcripts was full with 846 date of 3-19-19 my wrm still says processing

72. Tigerlili_1

• Injured Spouse

@Jchick: congrats

74. eric529
      Ohio
      Huntt
    • Injured Spouse

@jmahart07: it takes 8 to 12 weeks last year took 14 weeks for us call and make sure they got it then call every couple of weeks to make everything ok

75. jmahart07

Hi guys!

I filed my regular return. I got a DDD, I ended up having an offset at the last minute. The dept of edu took my whole refund. I filed Injured Spouse for my husband on paper after that to try to get some of our refund back. Will my bars change again? Will I update there again? How will I know they are working on it, have received, and if I am getting anything back? Any help is appreciated!! Please help me understand this is my first year having to deal with IS.