January 27, 2012 7:36 PM
Here’s some links to news articles related to the IRS Refund Delays:
January 27, 2012 7:37 PM Delete
Looks like you’ll have to just copy and paste the address into you web browser to jump the their web pages.
January 27, 2012 7:51 PM
January 31, 2012 10:17 AM Delete
USA Today Article 1/30/12
FreeFiler through HRB
Filing Date: 1/17/12 22:15 EST
Accepted Date: 1/18/12 14:53 EST
WMR Date: was 2/7/12 all the time;
DD Conf Date: 2/8/12
DD Rect Date: 2/8/12 01:30 EST
updated 2/8/12 01:30 EST
February 18, 2012 7:22 AM
February 19, 2012 1:51 PM
February 21, 2012 11:02 PM Delete
More Information on Where is my Refund.
February 21, 2012
Estimates are that about half of all taxpayers who filed between 2/2 and 2/7 across the nation have not yet had their refund released by the IRS. Last week, we reported that the IRS “Where’s My Refund” was not displaying any information at all on most taxpayers affected by this latest nationwide computer problem at the IRS. This problem at the IRS can incorrectly lead these taxpayers to think that their tax return was not filed even though it was actually filed. This past weekend, the IRS began reporting an estimated refund date for some of the taxpayers affected by this problem, which is in many cases either 2/23 or 2/24. For other taxpayers, the IRS “Where’s My Refund” still shows no information, even though the taxpayer actually filed a tax return in early February. Based on information we are receiving, some of the taxpayers who were affected by this nationwide refund problem at the IRS should receive their refund this Thursday or Friday.
As of today, looking at statistics of tax returns filed, here are some statistics:
- for returns filed on 2/1, approximately 10% have not yet been released by the IRS.
- for returns filed on 2/2, approximately 45% have not yet been released by the IRS.
- for returns filed on 2/3 – 2/4, approximately 60% have not yet been released by the IRS.
- for returns filed on 2/5 – 2/9, approximately 40% have not yet been released by the IRS.
- for returns filed on 2/10, approximately 50% have not yet been released by the IRS.
- for returns filed on 2/11, approximately 50% have not yet been released by the IRS.
- for returns filed on 2/12, approximately 50% have not yet been released by the IRS.
February 18, 2012 7:20 AM Quote This Flag Private Message